Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on March 15, 2012
Sizing:
Much like the elbow/knee pad combo offered by McDavid, this is sized somewhat small. I think the critical part is measurement (see below).

It is not actually the overall fit of the pad that is tight, but the thin band at the top and bottom of the pad sleeve. I made the mistake of measuring too low on my quad, and the result was a somewhat tight fit. The overall length of these pads sized large (sleeve included) is 16 inches. So make sure to measure 8 inches from the center of your knee to ensure you get the right size.

Product:
I am a huge fan of these compression sleve/hex pad combos. I can move around and sweat without the chaffing caused by traditional elastic or even neoprene pads. I feel the hex gives a greater range of motion as well. The padding is quite good, with a good bit of "squish" to it. The pad itself is quite large, and great for wraparound knee protection. I feel that there is plenty of padding top to bottom/left to right. I previously bought the Nike Combat Pro slider shorts (with integrated hex), but was disappointed with the thickness and coverage of the padding. These are a much better solution for impact protection.

I can move around quite a lot and these pads stay in place. The only movement comes from it being sized a bit small, and the top part of the sleeve has a tendency to slide down a bit on my quad. I think you can comfortably order a "size up" and not worry about it going anywhere - the compression sleeve has plenty of stretch to it when putting it on, so I think there is plenty of leeway.

Durability:
I am not sure what the durability of the pads would be if exposed to dirt or any abrasion. My pads are purely for impact, and are underneath a layer of clothing. They have survived me and the washing machine!
66 comments|122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 13, 2013
When you get these they come two in one box so don't over order. Other then that they are an excellent product!
11 comment|176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 7, 2012
I play several basketball games a week and have been using this for the last 3 weeks. I've landed on them many times while diving for the loose ball.

Although advertised as compression sleeves, they don't do that part very well. If you're looking for good compression leg sleeves check out Recofit or Zoot.

BUT.

They do a FANTASTIC job as protective gear. I wear these a little higher up than the picture on the box allowing protection for both my knees and the upper half of my shins and McDavid's Hexpad tech absorbs impact like nothing else. The only possible downside is its durability when sliding on them, my falls have been mostly straight down right into the padding and I barely feel a thing however if I slid on my knees rather than fall straight down the part of the fabric that makes contact with the floor looks like it will tear.

It's true to size so just follow the sizing chart (there is one on the McDavid website).
11 comment|62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 15, 2014
Yes, these come two in a package, if you order two, you get four.

These work very well for basketball. Both my grandson and granddaughter wear their hexpad leg sleeves while playing basketball in both practices and games.

They both take the game seriously and they won't hesitate to dive on the floor for a loose ball. Consequently, the knee pads protect from injury and the compression feature ensures that they stay up. That feature also wicks away sweat and keeps the leg muscles warmed to help prevent muscle injuries.
review image review image
on May 8, 2014
My son is 10 and loves this for basketball. He has much more confidence and is more aggressive on defense knowing he takes a fall, it won't hurt his knees
on April 20, 2015
I had purchased three sets of McDavid knee pads, white, black and orange. I only received one orange (from a different seller) and I have attached a photo of one of the black knee pads after my son wore them about 4 or 5 times playing basketball indoors, I would think they would have held up better. And he received a floor burn just above his knee.
review image
on October 2, 2015
I find these knee garments especially useful for grappling with my step son. A lot of times, when I toss a piece of meat into his cage, he will shoot me that look that says "I'll fight you for it". So I oblige him with several minutes of lively free style combat before supper. I best him most of the time but he does usually get some shots in on me. Sometimes I just give him the meat anyways, ha ha.
on January 27, 2014
My son has been wearing knee pads through out the past three years of both his high school and travel hoops seasons. He has tried a few other brands also...but said that these are the most comfortable yet! Snug fit and they stay in place!
on April 13, 2013
It's exactly what I thought it would be. I definitley would order it again. I highly recommend it. Bought it for my son.
on January 28, 2015