Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Meco Electric Cart Grill with two folding, composite-wood side tables and wire shelf
Safety Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 200 sq. in.|Color: Satin Black|Change

on October 4, 2005
We live in a condo complex on a second floor with a large balcony. We are only allowed to have an Electric Grill. After reading many of the other reviews for the other Electric Grills, I choose Meco because I did consumer research.

Having the Grill this summer was a great gift. Food tastes wonderful, doesn't take up too much space, has 2 fold out flaps to store food and such. Heats up quickly, easy temperatures gauge.

As for cleaning, take the metal rack and rinse with ease. If cleaned quickly after use, like any pot or pan with hot water, stays completely perfect. If not grill residue does build up in the electric area that gives you the heat to grill, and if you wait to long to clean you will smell the burning of the old excess drippings. (I clean immediate without any issue - the fiance although did not...)
44 comments|102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 17, 2010
We've enjoyed this grill for over a year and it works very well. We don't have a gas hookup on our balconey since we live in an older high-rise condo building, so we are forced to have electric. This grill is the best of all of them. We've had two Char-Broil grills and both pathetically died after a year. We also tried an electric grill from Home Depot that annoyingly never held a constant temperature. This grill is still going strong and we expect it to for years to come. The hinged door is a must as well as the wooden racks which are not offered with any of the other electric grills. This is our forth electric grill and by far the best.

After having this grill a couple of years, I'm downgrading the stars. It still works, but it isn't 5 star quality. Yet, there is not much to chose from in terms of electric grills and it does work well enough.
on November 30, 2010
This is my second Meco Grill. I use the grill 2 or 3 times a week, year round. It is very sturdy and a high quality product. Most importantly this electric grill generates more heat than any electrick grill I have used before buying a Meco. The amount of heat generated is important for grilling delicious steaks, chops and chicken, that taste as good as if they were grilled over wood or charcoal It was not too dificult to assemble. Since it generates so much heat I found to extend it's life it was a good idea to line the interrior with heavv duty aluminum foil, to keep the grill clean. My previous Mecco grill lasted 6 years and was still useable. Another plus for this grill is the fact the heating element and control mechanism are easily replaceable and costs a mere $40. This is the only part that might wear out after a few years of heavy use. It was a steal at Amazon for $129 with free shipping. It is worth a lot more. Don't buy the model with a glass window, because it will turn black with soot from cooking and be useless.
22 comments|45 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 6, 2010
My former grill was this same one. I used it for ten years and loved every minute. I recommend it without reservation.
on April 25, 2012
I purchased this on Amazon to use outside on my deck inside of a screened-in gazebo. I had read all the reviews and looked at all the other electric grills for sale. I had a nice Amazon gift certificate so I figured I didn't have too much too lose. I am so happy I bought this grill! The assembly was pretty easy, although putting the wheels on was a little tricky. I found it best to hold the wheel nut with a pair of needle nosed pliers and then hammer the nut on the axle pin. It took a few tries but I finally got them on. I let it heat up for about 10-15 minutes then I put on some salmon steaks that I had marinated in soy sauce and maple syrup. I cooked them for about 7-9 minutes with the lid down and then flipped them and cooked them another 7-9 minutes. Let me tell you, this was the best tasting salmon I have ever had! There were nice grill marks and the salmon was char-grilled to perfection (I like mine well-done). I was so excited with how the salmon cooked, after dinner I cooked some chicken breasts I had marinated in barbecue sauce. Again, great char-grilled chicken! I am sold on this electric grill after using it for only one day. Hopefully it will hold-up and continue to perform well. I recommend this grill without reservation.

UPDATE: I have now had this grill for over 2 months and have used it over 20 times. I still absolutely love the way it cooks the food, but I have found a couple of issues that might bump my original review from 5 stars to 4. First, the reflector pan tends to collect some char and other "debris" from cooking that will flame-up. It's important to try to clean this periodically, which is not as easy as I would like. I have actually had to put out the flames with water on occasion. Also, the aluminum foil pan that sits under the grill to catch drippings developed a small hole which was easily fixed by lining it with some new foil - not a big deal at all. I still recommend this grill and will continue to use it 3-4 times a week!

UPDATE #2: After about 3 months of very heavy use the heating element burned-out. I emailed the company and they immediately sent me a replacement heating element at no charge (thanks to the 1 year warranty). It looks like they changed the design slightly to avoid future problems. As long as I had the thing torn apart I figured it was time to do a thorough cleaning of the aluminum reflector which had gobs of baked on char build-up. I soaked it in the sink and then used a wide blade screwdriver to scrape off all the gunk. It took a little bit of effort but was well worth it to keep this grill working its best. I still think this is a great grill from a great company that stands behind its product!
on February 18, 2006
The design of this grill leaves something to be desired. It is difficult to clean and the drip tray is a little aluminum loaf pan that is hard to insert into the holder without mangling it.

The electric burner has an aluminum pan under it which catches all the juices, grease, etc., which causes it to smoke heavily.

The rotissery works pretty good. My last one was a CharBroil and it was far superior to this one.
on June 6, 2007
received yesterday about 4pm--aprox 1 hour to assemble--cooked steaks at 6pm--outstanding results--recommend to pre- heat15 minutes and cook with lid closed--condo-perfect !!!
on July 15, 2009
This definitely does not char food as well as a gas or charcoal grill, but with experience and trial-and-error, you can get decent results. It's easy to clean and maintain. Also works pretty well as a smoker if you get some wood chips. Be warned: it's a bear to assemble. If you can buy it pre-assembled, do it. I'm into my 3rd year with this, and it's still going strong.
on October 29, 2010
This is a great product. It does a great job with any type of meat I've ever cooked on it. It's a pain to clean though, and unfortunately i had the bright idea to also pressure wash it when I was cleaning the patio this summer. This method created a short in the wiring and now it doesn't work! It had operated perfectly for four years until I damaged it. We are really missing it because I used it at least 3 times a week minimum. I hope to replace it soon. It sure beats the danger of charcoal grilling, the annoyance of gas, and does a much much better job!!
on June 25, 2008
We are so happy with this grill! Living in a condo and having it on our deck is the ultimate convenience in grilling. It was easier to assemble than anticipated and the quality of the grill is excellent. Of course the food doesn't have that "grilled" flavor we were used to, but it's very good and we're going to try purchasing "smoked" chips for a different taste. I was a little hesitant ordering a grill on-line, but it was a very good choice and I would highly recommend it.