5.0 out of 5 stars still the best TV !!!!!
Published on November 28, 2007 by Joseph Letizia

I have to say I was a bit dissapointed with season 4. This doesn't mean I didn't watch or enjoy it, but the show really is not the same without you know who.

Published on January 27, 2008 by Sofia White

3.0 out of 5 stars Dissapointing after 1-3 but I'm in it now and will keep watching....., January 27, 2008
Sofia White (Western Massachusetts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)

Like a good book you can hardly put down, I couldn't wait to find 39 minutes to fit in an episode of McLeod's Daughters from Seasons 1-3. (My mother loaned me all three seasons at once, talking about starting an addiction and feeding it at the same time!!!) Anyway, I got through the first three seasons at a ridiculous pace.

Then came season 4. It started off kind of wierd (after the ending of season 3, you know...). But...I did enjoy it. However, with season four I was not obsessing over when I'd be able to fit in the next episode in, or having an eight episode marathon Saturday. It just wasn't that captivating.

One thing that is odd, Drover's run just doesn't seem to be on the financial brink at all times in season 4. There used to be talk of bills, or payments, or sales, or contracts on practically every episode of seasons 1-3, all of a sudden in Season 4 financial problems are mentioned only once in a blue moon.

I have pre ordered season 5, and will probably order every season and watch till season 8. However, there was no way i could give this 5 stars, after giving seasons 1-3 5 stars. It is still a great show, and we've got nothing like it on American tv, but it's not as good as before.

5.0 out of 5 stars still the best TV !!!!!, November 28, 2007
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
After seeing the end of 3 seasons,and the actors that left the show,I did not think season 4 would measure-up to high standards of season 1-3. But after taking my British friend Diana's advice,I decided to try one more season.With "Claire"-played by very talented,and beloved fan favorite Ms.Lisa Chappell,and"Becky" gone it's not quite as good;but there is still much to love here!!!! The eposode "For Love Or Money" will I promise make you cry,and ponder the human condition of love!!! Also there are many other moments that will make you laugh,cry,and think how we are all very much alike!!! There is plenty to see here,but I must admit it is not quite as good as seasons 1-3; but I also must admit that I will purchase the next season !!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm Devastated!, August 10, 2013
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
HOW COULD THEY KILL OFF CLAIRE? As far as I'm concerned, SHE WAS THE SHOW! I bawled like a baby through the last 3 episodes of Season 3 - and I'm a guy, for goodness sakes! I had seen the pilot for the series sometime ago on tv, and since I like horses, I decided to try the series. And even though they used different actors in the series, I was hooked pretty quick. I just ordered season 4, so I really don't know if I'll continue after that - but from what I saw of the "new girl" Stevie, it may still be worth watching - BUT SHE'S NO CLAIRE!

2.0 out of 5 stars Show gutted without Claire and Becky, June 22, 2009
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
McCleod's daughters was unique for television; it had heart, spirit, and charm. The premise of a group of determined women with a common goal, the development of their characters, their personal growth through life's ups and downs, was fabulous. The first three seasons focused on connections, to family, friends, heritage and the land.

The 4th season on is just another tv drama, good at times, but without the same focus on family ties and station life that so engrossed me. I couldn't wait to see all of the Seasons 1 through 3. Although the end of Season 3 was extremely well done - (I cried, and I never cry!) it truly gutted the show. The storyline moved too far away from the initial relationships and rural life, and became too convoluted to be believable.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, January 10, 2008
Franzi "Franzi" (Santa Barbara, Ca United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
I loved season 1 to 3, and I gave season 4 a chance, even though I loved Claire. This season had some good moments, but for the most part it felt slow and too dramatic. I was and am very disappointed with season 4. Finally Nick and Tess marry and there is not a little while of happiness, the next big problem arrives. I am cured of McLeod's daughters. I have no urge to see season 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Complete Fourth Season (2004) ... McLeod's Daughters ... Koch Vision (2007)", November 5, 2007
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
Koch Vision presents "MCLEOD'S DAUGHTERS: THE COMPLETE FOURTH SEASON" (Released: 2004) (1260 mins/Color) (Dolby Digital) --- McLeod's Daughters is an Australian television drama set in the rural outback --- This release presents all 32 episodes from the fourth season of MCLEOD`S DAUGHTERS. Claire (Lisa Chappell) and Tess (Bridie Carter) are the two daughters of the title --- The McLeods have been brought together after a long period of separation, thanks to their joint inheritance of Drover`s Run, a cattle farm that has been in their family for many generations. Together, the two gather an all-female group of workers to keep the place going --- The show creates some admirably strong, inspirational female characters, and builds its original premise into well-crafted storylines --- In this the fourth season, Tess finds her relationship under threat as tensions slowly mount --- savor each episode as it comes up with an unforgettable finale --- originally aired in 2004 on the Australian TV network

FEATURES ALL FOURTH SEASON 32 EPISODES:
McLeod's Daughters: Widescreen Format)
1. Out of the Ashes
29.A McLeod Daughter
30.The Things We Do for Love
31.Love Interrupted
32.Twice Bitten

McLeod's Daughter's is an original Australian TV show, with high quality writing, acting and scenery --- completely character driven, exceptional stories about people --- script is very unique in content a big spread run by 5 women --- our series is about two half sisters, separated as children who reunite as adults to jointly work the family ranch after the parents have all died --- The country girl Claire who grew up on "Drovers Run" is trying to make a go of it --- the city girl Tess arrives on the scene expecting to collect her inheritance in cash --- Tess now learns the realities of cash strapped ranching, as she reconnects with both her sister and the land where she was a young child --- We are introduced to the other residents of Drovers Run, through Tess' eyes --- Witness her warm and outgoing personality wins over the viewer as easily as anyone on the show --- Thrown together after 20 years apart they pull together an all female workforce --- with an abundance of heart and humor, commit to an extraordinary life at Drovers Run,

Great job by Koch Vision --- looking forward to more high quality titles from the BBC Collection film market --- order your copy now from Amazon or Koch Vision where there are plenty of copies available on DVD, stay tuned once again for top notch releases --- where they are experts in releasing long forgotten films and treasures to the collector.

Total Time: 1260 mins on DVD ~ Koch Vision ~ (11/06/2007)

5.0 out of 5 stars McLeod's Daughters returns at last in the USA, January 27, 2008
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
Hurray, this fantastic Australian drama is finally available in USA-format DVD. The first three seasons were broadcast by just one American channel, which then dropped it. Then ensued a long drought. At last, the story continues thanks to Koch Vision, the Nine Network, and Millennium Television. As always, the writing, casting, and acting are engaging, intimate, and utterly real. The setting in South Australia is sublimely beautiful. This is a wonderful show that deserves much greater exposure outside Australia.

4.0 out of 5 stars Still great...., January 6, 2008
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
I wondered how Season 4 would be without Claire and Becky, but it's held up pretty well. This is the year Tess and Nick FINALLY get married, so it's worth the wait just for that. I'd like to see more Tess and Nick from here on out since Claire is gone. This is one of the best quality shows I have ever watched, and it's totally addicting...something about those characters just draws you in and keeps you there. Get this season, especially if you've been waiting for the big wedding. It's a real shame WE TV dropped this series from their schedule. I dropped them from my cable as a result. Why are good shows dropped in favor or reality shows--boggles the mind.....

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective DVD, December 9, 2011
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
One of the DVD's in Season 4 is defective - won't play due to a crack. I followed all your online instructions for a return including an appointment with UPS to pick up the package. They never showed up. I really wanted to exchange the defective package for another Season 4 but, apparently, that's not possible. In the meantime, I still have the defective pacage. At this point, I'm not a satisfied customer. I don't even have a return address for the package - that was supposed to be on the UPS label. Can you help?

I thoroughly enjoyed all the seasons that I have watched to date and am disappointed that i couldn't complete watching Season 4.

Thanks in advance for your asistance.

Pam Church

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, March 4, 2010
This review is from: McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 (DVD)
If you've seasons 1-3 of McLeod's Daughters, you probably don't know if you want to watch anymore. But, do. The entire eight seasons of McLeod's Daughters is fantastic and a wonderful show! It's incredibly addicting and hard to stop watching. If you aren't sure after season 3, give a try. You won't be disappointed.

McLeod's Daughters - Season 4
McLeod's Daughters - Season 4 by Richard Jasek (DVD - 2007)
Add to wishlist