5.0 out of 5 stars Take it from a road warrior - GET THIS BAG!!!
Published on November 6, 2010 by Goldengate

3.0 out of 5 stars I Didn't Want Something So Big Without Wheels
It's a nice bag but after traveling with it I realized it is not my preferred bag. I mainly bought this to replace a smaller briefcase I was using as an alternative back pack or "man purse" to take my junk (phones, papers, etc) to work and back. It's too large for this use, but I thought it would come in handy to travel with until after packing it full I realized...
Published 14 months ago by Rude Boy 1979

5.0 out of 5 stars Take it from a road warrior - GET THIS BAG!!!, November 6, 2010
This review is from: McKleinUSA WALTON 83985 Black Expandable Double Compartment Laptop Case (Personal Computers)
I usually go through a carryon bag like this per year... I fly a LOT... 150,000 miles plus per year... and my bags get a LOT of abuse...I overstuff them...drop them...overstuff them.... take them everywhere, all over the world. I bought this bag in March 2010 from Amazon, and Nov 2010 this thing still looks NEW.... it is amazing. Not a single thing has broken or frayed... the edges are holding up well. I think this is one of the last bags I'll ever buy... and an incredible value on Amazon.

I cannot recommend this bag enough... only downside is it is a teeny bit larger than your average bag... but still within regulations as a "personal item" bag and it slips over my rollaboard handle great. Lots of good pockets and zippered compartments.

I don't hand out praise like this often, but THIS BAG IS PERFECT.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lawyer Approved, December 28, 2010
Jennifer (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this bag as a holiday gift for my husband. As an attorney with an extremely heavy caseload who travels frequently, I wanted to find him a professional-looking, durable, spacious briefcase.

What makes this bag great:

Excellent Storage Capacity
- plenty of room for motions and case files! The large center compartment with dividers has ample room for documents - Redwells and traditional file folders fit just as well as traditional 8.5x11" papers
- expandable center compartment easily has the capacity to carry work for multi-day trips, can also fit a folded/packaged dress shirt from the dry cleaner (handy for spill-replacement or impromptu overnight stays)
- a 17" laptop fits nicely in its padded compartment as advertised

Travel Friendly
- the rear exterior pocket converts to a suitcase-stacking panel - roller-bag handles slip right through (without stretching the bag) and the briefcase stays put
- fits below seats and in overhead compartments on airplanes
- potential to double as an overnight bag is convenient

Good Value Overall
- good construction, quality materials
- after several trips it looks brand new - expect the bag to hold up well
- professional look and function

What you should know:
- the bag is rather large (but that's a good thing if you need the storage)
- the bag is a bit heavy (in part from the size/leather, you can also fill it with a lot)
- watch the price for dips - I've seen it vary from just over 100 to 165 or so. . . a good value at any price, but get it cheaper if you can!

5.0 out of 5 stars At the RANGE of $125 - $150, a SERIOUS VALUE!, January 29, 2010
Okay folks, so you are looking for a LEATHER LAPTOP Case that will accomodate your 17" Laptop/Notebook ... look no further, this is the one ... (believe me I've research them all!) It is simply beautiful, smooth finish, deluxe in EVERY aspect! It even has it's own removable Laptop/Notebook sleeve that is very luxurious indeed; plus it matches all the beautiful interior of this case. Look, it you are looking for a case that will "Cushion" and protect your computer, is exceptionally "Stylish", has the "Leather" quality and "Finish" that you'd always wished for, has room for any items that today's modern executive would ever need to carry, then folks, BUY this CASE!

5.0 out of 5 stars Glad I purchased the bag., July 23, 2011
I'm always a little skeptical of purchasing items online, when I haven't been able to hold it in my hands before I bought it. I mostly bought this bag because of the excellent reviews that I found here. Most reviewers were honest and forthcoming with any and all information.

I really like this bag for a couple of reasons, 1) It's a well made bag. Full genuine leather throughout the whole bag. Inside the laptop compartment there is a holder for the laptop itself, which can be taken out quickly for getting through airport screening. Three large pockets are also in the laptop section and 1 pocket alone should fit any ac adapter (it does for my Asus). The middle section, is one big zipper which allows the bag to expand and probably adds another inch to the bag itself. The next section has three separated compartments for folders, notebook, Nook, and Cocoon. All 3 fit very inside this section. The next section, is a little smaller than the other two, but aren't made for anything very big. Pens, wallet, cellphone, small calender, and other various items can be put in here. The padding in all of the compartments is of good quality and soft material. There is another zippered compartment for other things, but I haven't placed anything in there, there just pockets and are probably made for general items.

Alot of people here said that the bag is heavy when loaded, which makes sense because this is a big bag, it's easy to put everything in here that you need. It's probably one of the biggest bags you can get, without putting wheels on it. I didn't want to have one with wheels, I don't travel through airports often and there's no need for me to wheel it around. There is a zippered part on the rear-side of the bag where you can attach it to the handle of a piece of luggage.

One of my favorite features of this bag, and it might be a dumb one, but it has to do with the shoulder strap. I've seen a lot of bags where clasps for the straps for the bag is on the same side of the bag, directly across from each other. Whenever I used those bags, the bag tended to fall to one side if one side was a little heavier. This was always awkward and annoying. The McKlein is just the opposite. The clasps are diagonal from each other allowing the bag to not droop and have better weight balance. In my mind, this was something that told me that the engineers knew what they were doing when they made this bag. The shoulder strap is comfortable to wear and has a gel handle where it makes carrying on the shoulder easier. The handle itself is sturdy and large enough for someone like me with my big hands to hold onto it.

I hope that if you purchase this, that you will be as happy with it as I am.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome bag, May 31, 2010
This bag is great. The zippers and handles are all nicely reinforced and it's nice and roomy without being a suitcase of a bag. Perfect - just what I needed. My 17" laptop fits perfectly in the padded compartment and lots of room for my client files too. When I get too much in there, the bag unzips and expands nicely, and still fits well under the seat on a plane.

4.0 out of 5 stars Versatile bag for your laptop and more, July 4, 2011
No question about it... this is an outstanding bag for hauling your laptop and (some) peripherals. Unless your laptop is from the 1980's, you will have no problem fitting it into this bag. There are numerous additional zipper compartments that can easily hold flat and relatively small items, including such things as pens, CDs, cables, thumb drives, calculators, and so on. Unlike some of the other reviewers, I did not find this bag to be too heavy. Sure, it is going to get heavier the more you load into it, but the handles as well as the included shoulder strap make carrying it a breeze. I have not hauled it all the way across an airport fully loaded, but my guess is that you will have to carry it a long way before you need to take a break. It has at least six separate compartments (I'm not sure of the total number, because I keep finding more). I'm guessing there are 10-12 separate compartments in this bag in all (depending on how you count).

On the plus side, this bag has plenty of room for your laptop and peripherals, several pads of paper, and plenty more. It seems to be very sturdy and I expect I will not have to replace it for a very long time. It is easy to carry, and is not so large that it can't fit under a normal-sized plane seat or easily in just about any overhead compartment.

On the negative side, large bulky items will not fit easily in this bag. The compartments are designed mainly for fairly flat objects. A brick PC power supply will fit (barely), but anything more than 2-3 inches thick is going to be a problem. Some reviewers have pointed out the price for this bag can vary widely. I probably paid toward the upper end of the range I am guessing, which no doubt has affected my perception of how good a "value" this bag is. I would not hesitate to snatch this bag up if you can find it on sale somewhere in the low $100s range.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bag, excellent value, June 8, 2010
In the three weeks I have been using the bag, it has performed as expected. It is sturdily constructed, easy to carry and well-organized. Papers and a laptop computer fit comfortably, and there are plenty of open pockets for mouse, business cards, glasses, etc. The bag would benefit from having a few zippered compartments for small, loose items such as change. Overall, I recommend the bag to the growing number of people who carry their office with them. Prices were fluctuating when I purchased my bag; I saved 15% by waiting a few days. Delivery was as promised.

5.0 out of 5 stars BEST 17" bag out there! OUTSTANDING Value. Don't think twice - JUST BUY IT!!!, November 10, 2010
HiDefGuy (Vermont, USA) - See all my reviews
I've had many laptop bags over the years - most of which were "good" bags for smaller than 17.3" wide-screen displays. The best at that time was a Swiss Army 15+ case - well made, padded and most of all provided excellent protection for my laptop, hard drives, etc.

I had just purchased a new 17.3" Dell laptop and was looking for a very good bag that would have plenty of room for my laptop, full-sized keyboard, a full-sized mouse, fan, an external Seagate 2TB master backup drive, 2 portable drives, CD-ROMs, file folders, an extrra laptop battery, and loads more.

Long story short and after purchasing another brand 17.3" bag that was cheap and could not provide the protection I wanted plus it didn't have a lot of room, I saw this bag here at Amazon.com. The price was a little more than I was hoping to spend but I read the reviews and did some research.

I purchased this bag based on the reviews. For the first time in a long time, this bag is so much BETTER from what the reviews said and even the description. The bag is extremely WELL MADE of high quality real LEATHER - all of it including the handles. Because it is an expandable bag it allows for more storage than other bags I've seen. It's one of the most handsome bags I've ever seen - a TRUE BEAUTY in every way.

I question the retail price of $200.00 because anything that comes close to the quality and features of this bag run over $400.00 elsewhere.

I'm not one who reviews many items on Amazon but in this case I just had to share my experience with it.

If you're looking for a high-quality bag for your 17.3" laptop/notebook with a lot of storage space that will last a very, very long time this is the one to buy. Don't think twice. YOU WILL NOT BE SORRY, I promise.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best shoulder bag for road warriors, August 14, 2012
I almost never write product reviews. Only when I am seriously disappointed or incredibly impressed do I jump online to tell people. With this product I am incredibly impressed as obviously a significant amount of thought was put into it's design relative to a business traveler that might fly fairly often. The cleverest addition was a rear pocket with a zipper at the bottom, which is actually designed to slide over the long handle of your wheeled luggage. The leather seam is doubled on it self and curved at the bottom to avoid stress points in the leather over time. Otherwise, it's incredibly roomy with a pocket for everything. A laptop pocket with 3 mini pockets for chargers, mice, and so on. A center pocket, with I find is the only drawback as I don't use it and it's meant for manila folders. And a front pocket with small sub pockets for pens, business cards, so on. Handle is sturdy built with two layers of folded leather, and the shoulder strap is thick with solid metal clips, but they are staggered for stability and ease of access instead of just centered. Meaning, one clip is attached to the right rear and one attached to the left front. Anyway, I'll stop rambling... suffice to say I'm thrilled with this bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent All Around Package, May 22, 2010
I have been using this bag for a few months now. It replaced a samsonite. The bag is well made with excellent fit and finish. There are a lot of compartments for all your needs. I have a laptop, the base, iPad and all the chargers in mine with room to spare. The shoulder strap is very comfortable. I highly recommend this bag.