4.0 out of 5 stars The Comments are Largely Offbase
Just a little research into how this works shows that this is a two-piece system. First, something to attach to your particular model of telescope and then something to attach that piece to your particular brand of camera. Such low ratings based upon not understanding this are unjustified.

Update: I've used this (along with the appropriate adapter) with my...
Published on August 1, 2007 by M. Taylor

3.0 out of 5 stars What you need to take pictures with your 35mm SLR camera...
Published on November 1, 2002 by Riika Magnus

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars The Comments are Largely Offbase, August 1, 2007
This review is from: Meade 07366 No.64ST 35-Millimeter SLR Camera T-Adapter for ETX-60, ETX-70 and ETX-80 Series Telescopes (Black) (Electronics)

Update: I've used this (along with the appropriate adapter) with my Canon 300D and a Meade ATX70 telescope. While it's difficult to focus (sensitive controls), it produced excellent pictures. For the amount of money the adapter costs, it opens up a lot of possibilities for photography.

3.0 out of 5 stars What you need to take pictures with your 35mm SLR camera..., November 1, 2002
Riika Magnus (Portland, Oregon USA) - See all my reviews
I know I was really confused on what I would need to do this. But I figured it out so I thought that I would let you all know! First of all you need to get the correct T-ADAPTER for your telescope (For the ETX-60AT & 70AT the #64ST, for the ETX-90 and higher you need the #64) That is part that actually atteches to the telescope. Then you need a T-RING that fits your specific 35mm SLR removeable-lens camera. You should be able to get a T-RING at any camera reseller store, for around [..].
The only other thing that Meade suggests is using a cable-operated shutter release cord. You should be able to get this on Amazon, through your camera manufacuar or an autorized camera reseller. I have not yet recieved my #64ST adapatr and T-Ring, I will write a review after i try them out!

4.0 out of 5 stars It works!, February 9, 2010
This adapter plus EOS T-ring and I'm shooting wildlife with my Canon 50d and Meade ETX90. Focus is touchy and rig demands a really good tripod head, but getting good shots! Use "Live View" for best results.

4.0 out of 5 stars An adapter that does the job, and does it well, September 3, 2009
There are enough reviews here to let people know you need this AND some sort of adapter for your camera to make this work.

The adapter itself is pretty well made. It is a simple metal ring. It has the correct threading on the inside of the ring and the outside. This is not some cheap plastic thing that will snap between your fingers. The price tag seems a bit high for a little metal ring. But it is a very specialized piece of equipment, your almost certainly not going to be using this for anything else.

Pros:
*Well constructed, not flimsy feeling
*Made out of metal, not cheap plastic
*Does what is made to do

Cons:
*Expensive for such a small item

5.0 out of 5 stars Meade 64ST T Adapter, May 2, 2008
The Meade 64ST Adapter must be accopanied with a T Mount for your brand of camera. This piece completed the set for my telescope-to-camera perfectly!

5.0 out of 5 stars As expected, July 30, 2013
Works as expected fast deiivery needs to work with the Opteka T mount. Be aware that if you have the electronic controller on your scope you will need an extension piece from the T mount to the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice adapter!, November 16, 2011
This little adapter really does the job. It turned my Mead ETX-60 into a spotter scope. Image is right side up as well. For so little money it makes my telescope usable during the day for looking at animals and landscapes. Easy to put on and seems durable. Definately a must have if you have a portable scope.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good item, May 8, 2014
Very useful for astronomy photography
Nice build quality.
Need T2 adapter to fit normal cameras.

I use it with my nex 5N

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what was expected to be, March 23, 2014
Perfect fit, good packaging, arrived on time Now I am taking pictures with my Meade 70 smoothly. Remember that It needs a T-Ring which depends on your camera brand.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally, I can snap a picture, September 8, 2013
I have had my telescope for several years and was never able to take a picture of what I was looking at. I finally am able to snap pictures.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›