Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "MeFOTO A0350Q0K Aluminium Backpacker Travel Tripod..." and save 33% off the $149.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
MeFOTO A0350Q0K Aluminium Backpacker Travel Tripod Kit (Black)
|Price:||$143.96 & FREE Shipping. Details|
|You Save:||$5.04 (3%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Only products shipped from and sold by authorized resellers such as Amazon.com can ensure that you will be receiving product that has a valid 5 year US warranty upon registration.
- Features: 360-degree Panning: Accurate panoramas can be easily orchestrated using the graduated panning scale for accurate image alignment. Two Leg Angle Positions: For an extra measure of flexibility, tripod legs can be independently locked into place at two different angles to enable shooting in cramped quarters, on irregular surface areas, or at ground level.
- Recessed Center-Column Hook: A spring loaded recessed hook, located in the bottom of the center-column, allows you to hang additional weight from the tripod's center of gravity for increased stability. Separate Head and Pan Lock: Individual head tension and lock knob as well as pan lock help make the right adjustment.
- Precision Matched Q Series Ballhead: Dual action heavy duty ballhead with Arca-Swiss style compatible quick release plate. Integral Bubble: Level Allows adjustment to prevent uneven pans and head movements.
- Compact: The tripod legs can be inverted and folded back 180 degrees making it small enough to carry just about anywhere. Five Leg Sections: Get the height you need and ultimate versatility. Twist Lock Legs with Anti-Rotation System: MeFOTO's innovative rubberized locking grips combined with anti-rotation legs enable fast and fumble-free set up plus weather and dust-resistance.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
|Item Dimensions||3 x 3 x 12.6 inches|
|Item Weight||2.6 pounds|
|Shipping Weight||3.55 pounds|
From the Manufacturer
Great for point & shoot, mirrorless and micro 4/3 cameras. Only 12.6" when folded yet 51.2" extended, it weighs 2.6 lbs and can support up to 8.8 lbs.
|Choose from 8 colors: black, blue, gold, green, orange, purple, red or titanium.||The tripod legs can be inverted and folded back 180° giving it a compact size of 12.6".||Five extendable leg sections give you a height range of 16.5"-51.2".||The BackPacker only weighs 2.6 lbs but can support up to 8.8 lbs making it perfect for your point-and-shoot, mirrorless or smaller DSLR cameras.|
|Two leg angle positions provide flexibility and enable shooting in cramped quarters or on irregular surface areas.||Twist lock legs with anti-rotation system, paired with rubberized locking grips enable fast and fumble-free set-up plus weather and dust resistance.||Comes with a precision matched Q series ballhead, Arca-Swiss style compatibility quick release plate and integral bubble level to prevent uneven pans and head movements.||Separate head and pan lock secure your camera at any desired angle and obtain accurate panoramas with 360-degree panning.|
|Comes with a carry case for transport and protection.||Backed by MeFOTO's 5 year warranty: 2 years at purchase + 3 years after registration.|
|Maximum Load||8.8 lbs|
|Max Height (24° Leg Angle) w/ Column Extended||51.2 in (1310 mm)|
|Minimum Height||16.5" (420mm)|
|Folded Length||12.6 in (320 mm)|
|Number of Leg Sections||5|
|Leg Lock Type||Twist lock|
|Center Column||Fixed center column|
|Tilt Range||-45° / +90°|
|Separate Panning Lock||Yes|
|Quick Release (QR) Plate||Arca-Swiss Style (PU50)|
|Head Mount Thread Size||3/8”-16|
|Weight||2.6 lb (1.2 kg)|
|Housing||High impact plastic with captive battery door|
|Weight||3.9 ounces (110 grams) with batteries installed|
|Dimensions||Height: 4.2 inches (10.7 cm) |
Width: 2.1 inches (5.3 cm)
Depth: 1.2 inches (3.0 cm)
|Operating Temperature||Above 5° F (-15° C) and below 120° F (50° C)|
|Storage Temperature||Above -22° F (-30° C) and below 185° F (85° C) (without battery)|
|Input/Output||3.5mm (1/8”) stereo miniphone jack, hot shoe|
|Mounting||Hot shoe, lanyard/D-Ring loop, ¼-20 threaded insert|
|In the Box||Quick Guide |
Stereo 3.5mm (1/8”) miniphone to miniphone cable
Mono 3.5mm miniphone to locking PC cable
Stereo 3.5mm miniphone to 6.3mm (¼”) adapter
|Optional Accessories||Isolation bar, trigger buttons, camera motor drive cables, PC cables and adapters, flash sync cables and protective case|
Top Customer Reviews
When it arrived, I was very impressed with the construction, it's well-put together for such a little thing. It also comes with a nice carrying case which I don't use often. The folded length is indeed nice and short, and fits perfectly in the bottom of my Timbuk2 "Small" Messenger bag. The attached ball head is Arca Swiss compatible, and has a twist clamp, so I can use it with the QR plates that are already on my camera. Folding the legs down and extending them is pretty quick work, although being twist lock legs I always have to triple-check the locks, because I usually miss one.
Once the tripod is set up, attaching the camera and adjusting the view is a quick and easy process, in either landscape or portrait orientation. I was pleased to find that it can, indeed, hold my Canon 60D with a 24-105mm lens attached - this is a moderately heavy setup, but the tripod doesn't even rock (unless, as another reviewer mentioned, it's in a windy area.) Since my main reason for the tripod was use around the city, particularly at night, I packed it around and did some long exposures in a few places to try it out.Read more ›
Weight, size (it fits any carry on baggage for travel), easy setup and build quality. Really stable!
Head is not the best. The plate and screw used to attach the camera is poorly designed. Repeated use in vertical orientation (for portrait shots) the screw loosens under the weight of the camera (Nikon D7000 with Tamron 17-50mm) and this was after I tightened the screw using a coin.
- ingenious folding design takes up about 12" almost an inch shorter than the Dolica. It will fit in my backpack sideways, even within its own bag (I use a Lowepro 22L hatchback camera backpack). No worries getting this tripod thru TSA with your carry on bags!
- ball head has solid feel in hand, requiring minimal twisting effort to secure your rig
- has detaching baseplate for quick on/off setup, I am able to get everything out of my bag and start taking pictures in 60secs
- bubble level in landscape mode (none in portrait mode)
- telescoping legs with quick lock/unlock mechanism
- thumb screw attachable baseplate rather than flip level turn screw (dolica wins here)
- poor anti-drop lock device, (Dolica has a release button such that must be pressed to detach camera, which is much safer design)
- cost, a bit pricier but then again, you get what you pay for.
This weekend I hiked Yosemite's Half Dome (18 miles, 5000 foot climb) and brought this baby along with my Canon EOS Rebel t4i and 18-135mm walk-about lens. Here is the field report:
I must say the weight is impressive. I was able to ascend the cable portion of the peak without ever feeling that weight was holding me back. The tripod gripped the granite fairly well, but I do notice some jitter with strong wind.Read more ›
Well, I can say it is of very solid construction but the functionality leaves little to rave about. For myself, I do prefer clips to secure the telescoping legs as opposed to the screw tighteners on this. I'm a pretty coordinated person but I can not seem to extend or retract and tighten the legs smoothly to save my life. I look like a first-time user every time I bust it out. I've always preferred the click click click to loosen and extend the legs, then the click click click of the clips to tighten and secure them in place. I know that's just a matter of opinion but if you are a clips rather than a screw person, this tripod can be a source of much annoyance. Once it is set up it can be quite solid but with the legs extended completely, it shakes a bit with heavy gear on it. I have to use a cable release when the legs are fully extended or the gear will shake all the way thru an 8 second exposure. I think that is due to the fact that the center column can not be lowered to allow your gear sit almost directly atop the intersection of the 3 legs. It sits about 9 or 10 inches above the intersection. I use a Canon 60D with a battery grip and 70-200 f2.8 L series zoom. The whole set-up weighs about 8 pounds. While the ball-head is solid and secure and holds that weight effortlessly, the quick release shoe mount is laughably designed. The knob that secures the camera in the shoe mount is very similar in size and identical in feel to the adjustment knobs on the ball-head.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Fantastic travel tripod. very stable and light. I use this for most of my photo shoots I travel on bicycle to get to most of my locations and with all my gear in my bag weight is... Read morePublished 5 days ago by I. Fraser
I have a job that sends me all over the world and I like to spend my free time doing some street walking and hiking with my A6000. Read morePublished 22 days ago by Andrew T. Lien
Phenomenal tripod. Sturdy, rugged and all the knobs and fasteners have stayed strong. Wonderful purchase. I'd tried the target plastic ones and they failed within days. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Cyclonic
This is my second mefoto tripod. I own the big globetrotter but wanted something a little lighter and smaller to carry around. These things a built like tanks and are very stable. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
This is a fantastically light and portable tripod. Most importantly I was able to use it to save my daughter's umbrella from a lake. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Will B
works great. use this a travel tripod since it's so compact and backup if i ever need an extra tripod. always get the job done.Published 2 months ago by Mike
Nice, compact, lightweight tripod. If you are traveling or backpacking, this is a great option. It fit in my suitcase on a recent trip with no problem whatsoever. Read morePublished 2 months ago by Mynameispen
Impressive build quality and very sturdy. Despite being smaller then most of my other tripods, it is actually on par to being just as sturdy IMHO. Read morePublished 3 months ago by Joe W. Jackson