5.0 out of 5 stars Ditched Moleskine's for These
I don't go anywhere without a small notebook. That used to be the choice of hipsters everywhere: the Moleskine. However, the small Moleskine's were too small for me to write much more than a few words on each line and the larger ones were too big for me to be willing to drag around all day.

These 5x8 Mead notebooks have since become my notebook of choice. I go...
Published on January 14, 2009 by J. Wynia

3.0 out of 5 stars Nothing special, but expensive for what it is
This is just a standard 8" x 5" spiral notebook with a cardboard (not plastic) front and rear cover. The covers are not particularly thick and are not suitable for providing a firm writing surface. The writing paper itself is the standard writing tablet paper and is very white. The rule (lines) is 1/4 - 5/16" wide. I've had the tablet for only 2 days but already this...
Published on February 12, 2012 by E

5.0 out of 5 stars Ditched Moleskine's for These, January 14, 2009
J. Wynia "alpha geek" (St. Paul, MN United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mead Cambridge Limited Business Notebook Legal Ruled 1 subject (06074) (Office Product)

These 5x8 Mead notebooks have since become my notebook of choice. I go through about 2-3 a month using a variety of pens and they never disappoint. No bleeding problems (even with my fountain pens) and it also doesn't take minutes for the ink to dry. The heavy, smooth paper is a joy to write on.

Plus, they're cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, September 28, 2010
This notebook is priced higher than others, but the quality is there. The sheets are not too thin, and each one has a perforation to tear it out with a clean tear instead of the mess that usually comes from tearing a sheet of paper out of a wirebound notebook. There is a red, vertical line on the left side of each page to provide room for numbering or list making. The front and back covers are textured plastic instead of the usual cardboard. The wire binding was done with black wire and each loop has two wires. It's a tough notebook of higher quality. I would definitely recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a notebook, perfect for what I need., May 25, 2014
Right now, I am spending a lot of time taking notes but am moving around quite a bit while doing so. I wanted a small notebook of good quality that could endure being tossed around a bit, writing on my knees, that kind of thing. I opted for a couple of these notebooks as I didn't want a full size notebook that would be a hassle to carry around but I wanted something sturdy. It's been perfect. Clearly well made and it holds up to my less than gentle treatment. Once I need more, I'll be repurchasing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect size, August 23, 2013
Love these because they're just the right size to write. Small enough to maneuver around a table over a coffee but big enough so that there's enough paper to write on without constantly turning the page.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, they're expensive, but..., June 5, 2013
P. Berry (SF Bay Area, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
you certainly do get what you pay for in this case. These are the very best spiral notebooks in this perfect-for-almost-everything size. Can't live without them. Use them all the time. Will continue buying them and recommending them to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars just the right size for note-taking and to handle easily, June 14, 2014
Ben Davis (Irvine. KY 40336) - See all my reviews
This notebook seems to be the perfect size for me to take notes in and handle without a problem. I find it will last me for about two months, and it is small enough that it does not take up much space, and I can always find it

5.0 out of 5 stars High Quality Binder, February 9, 2014
Great little notebook to carry around. The spiral bindings are solid and do not deform and the pages are thick and durable. The cover protects the notebook well and prevents tearing or bending. I've had one for 6 years and I still use it. I'm rough on notebooks. These hold up well.

5.0 out of 5 stars solid construction and good quality paper, May 17, 2013
Jie Chen (Sunnyvale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I love the notebook! Paper are good quality and construction is solid. There are a guideline for lining up notes and pores for tearing off pages. Definitely re-ordering when the current one runs up.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, July 18, 2013
it's a great size and the exterior is plasticish. the pages are reasonably protected in the rain.
Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars good notebook, January 19, 2013
Amazon Customer (Nashville, NC, US) - See all my reviews
I bought these for use at work and to use as a food journal. The smaller size makes them very portable and easy to use.