Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ShoppeWatch Mens Mechanical Skeleton Watch Hand Wind Up Silver Dial Black Leather Strap MW-07
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on March 18, 2013
I just recently got into watches when I received a watch box as a gift for the Kenneth Cole's that I own.

I bought a Seiko SNA411 flightmaster and of course went looking for more watches and came across this.

For $20 you really can't go wrong. Even if it broke after a week. In a day that's a different story.

Just opened the thing a couple of minutes ago.

First impression is that it's pretty damn nice. I mean for a novelty watch. I could stare at this for a good while.

Watch band like everyone else says is junk and super stiff. To their benefit I do believe it is real leather...maybe turkey leather? Would rather see a cheap black nylon band because at least that would be harder to mess up. In fact if they totally ditched the leather band and just sold the watch to drop another 5 cents on steel I'd be happier.

Came without anything moving which it should be since no one's probably wound it. And since I'm a newbie to all of this I tried spinning the dial and nothing in both directions. Pulled out the dial and tried to set the time and the wheels started spinning but stopped after a couple of seconds. NO directions. So googled how to wind watch. so while the dial is pushed in you spin the dial clockwise or with the top of the dial going "into the ground". The pin will give you some tension and away it should go.

By the way the dial feels really cheap So take care.

Also found a small bit of what looks like a string of leather or thread inside the watch. I'd open the case up to take it out but don't want to risk it breaking. The case back is a screw type btw.

For me, if this thing can tell time for a straight month then I'll get my money's worth. If it dies before then well it's only $20. If you are looking for a good quality skeleton then look to a name brand (Sturhling looks to be a step up to this but I've never owned one and that brand comes with it's own bad reviews because it's a chinese maker with a fictional back story).

I've seen a Kenneth Cole Skeleton and that looked pretty good. I like my Kenneth Cole's a lot and they have lasted about 8 years with special occasion usage but those are quartz. But my reasoning is is that Kenneth Cole would prefer that you didn't have a bad experience....so yeah... But who knows. Moving parts are bound to break.

Bottomline: If you won't miss $20 go ahead and buy this just for kicks. If you will miss it then look elsewhere and don't take the gamble.

Update #1:
Have had this for a week and it's keeping time like a champ. Minute off from the atomic clock in colorado when I set it last night. It's been about 28 hours now. Since it is manual wind it will vary from person to person but to kind of keep track of how I wind it I've been resting the dial on top of the side of my pointer finger and then just pushing the dial forward with my thumb as far as my thumb can go. That way I can keep track of how many full thumb strokes I need to do. I did 15 last night. At around 15 it gets a little scary because of the tension feedback. But didn't break yet!

Also the band softened up quite a bit. Probably pretty stiff once I received it because it is winter weather right now and was cold. But that doesn't mean the leather is a nice quality. It's just more liveable.
22 comments| 50 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 4, 2012
I've had this watch for about 5 months now. If you know how to wind/care for mechanical watches you should be fine.
The only down-side are the straps. They are somewhat cheaply made, but nonetheless the watch looks awesome.
Overall its a good watch specially for the price given.
on September 1, 2013
Made sure to wind it properly and worked well the first day, but the next day it would not tick anymore.
on September 20, 2013
The item is falsely advertised by the seller to include a "leather" band and in some cases is advertised at a discount. The watch is shoddy and manufactured in China, there is no way that it is being marked down from a higher price. Do not waste your money purchasing from this seller.
on May 30, 2015
Yo can see all the mechanisms, check how much wind does it has left and everybody will compliment you for it.

The only downside it the strap, it's an imitation of an imitation another cheap imitation of what I believe was chicken leather, not of a big deal because you can go to anywhere they repair watches and but a new strap made of genuine leather. I've used the original strap everyday for two weeks and I haven't seen any signs of wear nor that it's about to snap.

Totally recommended, it's a very cool watch and it's something to brag about, specially the price
review image review image review image
on April 21, 2013
I have this watch for 4 months now, keeps good time. Have been complimented on many occasions on its looks.
Changed the band after a while, as the original band was crap. Would recommend it.
on June 27, 2013
Broke within the first 7 days of having the watch, would not stay wound - winding knob "unwound" itself as soon as you let go of the knob. Still trying to get ESS to issue a refund - just had to send them a video(!) of the problem before they would approve the return.
VINE VOICEon June 4, 2015
This has got to be the most cheaply-made watch I ever bought. I purchased it for my husband. After a week it stopped keeping time. After a month the band broke. It is just utterly worthless. He had been wanting a skeleton watch forever and I thought the price was so good that I would just surprise him with one. Well you get what you pay for. I ended up buying him a Fossil skeleton watch to replace it. This one was just worthless. It sits in the junk drawer now and has been for a while. And listing it as a list price of $70 is a joke. There is no way under any circumstances this watch would sell for $70. What I paid was too much. Maybe $10 at Wal-Mart is more realistic.
on December 26, 2014
Great watch! remember that you have to wind it every 24 hours. Its nice though it makes you really appreciate it! Plus it looks amazing:D
review image review image
on October 7, 2013
Pros:
looks cool
keeps time

Cons:
its a 20 dollar watch, with the low price you can expect an inferior product. Mine for example has a bubble in the inward side of the acrylic dial window. Also if you look hard enough you can see what looks like a fingerprint on several if the innards. The strap as others have said is complete garbage, mine came with loose ends on the stitching. Also misaligned numbers on the dial (not really that big of a deal as it still keeps time accurately so far.)

Overall: it is not the worst watch, would I pay for this one again, absolutely not. If you are looking for something that will keep time and look cool and not be really expensive that this might be up your alley. This for me was an impulse buy that will be replaced when I can find a higher quality watch of this style.

See 1 answered question