Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: USA, Gift Road Atlas, 2013 (Rand Mcnally Road Atlas United States/ Canada/Mexico (Vinyl Covered Edition)) (Rand McNally Road Atlas (Vinyl Covered))
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on September 21, 2012
Only the cover is vinyl covered, but it should help the book last. The maps are clear, with plenty of city detail maps. Even though we have a GPS in the car, I like to carry a map book so we can see "the big picture". This is a good one.
on September 1, 2012
For my money, this is the best atlas available. Invaluable planning and navigating tool on a ~5000 mile motorcycle journey through the backroads and parks in Utah, Wyoming, Montana and South Dakota. The vinyl cover dramatically increases durability.
on May 6, 2013
I never have been without a Road Atlas. This is my second-hand man during traveling. I just needed an updated one, since the one I had was from 2003.

This is VERY useful while determining travel, including routes, and sides trips. This Road Atlas has a protective plastic cover, which is wonderful not to ruin the front and back pages. Won't go anywhere without this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on June 5, 2013
I will be using the atlas for a road trip and have already marked and tabbed all of the routes we hope to cover. A GPS is great, but sometimes you just want to see ahead of time where you'll be going. I also think all children should have basic knowledge of map-reading and what better book than Rand McNally for that?
on May 14, 2013
My husband and I both have the summer off for the first time and we are planning a roadtrip across the country. Although GPS can get us anywhere, having the maps before you makes it easier to plot your route! For the price you can't beat the quality with the vinyl cover. Can't wait to hit the road!
on December 25, 2012
Gave one as a gift and kept one to replace an older atlas. This will be good on our road trips. It is fairly easy to read and does have some interesting additional information about various sites of interest. Would recommend this.
on June 1, 2013
Bought this for a gift and it brought a smile to the face of the recipient who has been having a great time going through the atlas. Maps and details are great, the binding does not get in the way. Loving it!
on October 16, 2012
This item is oriced fairly, ships quickly and retains its high quality. As the title says, it also has a cover which protects from the occasional spilled soda.
on February 3, 2013
Useful but not earthshaking update on North America. Greater coverage of cities in each region, still hard to locate some items such as parks.
on March 16, 2013
I watch programs on TV that mention specific towns in specific states. A number of times the cities have not been listed.