5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!
Published on October 19, 2007 by CCSTAR

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected - Cannot record custom messages
Published on August 30, 2012 by Savta

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, October 19, 2007
CCSTAR "CLC" (San Antonio, Tx United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: MedCenter (70265) 31 Day Pill Organizer with Reminder System
Although this system was designed for diabetics, it is also useful for elderly patients with mild cognitive impairment(MCI) or any memory issues. I purchased this system for my mother, after researching its competition. For this price, there is nothing better. They thought of almost everything! It works beautifully, with up to 4 voice alarms, which can be programmed (or even turned off individually, as needed). It even announces the date and time. Having the color coded ends that indicate which days have been taken and completed (red), and which have not (green) is a stroke of genius. I also like the fact that the batteries in the alarm box are double A, rather than some obscure type which can be harder to come by. This system is easy to set up and understand, simple to use and has a terrific price point. I recommend it to anyone who has loved ones with MCI or even certain types of dementia.

5.0 out of 5 stars MedCenter System Talking Monthly Pill Reminder & Organizer, March 18, 2008
Jacqueline (Queens, New York) - See all my reviews
This product is phenomenal. I purchased it for my grandmother because it is difficult for her to remember when to take all of her medication. After the initial set-up, and showing my reluctant grandmother how it worked, she too found it very simply and reliable. She loved that if she dozed off, the alarm would still ring at its specified time. AND that the machine continued talking to her until she took her pill. That little reminder made her much more relaxed. It was also a relief for me because I knew she was taking the correct pill dosage at the proper time. One can not put a price on piece of mind- especially with an elderly loved one!

Not only was the product delivered quickly and efficiently, but the customer service department (person with whom I communicated via email - Travis Besecker) was a pleasure. He assisted me in all my inquiries and responded promptly.

I can not be more pleased with this product or the person with whom I spoke. I highly recommend this machine, not only for its color coded boxes, talking and pill registration system, or the peace of mind I received, but most of all, for the personal service. It is wonderful to know that there are people in the business world who not only sell a solid product, but take time to respond and personally help the people who purchased it.

4.0 out of 5 stars MEDICATION MOTHERING, July 2, 2008
The MedCenter is the next-best thing to having your mother near-by; telling you that it is "Time to take your medicine." OK, NAGGING you to take your medication,incessantly, until you stop what you are doing, get up and "Acknowledge" that you have heard the reminder (by pushing a single large button on the automated "voice" of the system.)

Of course,you,or the person caring for you,could bring the alarm along with them when moving about the house. While small enough to permit mobility, (About the size of a case for eye glasses), I prefer keeping it in its assigned position on the Center's base. Somehow, having to go to the center to turn the reminder-script off,(it will list the day's remaining reminders),and, there, seeing a month's worth of medication cases lined up on the systems'step-like platforms and after taking my medication and then turning what was a green-topped case this morning(signifying "full"),to a red-topped case at night,(empty,)somehow helps to curb the "I'll do it in a minute" thinking which,in reality, usually turns into hours and dosing confusion.
Overall, its a great system! A month of medications-at-hand, Simple storage,incessant and insistent reminders politly pushing patient compliance. The only shortcomming is,perhaps,the lack of a carrying case, travel sleeve, case, or bag. It could be sold as an system acessory. You may not even need an engineer; just a protective border,something to assure that the chambers' doors wont open in a purse, or get snagged on a suit-pocket's lining spilling out the day's contents on the floor ( Which,if not completely recovered, could create a potetially dangerous situation for children and pets.)

Until my advice is taken, I'll stick with a heavy-duty rubber band, large enough to be expanded vertically over the length of the case over all the all-ready-checked, closed doors. Just to be extra safe and extra sheek,I place the bag in a snack- or sandswich-sized plastic bag, along with a slip of paper with my doctor's and my phone number to let us know if its been found.

To summarize: Once in place, The Center give you the confidence to think less about your medications and more about life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use and effective, September 21, 2009
This simple device has made it possible for my dad (who lives alone) to take his pills "almost" every day now. Big improvement from never when he used a regular daily dose pill holder with no alarm.
There are several great features:
It holds a 31 day supply so I can fill it once a month.
It has 4 alarm time settings. He has to take them once daily. But I set a second alarm an hour later in case he ignores the second one.
Large date number makes taking the right day simple and avoids skipping or taking twice.
Four compartments for people who take multiple daily doses.
My dad's health and awareness have improved a lot now that he's taking his pills. He constantly forgot when there was no audible reminder and short of giving them to him personally, this is the next best thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars MedCenter System, February 3, 2009
Item is working well for my mother who could not remember if she took her medicine, but I feel it has one design flaw. Design has friction locks so the Pill containers will stay in even if the unit is turned upside down. Unfortunately, the containters fit so tight that they are almost impossible to remove with arthritic fingers. I had to add 1/8 inch spacers to the bottom of the container slots to elevate the containers so that she could get them out.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was skeptical..., February 4, 2013
I read the reviews and hoped against hope that this would work for my dad, but I was skeptical. It looks like it has TOO many things for someone to remember or look at or see... but I ordered it and set up the alarms and loaded the pills in for my dad. I explained it to him, but with his loss of short term memory, really didn't expect him to remember or to be able to figure out how to turn off the alarm by himself. He's 81 and lives alone. He had been having great difficulty taking just one days meds without confusing the day ones from the night ones or did he already take Friday nights pills, ...? If you don't know what day it is, looking at a calendar or a seven day pill box isn't necessarily going to help. Calling him in the morning and again at night didn't seem to be helping, either. I'd stop by in the afternoon and check his pill container and see that he'd taken too much or none or the wrong day (which is better than too many days!).
So far, we are 4 days with this system and he has not had one mistake. I really didn't think it was going to work, but thought we'd give it a shot before I had to start going to his house in the morning and again at night. The alarm telling him the time, day, month and date and what pills to take (morning, afternoon, evening or night) really helps him. REALLY helps him. He knows how to turn the alarm off, turn the container upside down to show red when he's done with the entire days pills and to check the time, day, month and date and next time he has to take his pills.
For my dad to know he's losing his memory, this is one huge step for him to keeping his independence a bit longer which in turn affects his attitude, outlook and lessens the stress.
Filling the containers is a bit more of a hassle than the weekly ones and there's not always going to be enough pills with all prescriptions to fill an entire months worth, but those do not outweigh the benefits of his independence, the accuracy of his pill taking now, and the less stress for him and for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Parents, January 16, 2008
If you are a baby boomer with aging parents, this is the perfect product. My dad is 92 and lives in an independent living facility. With all the stuff you read about older people forgetting to take their meds, it was always nagging at me how I could help him keep his medications straight. I live 5 hours away, so can't be there every week to fill a little pill box. When I saw this month-long system, I thought Bingo. Long story short, he uses it, and shows it off to his friends, too! And I can sleep at night. I highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected - Cannot record custom messages, August 30, 2012
Fortunately I had second thoughts before opening the packaging and proceeded to look up the users manual online. I erroneously assumed that I would be able to record the 4 messages for my Mom. Since one of the messages was an eye drop reminder not a pill reminder, I realized that this product would not serve our purpose. I returned it and will order the Your Reminder Clock and the 31-day Pill Organizer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply The Best Medication Reminder System On The Market!, September 5, 2010
Lyn "MissMaika" (Mayfield, Kentucky, United States) - See all my reviews
As a Registered Nurse I realize how important it is to take your medications on a regular basis. Often times certain medications should be spaced at specific intervals. This gadget does it all for you. It's simple to set up and even simple to use. I used to recommend the Timex system that is no longer manufactured. When I found this system online, I thought I would give it a try as I work with individuals with brain injuries and a monthly set up would be such a time saver for them or their advocates who set up their medications.
I was right. This system is fantastic. I use it myself due to the need for around the clock pain management medications. I can set the timer to alert me of my every 8 hour medication and I don't have to worry if I am taking my medication too soon or too late. I would recommend this system to anyone who wants to simplify their lives. The company who makes this product even has it set up where you can purchase specific replacement boxes for 1 dollar each should you lose or break one. Take my advice, You won't find a better medication administration system other than another human being. If you are sighted, you can use this system without difficulty. I don't know at this point if this company makes a system utilizing braile or not, but am sure they would consider it if enough people would want and/or utilize it.
Thank you for such an easy to use set up and administraton system for those of us that need a little reminder every now and then.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pill Dispenser for 31 days, June 10, 2009
MedCenter System Talking Monthly Pill Reminder & Organizer This product is the best thing that my mother has ever had. It has 31 (one for each day of the month) pill holders with 4 slots depending on what time of the day you are to take the medicine. The holders are inserted vertically for storage. The talking alarm will let you know when it's time to take your medicine. No longer do we struggle with the 28 day type and trying to fit all the pills into one small holder. I would recommend it to anyone. It also comes without the talking alarm if you prefer. Great product. My only complaint is that the lids for the individual pill slots are a bit stiff and hard to open.