5.0 out of 5 stars Price is right for great product
Good thick paper on these envelopes. Makes it so that my letters stay nice and snug inside, without others being able to see in. And the price is a fraction of what Staples or Office Max charges.
Published on November 17, 2010 by Dinakar Sarma

2.0 out of 5 stars Very thin, poor quality
Published on February 28, 2010 by B. C. Peterson

2.0 out of 5 stars Very thin, poor quality, February 28, 2010
This review is from: Mead #10 Envelopes, Press-It Seal-It, White, 50/Box (75024) (Office Product)
I had another (store) brand of self sealing envelopes before these and assumed these Mead envelopes would be the same. I was wrong. These are made of thiner paper making it feel cheaper and making me concerned whether the seams would hold when more than a couple pages were inserted. Also, many of the envelopes were crinkled up in the corners already. I don't know if this is a manufacturing defect or damage from shipping. But I was disappointed. Only reason they are getting 2 stars are the price (cheap, but you get what you pay for) and the self adhesive strips work well.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not security envelopes, January 1, 2010
These envelopes are fine as envelopes go, just be aware that if you are looking for actual security envelopes, as these are described, these are not your way to go. These are just plain white envelopes with no sort of security whatsoever.

3.0 out of 5 stars Too Thin..., April 1, 2010
These envelopes are alright for enveloping papers. However, they are very thin and you can see the text on papers through the envelope.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very flimsy and see -though, October 13, 2010
Kindra V Smith (Santa Clara, CA United States) - See all my reviews
These envelopes are made from very thin paper. You can easily read printed text through the paper. The envelopes are also folded differently than standard envelopes and the sides of the opening stick up when more than a couple sheets of paper are put inside, making it difficult to seal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Corners do not seal!, July 24, 2010
So it is obviously better then licking envelopes all day.

The problem with this one is that the "press-it seal-it" does not go all the way to corners, and tends to leave them sticking up.

I had to tape the corners down.

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap quality, August 5, 2010
I thought Mead meant quality. I dont feel confident sending 3 or more pages in these envelops.

1.0 out of 5 stars Do not buy - not safe, February 18, 2012
After the envelope is sealed, it can be opened with ease. Even if I ran the side of a pencil over the seal many times with pressure, I could still open the envelope (without tearing the envelope at all). And then I could re-seal it without evidence it was opened. I didn't steam it or anything spy-like, I just peeled it open.

I'm not complaining about the company or that I was mislead. I noticed the box doesn't make any claim about the envelopes being secure. The envelopes are exactly what they say they are - "Press-it and Seal-it". But it is just sealed until someone peels it open at the same place you sealed it.

I'm sure the envelope will remain sealed unless someone opens it. In other words, if you're not concerned about security, they are fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not printer friendly at all!, April 27, 2012
Not a bad envelope, but as has been mentioned previously, the paper is so thin you can read text thru it.

My biggest gripe is that I got these with the intention of using them with my HP J6480 AIO printer. Three paper jams and one driver reload later, I figured out that I had made a bad choice.

The paper of which these are made is very, very thin and light (not like bond) and the texture is a bit slick and plastic feeling. They do NOT feed well in to the printer. They are so slick and thin that the rollers can't grip it.

Lesson learned. For non-printer, low security every day use they would be OK.

Just don't let them near a printer. Get good heavy bond type paper envelopes.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, very thin & no privacy, December 9, 2011
Vivian (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
What you get is NOT what is pictured at all! First of all, you get a blue box, not the red one. Secondly, this is just a standard, thin envelope, without the printed lining for privacy you would normally see or like to have. I didn't realize until after I got it that there's another totally different kind of envelope out there. The adhesive is fine and good, I suggest not getting any envelopes without adhesives nowadays because they're just better & easier.

If you're looking for better quality and privacy, you need to get the Mead #10 Security Envelopes, 40 Count (75214). I don't know why it's only 40 count and not 50 for the same price, but this is the kind of envelope you would want to get.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not in Red box, November 17, 2011
Comes in Blue and White - the Red picture looked just like the last box I had which I liked and were thick. This is much thinner but not as thin as the cheap walmart brand I last had. And it does have the easy seal. I didn't need it for security, but am glad that it isn't too too flimsy either. OK brand.