Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on October 8, 2009
My daughter has low muscle tone, especially in her hands. Handwriting has always been a challenge for her, with large, unruly letters. This paper is by far better than the much more expensive "therapy" paper, because it mimics the usual tablets kids write on. It has helped my daughter tremendously to write more neatly and feel more confident and better about her writing.
on April 17, 2015
As a pediatric occupational therapist with extensive experience in the area of teaching handwriting, I was incredibly disappointed with this product. The lines are indeed embossed which you can feel when you rub your finger over the lines. However, the embossing is not sufficient to obtain any kinesthetic or tactile feedback when writing on the paper. I came to this conclusion after writing on the paper using a wide variety of writing tools and placing the paper on a variety of surfaces prior to writing. I surveyed children using the paper under the same circumstances. The result was the same: the embossed lines are not sufficient to provide any therapeutic benefit. Additionally, even though the cover is printed with the lines oriented as with a typical notebook, the lines are actually printed perpendicular to the cover. If your goal is to provide a student with paper that provides therapeutic benefit without drawing attention to "being different," then this paper achieves neither.
on June 3, 2013
The photo makes it look like portrait orientation, but it's not. So you have to turn in your homework on landscape orientation. The other downfall is the raised part of the page is slightly offset from the lines of the sheet, which seems to defeat the purpose.
on November 14, 2007
I purchased this product for my child and am not impressed.

The tablet cover has a window so that you can touch the paper before buying (nice). With a bare hand, you can indeed feel the raised lines. However, with a pen or pencil in hand...the raised lines cannot be felt.

I tried writing on the paper several times myself...I tried various writing pressures (light, moderate & firm)...I tried writing with my eyes open and then closed. In no instance could feel any of the raised lines.

The raised lines need to be much heavier for this to be a useful product. This is especially true if you intend to use the product with a child who has fine motor, sensory, or other developmental challenges. (The best solution we've found to date is using Wikki Sticks to create boundry lines or outline letter forms). Hope this helps!
on September 19, 2013
Maybe we just got a dud, but you can't feel the bumps while writing. I can barely feel them with my fingers, and several people in our family have tried writing on it, and all have said they can't feel any difference between this, and regular lined paper. I'm sorry to have purchased it.
on May 16, 2007
The raised lines do help my child with his penmanship. It would be nice if it was offered in a tint, instead of just bright white, for children with difficulties in perception. The item was fairly expensive, so don't buy unless there is a specific need.
on December 23, 2012
The idea is So good. I was excited because my 1st grader could use a tactile cue like this. I tried myself and I really cant feel the bumps... nor can he. So... I don't know that I would spend the extra for this again... It is great cause he can feel it wth his finger. He just can't feel it with the pencil.
on November 16, 2014
This is my favorite paper for early elementary children who struggle with handwriting. The lines are textured so it's easy to see and feel where letters should start and stop. Our son with dysgraphia is really improving thanks to this paper. The height of the lines is just right for grades 2-3.
on March 17, 2011
My son had developmental delays but is mostly caught up with his peers academically. Unfortunately his handwriting is behind his peers. He is now in second grade and has the handwriting of a kindergartener. We have, among other things, the use of three lined paper for his writing assignments in his IEP. His writing is still fairly unintelligible. I thought I would give this stuff a try. It was a successful trial. His writing has improved dramatically.

My only complaint is that the lines go up/down (think landscape setting on your printer) in the notebook. For example, in loose leaf paper, the lines go left to right. The lines in this book are perpendicular to the lines on a piece of loose-leaf paper. (zoom into the picture in the little box next to the weird hand-thing above the words "see and feel" to see the lines if you don't understand what I am saying) His teacher is often unable to hang up his work when he uses this paper since she has to hang the paper up sideways compared to other students' work for it to be readable. Mead needs to make this paper available with the lines going in the other direction.

Another reviewer complained that you cannot "feel" the lines when writing on this paper. I did not have a problem "feeling" the lines when I wrote on this paper. My son obviously does not have a problem with "feeling" the lines as is evidenced by the fact that it has improved his handwriting dramatically. Unfortunately, when we go back to "regular" three lined paper (that isn't raised) his handwriting goes downhill again.

I also wish this stuff wasn't ten cents a page.
on August 28, 2009
This paper is a good tool for both classroom and home use to help a child having difficulty keeping her writing on/between the lines, as all lines are raised.