5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!
Published on April 5, 2008 by Sandy

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea But Cheaply Made
#UPDATE PENDING# The manufacturer is working with me to fix these issues. I will update the review when that is complete. Customer service through email has been excellent so far. ####

Published on November 9, 2011 by Chris Innanen

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great!, April 5, 2008
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
I bought this for my father-in-law who is on many prescription drugs. He is 82 and his wife 80, they were having trouble keeping up with all his prescriptions and times they were to be taken. I set it up for them once a month and they are comfortable that he is taking what he is suppose to when he is suppose to. I would recommend this to any one taking several prescriptions, you can also order the reminder clock that will tell you when it's time to take your pills. Great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Caregivers delight, March 28, 2009
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
I live in an assisted living home. I receive a lot of pills over a month's time and the various caregivers have to give them to me 3 times a day as I suffer from RA and chronic asthma. But my daughters are responsible for getting the medication. The caregivers love this box as well as my daughters. My daughters only need to fill the box once a month and the caregivers need only know the month and day. This relieves me of the worry of over or under medication. Worth every penny of the cost. A big Thank you to whoever thought of it and to whoever markets it. In my case, to Amazon. I haven't seen it in any other place.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Idea But Cheaply Made, November 9, 2011
Chris Innanen (Columbia, MD United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)

In the unit I received (which didn't look particularly clean), the top row of the caddy is warped such that every other pillbox in that row sticks up. Two of the pillboxes have a compartment that doesn't snap shut, resulting in spilled pills. (Which, when they spill into the caddy, are very difficult to get... It means turning the whole thing over and dumping everything out!) Several other pillboxes have compartments that snap shut only loosely.

In all, while the idea is good, the execution and/or the quality assurance is sadly lacking. The manufacturer's return policy is to send the whole unit back on your own dime along with a check for a third of its price to get a replacement. Hopefully Amazon can streamline this for less cost. It's a sad state of affairs when the customer has to pay when the manufacturer fails to provide a quality product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Organizational Tool, September 20, 2009
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
As a person who takes medication 3 times a day I would find myself sometimes trying to remember if I took my medication. I love all of the little features such as the number of days on the case and the opposing red and green so I know when to call in my refills instead of counting pills and checking the calendar. The individual cases are sturdy enough to take with if you plan on being out during your normally scheduled dose. All in all, very handy and sturdy organizer. My only advice would be to make the base a little heavier so a roaming cat or clumsy person (me) doesn't knock it down from where it is sitting.

3.0 out of 5 stars Containers are either hard to open or pop open by themselves, November 15, 2011
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
The design of this 31 day pill organizaer works better than the one that is slanted that accommodates more pills in each container and which I would not recommend. The MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer is more stable than the one for vitamins that is top-heavy and difficult to manage. There should be some quality control with this product so that all pill containers open easily and close securely. They are very, very difficult to open and sometimes you have to use so much pressure that the pills go flying across the room when it finally does open. If you have problems with arthritis in your hands, you should look for another product where the opening of the product is consistent and the pill containers stay securely closed too. The convenience of organizing pills 31 days at a time is a real convenience and reminder as to whether you've taken one of the daily doses, but just beware, you may have difficulty opening the containers. The containers hold quite a few 'regular-sized' pills, but if you take many large vitamins, this unit will not hold them all in one container. Buyer beware.

5.0 out of 5 stars Medication Compliance, December 26, 2009
C. Black (North East Ohio) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
I take thirty (30) pills a day, split into four specific times. With a seven day organizer, I was constantly refilling my box, or just neglecting it altogether. Because of the large amount of pills per day, it does take quite awhile to fill the box -- but, I never miss a dose now. Overall, I think it takes less time and effort, and my health has stabilized. Get it, it's great. Oh, do order the alarm/timer to remind you when your next dose is due.

4.0 out of 5 stars For a vitamin regiment, not quite large enough, April 29, 2011
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
Conceptually, this item is gold - in fact I ordered the larger one the very day this one arrived. Why? Because for my needs, the pill compartments weren't quite large enough. For anyone on a comprehensive vitamin/supplement regiment, you know that the tablets/capsules/softgels are occasionally large. Compound this with the sheer number taken (I take 11 pills after lunch) and this item's pill compartments don't measure up. I knew I was taking a chance on this smaller version, but it's mainly the size 24 oblong softgels that don't fit well (I take three this size after lunch). I had even allocated two of the four compartments to my lunchtime dosage, but for me the larger compartments are necessary.

Again, great product! Just had to determine necessary size via trial and error.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Idea!, January 30, 2010
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
I purchased this organizer for my elderly Mother who takes quite a few medications. She had a hard time with all the pill bottles everyday. Once a month, I count them out into the handy dispenser, and it makes her life much easier -- plus, I don't have to worry about her missing or taking too much of her medication. Wonderful product!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars As advertised, October 20, 2010
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
Some of my supplements and one prescription are "horse" pills so I generally need to use two compartments for morning and evening respectively, so those who have multiple large pills that they need to take multiple times daily may find the compartments too small. And the unit is huge. Otherwise, not having to fill it weekly keeps me "on schedule" as far as dosing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent organizing system for meds and supplements, October 30, 2011
J. B Kraft "lonestargazer" (Palestine, TX United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: MedCenter 31 Day Pill Organizer (Kitchen)
I bought one of these for myself and one for my wife. I have some prescriptions that need to be taken at different times or before or after meals, and I was terrible at following the "fine print". If I took all my pills at once . . . not counting my supplements, I was doing great. I saw these and decided to take a chance. The organization is easy. 31 individually-numbered day (container) times 4 compartments per day in a stable and useful box to make them readily visible.. Green side up before you take any; red side up when you've finished that day's pills, and a small shelf on the front for partially taken days. If you put it in someplace you are likely to go, you should be able to tell whether you've taken your meds at a glance. When you see you are running out of a drug as you are putting it into the daily containers, it's easy to order a refil THEN, so you never run out at the last minute.

If you take a great number of supplements, many of which are large capsules (such as fish oils, calcium supplements, etc.), the same company makes a similar product but with larger daily units, so try that one. (My wife opted for changing to that one, but so far, this is a great product for me, and it would make a nice gift for a relative or close friend who has more meds or supplements and needs help remembering what's been taken and what's left.

There's also a travel case which holds seven of the daily containers.

My wife and I have tried about 10-15 different types of containers in 15 years since we started taking supplements. Nothing equals this. A minor inconvenience is it takes about 30 minutes at the dining room table to organize things, but that is once a month.

This container will put you (or someone who loves you) more in control of your medication and supplements than you have ever been. Do it once a month, and that's it. You can easily see if you've forgotten to take something. You can pre-plan refils so you avoid running out.

Get one for yourself and give one to someone you love.

CONSTRUCTION QUALITY: A