5.0 out of 5 stars Best "Electric" Grill
We live in a condo complex on a second floor with a large balcony. We are only allowed to have an Electric Grill. After reading many of the other reviews for the other Electric Grills, I choose Meco because I did consumer research.

Published on October 4, 2005 by M. Navarrete

3.0 out of 5 stars It cooks okay, BUT
The design of this grill leaves something to be desired. It is difficult to clean and the drip tray is a little aluminum loaf pan that is hard to insert into the holder without mangling it.

The electric burner has an aluminum pan under it which catches all the juices, grease, etc., which causes it to smoke heavily.

The rotissery works pretty good. My...
Published on February 18, 2006 by Dee W

5.0 out of 5 stars Best "Electric" Grill, October 4, 2005
This review is from: Meco 9325 Deluxe Electric Cart Grill, Satin Black with Garnet Accent Band (Lawn & Patio)

Having the Grill this summer was a great gift. Food tastes wonderful, doesn't take up too much space, has 2 fold out flaps to store food and such. Heats up quickly, easy temperatures gauge.

As for cleaning, take the metal rack and rinse with ease. If cleaned quickly after use, like any pot or pan with hot water, stays completely perfect. If not grill residue does build up in the electric area that gives you the heat to grill, and if you wait to long to clean you will smell the burning of the old excess drippings. (I clean immediate without any issue - the fiance although did not...)

4.0 out of 5 stars A good electric grill., March 17, 2010
We've enjoyed this grill for over a year and it works very well. We don't have a gas hookup on our balconey since we live in an older high-rise condo building, so we are forced to have electric. This grill is the best of all of them. We've had two Char-Broil grills and both pathetically died after a year. We also tried an electric grill from Home Depot that annoyingly never held a constant temperature. This grill is still going strong and we expect it to for years to come. The hinged door is a must as well as the wooden racks which are not offered with any of the other electric grills. This is our forth electric grill and by far the best.

After having this grill a couple of years, I'm downgrading the stars. It still works, but it isn't 5 star quality. Yet, there is not much to chose from in terms of electric grills and it does work well enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars VERY STURDY, HIGH QUALITY, PRODUCES A LOT OF HEAT, November 30, 2010
This is my second Meco Grill. I use the grill 2 or 3 times a week, year round. It is very sturdy and a high quality product. Most importantly this electric grill generates more heat than any electrick grill I have used before buying a Meco. The amount of heat generated is important for grilling delicious steaks, chops and chicken, that taste as good as if they were grilled over wood or charcoal It was not too dificult to assemble. Since it generates so much heat I found to extend it's life it was a good idea to line the interrior with heavv duty aluminum foil, to keep the grill clean. My previous Mecco grill lasted 6 years and was still useable. Another plus for this grill is the fact the heating element and control mechanism are easily replaceable and costs a mere $40. This is the only part that might wear out after a few years of heavy use. It was a steal at Amazon for $129 with free shipping. It is worth a lot more. Don't buy the model with a glass window, because it will turn black with soot from cooking and be useless.

5.0 out of 5 stars Second time around, July 6, 2010
My former grill was this same one. I used it for ten years and loved every minute. I recommend it without reservation.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product!, June 6, 2007
received yesterday about 4pm--aprox 1 hour to assemble--cooked steaks at 6pm--outstanding results--recommend to pre- heat15 minutes and cook with lid closed--condo-perfect !!!

3.0 out of 5 stars It cooks okay, BUT, February 18, 2006
Dee W (Ocala, Florida United States) - See all my reviews

The rotissery works pretty good. My last one was a CharBroil and it was far superior to this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous grill!! It cooks everything perfectly!, October 29, 2010
janet been wehby (Christiansburg, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This is a great product. It does a great job with any type of meat I've ever cooked on it. It's a pain to clean though, and unfortunately i had the bright idea to also pressure wash it when I was cleaning the patio this summer. This method created a short in the wiring and now it doesn't work! It had operated perfectly for four years until I damaged it. We are really missing it because I used it at least 3 times a week minimum. I hope to replace it soon. It sure beats the danger of charcoal grilling, the annoyance of gas, and does a much much better job!!

4.0 out of 5 stars MECO ELECTRIC GRILL, June 25, 2008
We are so happy with this grill! Living in a condo and having it on our deck is the ultimate convenience in grilling. It was easier to assemble than anticipated and the quality of the grill is excellent. Of course the food doesn't have that "grilled" flavor we were used to, but it's very good and we're going to try purchasing "smoked" chips for a different taste. I was a little hesitant ordering a grill on-line, but it was a very good choice and I would highly recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Meco electric grill, March 23, 2008
I moved into a condo last year on the second floor and had to give up my gas grill (boo hoo) since the rules were that I could have an electric grill only. Found the Meco sight, purchased the grill with the rotisserie although have never attached it, it IS a pain in the neck to clean, the inside (aluminum?) piece right underneath the coils has warped from the heat to the point where I need a new one, and if I don't wash it regularly (difficult to get in and out and you get very greasy) it catches on fire since the coils are so close. Ah well, that's the downfall of an electric grill I guess.... Also, where the heck do I find those little drip pans that hang right underneath??? I put a wide dish underneath since I can't find any and refuse to create my own and the splatters have just about ruined my deck. I guess I could find maybe a tupperware or something that has high sides that can catch those splatters... All in all, food doesn't taste any different than a gas grill - charcoal I'm not sure - it does do a good job except for the messiness of cleaning it. I'm satisfied.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, August 17, 2010
We purchased this so we could grill outside and not stink up the house.

It works really well. Cleanup is easy. I wipe down the grid with a wet dishwashing sponge (with handle so I don't get burned) while it is still hot.

Another reviewer said that the parts are dishwasher safe but the manual did not say so. I asked customer support and received this response (after several weeks though):

"The grid is dishwasher safe, however the problem is if anything should hit it while it is in the washer, it could chip the porcelain. The pan is also dishwasher save, but washing could cause some rusting, and the pan is not easily removed from the grill. We do have suggestions for cleaning the pan in your owners manual."

I tried washing the reflector pan in the dish washer but ended up with a dirty dishwasher and dishes. I think I'll stick to washing the grid and pan in the sink. I don't need to do this after each time I use the grill as wiping down the grid with a wet sponge helps keep it clean.

ARRAY(0xa55d3c48)