Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 6, 2015
This tape saved my brand new Marmot jacket. Dont hesitate to purchase this product, I am a perfectionist, this tape is awesome. I slipped down the stairs in my brand new Marmot jacket a week after I purchased it. Somehow I manged to get two precision cuts on the elbow of the jacket. I had down feathers flying out of the hole every time i moved my arm. I was truly disappointed that I ruined my jacket after only a week of use, I swore to myself that I will never buy another jacket with such thin material. After doing research I purchased this product, the picture doesn't do it justice, the tape makes my jacket look and wear like it is brand new again. I am fully confident that it will stay on it for the life of my jacket. I purchased the clear, it is barely noticeable, easy to apply, and slightly stands out because of the glare. I will now use it on all my outdoor gear. I wish I knew about it sooner, I would have fixed my backpacking tent that has a small hole on the side from an amber landing on it. The best solution out there. Very happy!
review image
77 comments| 88 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2011
I bought the tape for repairing a tent, but have used it to repair an expensive Hawaiian shirt, a set of cushioned headphones, a bicycle seat pad, and a sleeve on a sweatshirt. Every repair has held and not having to replace the items repaired has saved me much more than the tape cost.
on March 26, 2013
Got some of this to throw into the stuff sack of my backpacking tent, and WOW, despite a goofy friend of mine tossing a massive log on the fire sending sparks flying in the sky only to have a couple land on my rain fly and burn through. Thanks to McNett repair tape, the trip wasn't ruined and I still own the tent and use it. This is the second McNett product that has saved some of my camping/backpacking gear.
on February 13, 2015
I used this to patch some holes in my down jacket. It was very easy to patch - just cut a piece, peal the back off, and apply over the hole. I have considered buying some seam glue to cover the edges with as I have heard the tape can start to peal, but so far it appears to be bound quite nicely so I think I will hold off on the seam glue.

So far it has held up well for several weeks of wear. I would definitely recommend this product to others who are looking to repair a jacket. Seems like it is tough enough for gear, such as backpacks and tents too.
on June 11, 2015
I purchased this tape to repair are a 3-4 foot rip on a nylon bounce house. It's been several months since I made the repair and the tape is holding up great. The edges are still adhered well, too...no curling. I've been very impressed with this product.
on August 18, 2014
For repairing all sorts of gear, seats, backpacks you name it, this tape is the real deal. The only downside is that it doesn't withstand the laundry. I tried to repair some cotton shorts -- which it did for a while -- but came right off in the wash. Still, highly useful to have on hand.

Update: I just put this on a ripped up motorcycle seat. I covered up the basically shredded leather and is holding up great. Love it.
on October 22, 2015
Great tape, perfect to reinforce seams of waterproof pants. I had a pair of 15-year old waterproof pants (shell) that I had used once or twice. I needed a pair of pants in Patagonia/Tierra del Fuego and, rather than buy new pants for just a couple of days, bought this tape to reinforce the old tape on the seams, which were peeling. The tape was easy to apply--didn't even use scissors, was able to tear it into large strips by hand (but they were jagged and larger than if I had used scissors)--and I waited until I was on the trip to apply it (ran out of time beforehand!). The tape sealed well and withstood slightly wet, windy and cold conditions. We didn't have any torrential downpours so I don't know how the tape would have held up in worse weather but my guess is that it would have worked fine given the great seal. Also, one pack wasn't enough to tape all of the seams (women's small). It probably would have taken a few packs to get complete coverage. In the photo, the old tape is opaque. This tape, which I applied over the old tape, is clear and you should be able to pick it out in the photos.
on May 28, 2012
good product, sticks well. Although does fray a bit at edges. Works well at covering cuts on vinyl and leather furniture.
My brand new tent sprung a hole in the roof. I was glad to have this McNett repair tape. It goes on clear and patched the area well. Just make sure to bring along some scissors. I haven't had problems with it but will update the review if I do.
on February 24, 2013
Ordered this because it was highly recommended by several people. Others have enjoyed using it on expensive shirts, headphones, furniture, etc. It was suggested to me as the best way to mend a tear in the nylon outer shell of a very expensive winter jacket. Although I was impressed to hear that someone used Tenacious Tape as a "30 year solution" on a tear, I have personally found this tape to be sadly and wholly ineffective. Appearance wise it looked ok and it was easy to use, but it didn't hold for more than 2 DAYS. I applied it according to a tailor's instructions (and as the manufacturer suggested), yet it just was not nearly as strong as others found it to be. It began peeling off, making the jacket look worse than it did with the tear alone. Eventually I pulled it off in disappointment.

If you plan to purchase this tape for mending tears in any type of clothing, I would not be confident in recommending it; another method would probably work better, based on my experience. An iron-on patch applied with your iron on a very low (silk) setting with a dish towel between the iron and patch may prove to be much more effective. Ultimately, this is what worked for me.

In the meantime, maybe I will find some other less critical situation where this tape would be useful. For now, the roll is collecting dust in my linen closet.