Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro

on February 2, 2013
Someone gave the movie one star and suggested that it was "not a real movie because it was religious propaganda." EVERY movie has a message - this just happens to be a message THEY did not like. There are PLENTY of movies out there that propagate anti-Christian values. Are people not allowed to exercise their free speech and moral values if they believe strongly AGAINST abortion? I think this was a good balance of being pro-life AND being forgiving toward those who made the choice to abort and are now traveling a road much harder than most of us can fathom. They need our love and forgiveness. It was well written and fabulously acted. One thing I did NOT like was the overuse of background music but would still highly recommend this movie.
22 comments| 65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 27, 2013
Many people may have different opinions on this movie. Personally, I could identify with it to a T. Many can blow off that you have a choice. But when it comes down to it, you will live with the regret, heartbreak, guilt, and always wonder, what if?
I was surprized when I began to realize what the true meaning was behind the movie and it's characters. I had lived with the knowing God and my child forgave me, but found it much harder to forgive myself. Abortion is not something to take lightly. There is a heart beat & you make that decision to stop it from beating! Plain & simple! Maybe some people should consider the fact, "What if your mother aborted you"? You would have had no say in your own life. Thank you for this movie! I miss my daughter!
VINE VOICEon May 25, 2013
This is a touching but sad fantasy about a young man on a quest to find his birth mother. The story captures the imagination of the viewer and introduces occasional mysterious touches which are explained at the end of the film.

It has a powerful message which will likely polarize those who watch; some will heartily agree while others will strongly disagree on the validity of the message.

One might say the film is a celebration of life; all life, regardless of status has a value and a place and deserves an opportunity to express the potential contained in that life. While the film may leave some questions unanswered, it does address the major premise of the film with clarity; life deserves a chance.

The acting is generally effective and convincing and developed in me a concern for the characters; I felt involved in their hopes and fears and sympathetic to their situations.

This is not light entertainment but worthwhile viewing if one loves life.
on September 14, 2013
Without giving away too many details (as some reviewers unfortunately have) this is an excellent pro-life movie. It deals with a very difficult subject in a very tender manner. It is well written, and excellently produced, and the end is a total surprise - if you didn't read any of the "spoiler's" reviews. The message of this movie is touching and relevant, and addresses not only pro-life issues, but also what it really means to live out your faith. As one of the millions of women who spent more than 20 years regretting my decision to abort my child, I think this movie is a powerful message of hope, healing, and forgiveness. I would recommend it to anyone - especially to those who are struggling with regrettable choices they have made, or are about to make.
on July 24, 2013
This is a well written, well acted, moving story about abortion. It leads you on and keeps you wondering until you're near the end, the way a good movie ought to. The ending is strong, some tears may flow.
on January 25, 2013
Since somebody gave it a one star review without seeing it, I'm going to review the trailer, which was awesome. I can't wait to see the movie.
on March 18, 2013
This is a great pro-life movie with a twist I didn't see coming. I challenge anyone to watch it without crying and realizing how precious life truly is
on August 13, 2013
The movie Meant to Be was not on the Big screen, but this movie was very well done and well written. I know this because I was in it, the only thing that upset me was I didn't get a Credit but that has nothing to do with how good this movie is. Just remember, it's a little bit slow at 1st but then it kicks into gear.. Hope you enjoy the movie...

Robert T. Barrett
on December 28, 2014
I didn't expect the twist at the end; I was thinking something different was going to happen. I'll not spoil it for you, and instead generalize the review: safe for family, and a Christian movie. Not a "burn-down-the-clinic" movie either - instead this movie uses a gentler approach - and as I mentioned at the start - I was NOT expecting the ending. Wow. Hope this review tweaks your interest without giving up the plot. (I hate it when people do that)
I love a movie that entertains me by making me think, and cry out body poisons, or,
sitting on the edge of my chair, biting my fingernails---ONE was SO0o good, once, I
chewed my TOE-nails. Okay, THIS movie doesn't have the latter, but there's enough
of the former to make people THINK---for a change---about something more important
than Ninja Turtles and cars that turn into robots... or Rock Monsters in Biblical times.