Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Size: 7.5 x 18 x 15 inches|Color: Black|Change

on August 3, 2010
I first saw McKlein briefcases in "SKY MALL" catalogue in 2001; I've wanted one ever since. Well, I finally purchased the La Grange syle a couple of weeks ago. I LOVE IT! It is sylish, well made and practical for business travel. The ability to covert from rolling to either shoulder or handle style is what sold me; the patented mechanism works very well and the coversion from wheelie bag is simple and efficient. The inside of the case is beige lined, so you can find stuff easily. It is roomy and fits everything perfectly without being overstuffed including peripherals(note: I am completely paperless). I am hoping this is the last briefcase I will ever buy, the lifetime warrantee assures this. The red colour is a darker cherry red, very nice, not garrish.
22 comments|124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 15, 2014
I purchased the McKlein LaGrange (155); Siamod Novembre (175) and Siamod Pastenello (225) from Amazon as the fulfiller.
I needed a vertical laptop bag with wheels to use when flying for business. I wanted something to fit under the seat. (An aside: I also recommend the Zo&Co Travel Tote. It slips on the pocket of the airline seat so all your stuff is at arms reach and then folds up into thirds to slip in your bag. Love it!)

Here are my observations:

-These are all the same manufacturer. The sizing is very similar, if not identical - the differences are in styling and leather.

-The telescoping handles on all 3 are identical, even though some of the photos for the Siamond bags show the button on the top- it's NOT, all three have the button awkwardly placed in the handle (annoying, but not a deal breaker).

-The insides are all the same, even the same fabric, however, there is an additional pocket (open top, attached to the padded middle zipper section) on the PASTENELLO that is NOT on the other two. **Alert: this Pocket is NOT for your laptop - I saw some reviews saying it was too small for your laptop. Your laptop goes in the bag, not the pocket. I place my laptop in the section closest to the handle- that way the bag doesn't tip and it has extra protection by being near the back of the wheeled section.

-These are the equivalent of a standard laptop bag as far as sizing and capacity, although it is deeper.. about twice as thick as my HP laptop bag.. (I can fit two laptops in these without issue) They are not as large (capacity) as a traditional briefcase. If you are looking for a laptop bag, I think you will be pleased. If you are looking for something that holds more like a briefcase, you will likely think these do not have enough room.

-These come with two FOBs - one contains the keys for the outside pocket stuffed inside.

-McKlein LaGrange: cheapest option. I like the styling best. VERY stiff leather, difficult to get things in and out of.

-Siamod Novembre: Compromise $ between the other two. Least favorite style.. Softer than the LaGrange, but still stiff. Not a huge fan of the Croc look.

-Siamod Pastenello: Most expensive. Styling more casual than LaGrange, but much better in person than online IMO. Soft leather; no contest between the other two. Easy to get into the bag. I wish they had the McKlein Style in this leather.

Winner: Siamod Pastenello. Despite the heftier pricetag, the softer leather allowing easier access to the bag is worth it.
on May 9, 2012
If you need a stylish work bag that does not break your back or your budget, I highly recommend the McKlein La Grange Leather Vertical Ladies' Briefcase. I get at least one or two enthusiastic compliments a day from both men and women (which, I admit, is a guilty pleasure). The bag is just the right width for pulling down narrow aisles on trains; no more entanglements with objects or people who sit close to the edge of aisles. The green is bold and appeals to the fashion forward (may shock others). There are plenty of pockets and places to stash your stuff, including an iPad, although I do have to edit what I carry. Probably a good idea anyway. Also, the "telescopic" handle is sleek and well-designed. The rain bag (which is stowed away in the back) does a nice job of protecting the bag. This bag, a Human Scale work chair, and bikram yoga have essentially cured my computer and posture-induced back woes without meds. Definitely worth the investment.
on April 23, 2013
I'm not understanding the complaints about this great bag. I replaced an older one on which one of the wheels had stopped turning so long ago that it was worn flat from being dragged on the pavement. Tired of dragging :), I liked the looks of this one. It's not intended as an overnight case, so don't get it if you're looking for that. It's a mobile office. And I also don't get the complaints about not enough room -- this morning I loaded it with the laptop, mouse and cord, four books, a dvd in a box, two file folders full of papers, a pad of paper -- and still had room to squeeze a can of diet coke in the space behind the bag itself. It looks well made, very attractive (I have the red) and yes, the leather is not soft, but this is not a $400 bag, people. It rolls great, hardly makes any noise -- what's not to like? If it sounds like your kind of bag . . . you'll love it.
on August 10, 2011
Unfortunately this kind of product (an elegant feminine laptop bag on wheels) is not available in shops in Belgium yet; so I had to choose one over the Internet. It took me weeks to find out what models there were, and finally choose one. Well, I'm quite disappointed as it is extremely heavy (ok, it has wheels, but sometimes I need to take a stair case or lift it from the street into a bus, etc. and for that it is already really annoyingly heavy). At the same time, the space available inside is tiny, at least for my use. I can just about fit my laptop, mouse, and cable; plus one or two books, and that's it. No space for a small lunch box, thin rain jacket; or even a book plus one large note book. A real pity, as it was quite expensive too ...
On the quality side however I must say that it is very well made and the material looks good.
The wheels are so tiny or so much inside, that sometimes the bag touches the floor when it is not 100% even; which again is a pity.
11 comment|91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 9, 2012
This delivered on everything it said it would! It was exactly what I needed. I've taken it on several business trips (planes, trains, autos) and it works well and still looks pretty good! The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is that the telescoping handle got wobbly after 2 trips. Otherwise I LOVE IT!
on April 25, 2012
I was hoping this bag would fit my large laptop, but it didn't. This is a really nice rolling laptop bag. I wish McKlein would make a bag big enough to fit 17" or slightly bigger laptops, that looked this good.
33 comments|16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 24, 2012
I love this bag. I travel for work and this has been a very good looking, durable bag for all of my laptop accessories.

Pros:
Looks
Durable
Easy to maneuver (fits down the plane isle)
Size - I carry: laptop, cords, mouse, notebooks, nook, wallet/small purse, 2 phones and other little junk. I can fit it in the overhead bin easily. I can also get it underseat with the handles under my feet, tight fit but still better than checking it.

Cons:
Weight, This is a very heavy bag w/ or without the rolling attachment. There is a reason it is on wheels. With being wheeled around great bag. If you plan on any other mode of carrying it I dont recommend it.
on May 27, 2011
I have purchased many briefcases in the past but this one is by far the best. It handles beautifully and holds quite a bit of material. This briefcase is excellent for individuals who have physically limitations and can not accommodate shoulder briefcases.
on July 1, 2013
I travel alot for work and need a solid laptop bag that can fit everything I need to carry around and still rolls well running through the airports from gate to gate. This bag definitely fits the bill and looks great too! Nice quality leather, sturdy handle, quality wheels and solid clasps & zipper pulls. I have been using it for travel almost weekly for several months now and it looks as good as the day I got it.

The leather is nice quality and the red color is really pretty - a nice rich, dark red not bright or gaudy. The bag can completely unzip from the wheel base and become a carry bag without the handle/wheels. I was worried that this feature would mean that it would work it's way loose all the time but absolutely not. It has stayed securely attached to the base and never even started to come lose unless I take it off. I had a backpack laptop bag from levenger once that had back straps that unzipped from the bag that would constantly come undone on their own - a disaster when your bag suddenly falls off your back from the top!

The inside is roomy - I fit my laptop, any paperwork, a few magazines, my travel mug, small makeup bag and even a light jacket all in there without problems - not to mention the little items I can put in the front pocket - company badge, lotion etc.

The only complaint would be the protective plastic coating they put on the buckle up front - I still have not gotten all of it off. Of course I have been lazy and just need to pull out the goo gone and get it off..maybe some day.

Another great feature I have found it that the handles on top are quite stiff and I am able to set my satchel purse in between the handles and it is secure there so I can roll around the airport with my hands totally free. It also fits easily under the airplane seats and of course in the overheads - although some smaller commuter type planes it won't fit above.

I have had many compliments on the bag - including a couple of people that jokingly sad they were going to run off with it at gate check while we were waiting for our bags.