5.0 out of 5 stars Big & Tall Briefcase!
Published on November 10, 2009 by Cate

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK! DO NOT BUY THIS BAG!!!
Short and Sweet:

Pros - Leather is supple, seems to be put together well enough to last a few years, handle and strap are well stitched and sturdy, shoulder gel pad is comfortable, interior is lined with a good-looking tan fabric and has a padded pocket for a laptop.

Published on January 5, 2011 by pablo picasso

5.0 out of 5 stars Big & Tall Briefcase!, November 10, 2009
Cate "Cate" (San Francisco, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McKleinUSA HALSTED Leather Black Double Compartment Laptop Case (Personal Computers)
This briefcase is a lot bigger than I expected. I'm sure it's my fault, as I have a hard time with interpreting measurements... At any rate, it is very nicely made. Plenty of room for a laptop and a lot more. This bag could hold legal papers, or business papers, or even college books and notebooks. There are also pockets to stash your miscellaneous items. Although, if you stuff it full with your laptop and papers, it is going to be heavy!

5.0 out of 5 stars looks professional, December 19, 2010
looks very professional. ive gotten alot of good comments.. however, the trim (edges) is not leather, it's just some brown plastic sewn into the edges., but the leather is really tight, and it does not fit more than a computer and a book..

1.0 out of 5 stars JUNK! DO NOT BUY THIS BAG!!!, January 5, 2011
Short and Sweet:

Cons - Leather is very thin - there is a thin layer of leather over some other material, for instance there seems to be a plastic or some other semi-stiff material board inside the flap between the leather and the interior material. This is not a full-leather bag like the upscale ones are. It's really not that roomy. After my laptop is inside, I had room for a small book or a few thin files. If you try to stuff more in, the pockets become effectively worthless as they are on the outside under the flap and stop the flap short of the clasps if too full. Also the clasps and leather straps are not adjustable without punching more holes in the straps - but if you do this the pockets may become exposed thus defeating one of the primary purposes of the flap to begin with.

All that said I plan on using this bag for a while until I decide to pony up the dough for a full-leather bag like the saddleback co. My colleague has one and I'm in complete briefcase envy. Even at about 4 times the price of this bag, that one is TOTALLY worth it if you're serious about your briefcase.

***UPDATE***
THIS BAG IS JUNK! After a couple weeks of use this bag went into my closet. The con I mentioned about the thin leather makes the bag NOT WORTH $50 let alone $100+! As it ages, quality leather gains character and subtle rugged handsomeness in the folds and creases. The leather is so thin on this bag that these little folds and wear creases look more like creases in a brown paper sack than a leather briefcase.

BOTTOM LINE: I AM EMBARRASSED TO CARRY THIS BAG AND SORELY WISH I HAD MY MONEY BACK TO PUT TOWARD A FULL-LEATHER BAG!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Sleek and Professional Briefcase, November 27, 2012
mattct3 (Albuquerque, NM) - See all my reviews
I love this briefcase. It has a really firm shell and tons of padding for my laptop. It's a little bigger than I expected for a satchel bag, but it creates a nice envelope for the computer. With the computer in there, additional file storage is minimal (maybe 2-3 inches or so) and it has some extra pockets for external hard drives, business cards, pens, etc. I think there are more pictures of the inside on the manufacture's website.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and Affordable Good Looks, December 18, 2012
This briefcase is rugged and affordable. No idea what other people are talking about regarding quality; I've had mine almost two years, and never had a problem. After all that time, and with heavy use, I still get compliments on it. Very pleased with this product!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy if you plan to keep for longer than 1 year., December 14, 2010
This briefcase wore a hole in a non-wear area and is a signal to poor craftsmanship or it is not all leather as claimed. The leather gave way and it ripped. This apparently is NOT covered in their 1 year warrantee and they declined to take it back I would never buy from them again. Poor service too.

4.0 out of 5 stars Form + Function, April 29, 2011
~rjm (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This is a beautiful briefcase, and I mean briefcase. It does have a nice padded section for my laptop and travel mouse, as well as another interior compartment for a notebook and a magazine or file. The front section has great pockets for my pens, passport/checkbook, business cards, etc.

Overall this is smaller (thinner) than most laptop bags I have used in the past. This is not the road warrior bag you want to haul files, laptop, chargers, headphones, etc. It is very elegant, with the exception of the provided shoulder strap. Hence - why I have chosen to use it as a traditional briefcase and why I gave only 4 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Double Laptop Case, August 8, 2012
The case is ok as long as you don't put the power chords in there with two laptops, as it will not snap close if you do.

The leather has more of a cheap plastic look and is very disappointing.

2.0 out of 5 stars Its Halsten not Halston, January 6, 2010
D. Masiello "drdom" (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I just received this laptop case. I thought it was going to be an upscale designer product (Halston). It is in fact, an okay, leather case, however, the way it is marketed (can't see the price until you place it in the cart) gives the impression that it is something very expensive that you are getting at a great price. It is a basic leather case nothing more and so far (I haven't used it yet) nothing less. I plan to keep it and see how good it really is!

Rate and Discover Movies