4.0 out of 5 stars C'mon, live a little
I just recently got into watches when I received a watch box as a gift for the Kenneth Cole's that I own.

I bought a Seiko SNA411 flightmaster and of course went looking for more watches and came across this.

For $20 you really can't go wrong. Even if it broke after a week. In a day that's a different story.

Just opened the thing a couple...
Published 17 months ago by MangoMike

1.0 out of 5 stars Falsely Advertised, Poor Quality
The item is falsely advertised by the seller to include a "leather" band and in some cases is advertised at a discount. The watch is shoddy and manufactured in China, there is no way that it is being marked down from a higher price. Do not waste your money purchasing from this seller.
Published 11 months ago by Jordan

4.0 out of 5 stars C'mon, live a little, March 18, 2013
This review is from: Mens Mechanical Skeleton Watch Hand Wind Up Silver Dial Black Leather Strap MW-07 (Watch)

Just opened the thing a couple of minutes ago.

First impression is that it's pretty damn nice. I mean for a novelty watch. I could stare at this for a good while.

Watch band like everyone else says is junk and super stiff. To their benefit I do believe it is real leather...maybe turkey leather? Would rather see a cheap black nylon band because at least that would be harder to mess up. In fact if they totally ditched the leather band and just sold the watch to drop another 5 cents on steel I'd be happier.

Came without anything moving which it should be since no one's probably wound it. And since I'm a newbie to all of this I tried spinning the dial and nothing in both directions. Pulled out the dial and tried to set the time and the wheels started spinning but stopped after a couple of seconds. NO directions. So googled how to wind watch. so while the dial is pushed in you spin the dial clockwise or with the top of the dial going "into the ground". The pin will give you some tension and away it should go.

By the way the dial feels really cheap So take care.

Also found a small bit of what looks like a string of leather or thread inside the watch. I'd open the case up to take it out but don't want to risk it breaking. The case back is a screw type btw.

For me, if this thing can tell time for a straight month then I'll get my money's worth. If it dies before then well it's only $20. If you are looking for a good quality skeleton then look to a name brand (Sturhling looks to be a step up to this but I've never owned one and that brand comes with it's own bad reviews because it's a chinese maker with a fictional back story).

I've seen a Kenneth Cole Skeleton and that looked pretty good. I like my Kenneth Cole's a lot and they have lasted about 8 years with special occasion usage but those are quartz. But my reasoning is is that Kenneth Cole would prefer that you didn't have a bad experience....so yeah... But who knows. Moving parts are bound to break.

Bottomline: If you won't miss $20 go ahead and buy this just for kicks. If you will miss it then look elsewhere and don't take the gamble.

Update #1:
Have had this for a week and it's keeping time like a champ. Minute off from the atomic clock in colorado when I set it last night. It's been about 28 hours now. Since it is manual wind it will vary from person to person but to kind of keep track of how I wind it I've been resting the dial on top of the side of my pointer finger and then just pushing the dial forward with my thumb as far as my thumb can go. That way I can keep track of how many full thumb strokes I need to do. I did 15 last night. At around 15 it gets a little scary because of the tension feedback. But didn't break yet!

Also the band softened up quite a bit. Probably pretty stiff once I received it because it is winter weather right now and was cold. But that doesn't mean the leather is a nice quality. It's just more liveable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good watch!, November 4, 2012
I've had this watch for about 5 months now. If you know how to wind/care for mechanical watches you should be fine.
The only down-side are the straps. They are somewhat cheaply made, but nonetheless the watch looks awesome.
Overall its a good watch specially for the price given.

1.0 out of 5 stars Falsely Advertised, Poor Quality, September 20, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Good mechanical watch ( cheap band), April 21, 2013
I have this watch for 4 months now, keeps good time. Have been complimented on many occasions on its looks.
Changed the band after a while, as the original band was crap. Would recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decorative. Not functional but decorative., July 9, 2012
This is the first skeleton watch I've owned and I was eager to get it. However, for various reasons, I've been disappointed with the watch's performance. I am aware the watch is not quartz and, as such, it's necessary to wind it. However, even when it's wound, it frequently stops and I have to tap on the dial to get it working again. Even when it's wound and is running, it often loses time. The instructions suggest winding it once a day, but I find myself having to wind it more often most days. It is reasonably priced for a skeleton watch, it's decorative and I enjoy watching the gears turn. However, as a timepiece, I find it lacking.

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken after one day, September 1, 2013
Made sure to wind it properly and worked well the first day, but the next day it would not tick anymore.

1.0 out of 5 stars bad, January 22, 2013
This article is of very poor quality, to put it immediately stops working, it is not very expensive but if used should not put on sale

1.0 out of 5 stars pretty bad, suck quality, February 23, 2013
I cannot use anymore, when I used first time I cannot image how bad it is

while I shake it for a while, then it stop

after when seller sent the email to me than send a new one for me, than I never get it

bad seller

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, June 27, 2013
Broke within the first 7 days of having the watch, would not stay wound - winding knob "unwound" itself as soon as you let go of the knob. Still trying to get ESS to issue a refund - just had to send them a video(!) of the problem before they would approve the return.

5.0 out of 5 stars good buy and recommend this watch, March 20, 2014
I have now had this for 2 days and it works great. I have needed to wind it each day in the morning to get a full days worth of the watch working. I was worried at first due to the reviews of the watch, but I believe that the main problem that people have with this watch is that they may over wind it which will break the screw and the watch will work for the day and it will not be able to be wound again.

With the looks of the watch i love it you have a clear view of all the mechanism and watching the wheel move is like watching a heart beat.

I recommend this watch to anyone. Make sure that when winding it only wind it till you fill tension and do not go beyond or you will break the screw.

Rate and Discover Movies