5.0 out of 5 stars The Sound of Rising Above and Beyond
Forget for a moment about the video game "Medal of Honor" (as terrific as it may be). Forget about first-person shooting, about enemy A.I. and Frames Per Second. For a moment, think about war, particularly WWII. No war is ever a good thing, but this one was fought against one of the most cruel enemies to ever face humanity. Those who fought them and rose...
Published on February 28, 2000 by Deadlock

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the hype
Sorry to burst the bubble here but this is in no way a four, let alone five star soundtrack. All the reviews I've read have talked about this score being `one of the best soundtracks in a long time...', `a great display of John Williams-esque orchestration and bombast...'. I'm sorry but not in my view. I would say this score is adequate and I can't help but feel that...
Published on May 25, 2005 by antaylor

5.0 out of 5 stars The best soundtrack ever written!, July 4, 2000
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
Medal of Honor is beyond description, with its mighty brass themes and swift string runs. Never have I heard a composer like Michael Giacchino follow right behind the steps of John Williams. The only real difference I can see between them is that Giacchino uses strings much more often the Williams does. Unlike most soundtracks, every track on Medal of Honor is incredible, and you have to have a lot of time on your hands to listen to it, because you'll have to listen to every track! The German theme is a listener's dream, and is a joy to hear every time it suprises you around the corner with it's swift and brassy tune. Patterson's theme is almost as good, which isn't as tense as the German theme, but really gorgeous. (Listen to it on track 15...It's excellent!) Among the favorites of Medal of Honor, "Taking out the Railgun", "Rjuken Sabotage" and "The Jet Aircraft Facility" are my favorites. What we have is the next John Williams. WHATEVER you do, get this CD, and don't walk away without it. No one will regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Above and Beyond, September 4, 2001
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
Ever wonder what happened to the golden age of John Williams, with its "Raiders March," "Imperial March," "Jaws" theme, etc.? After buying (and returning) the meandering soundtrack to _Episode One: Phantom Menace_, I thought those good ol' days were gone forever. But then a buddy of mine started playing a little Playstation game called _Medal of Honor_. As I watched my friend nix Nazis, I heard something I'd not heard in a long time: a rousing adventure soundtrack! Yes, I heard menacing Nazis, exotic locales, and daring heroes brought to life with music, glorious symphonic music! And by a composer whose evocative powers didn't flag for a single measure. O O O O that Williamsian rag! The good ol' days are here again, but it's not John Williams who's ushering them in; It's Michael Giacchino with his _Medal of Honor_ soundtrack. Take my word for it, dear reader. The '80s belonged to Williams, the '90s to Horner, but the new era could very well belong to the _Medal of Honor_ wonderworker. Buy this soundtrack and you'll see what I mean.

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic game. Classic soundtrack., February 7, 2011
This review is from: Medal Of Honor (MP3 Music)
Back in 1999 when the game first came out, I used to play this game non-stop. What I really loved the most about this game however, was the soundtrack. It was so good I remember I would take a break during the middle of a mission just so I could listen to the background music. I wasn't really a fan of classical music back then but there was something about the soundtrack that made it unique. All the songs have this "military" feel to it. It's hard to explain in words but if you have played this game you know exactly what I mean. This is by far (in my humble opinion) the best soundtrack created for a video game. Only the Metal Gear Solid soundtracks and God of War soundtracks come close.

Who would have thought that 12 years later, I would have the opportunity to own this classical masterpiece. If you played this game or love classical music in general, do yourself a favor and buy this soundtrack ASAP, you will not regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your Goosebumps Will Have Goosebumps!, April 17, 2000
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
I am a MOH owner. LOVE THE GAME! LOVE THE MUSIC EVEN MORE! I would play the game with the sound pumped through my stereo, just to feel the string bass rumble! This soundtrack has all the elements...a solid recurring theme that captures the essence of the game...a gamut of emotional treatment...It will shackle your imagination of a time gone past. Turn up the stereo on this one! Your goosebumps will have goosebumps! If not, please check your pulse. It may be some time before a major orchestra puts on a multimedia concert of this work. Until then, the MOH soundtrack will do just nicely. Buy it, or weep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dynamic , Breathtaking, Simply Amazing !!!, January 23, 2005
A. Fernando "alfern73" (Walnut, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
I don't think I can adeqautely describe to you what kind of soundtrack this is! My friend got a hold of a copy, and I was simply floored when I heard it. I had to buy myself a copy here!

I can honestly say that this is undoubtedly the best soundtrack I've ever heard in my life! When I listen to this music, I start to feel the excitement,fear, and determination of how it feels to be a soldier in combat. It's not only that, the music inspires you, thrills your senses, why is it so hard to get this CD? Like the earlier reviewer said, dreamworks should sell this CD again! Soundtrack of the ages !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best soundtrack ever created!, February 18, 2000
carly (sedalia, missouri) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
This is the best soundtrack I have ever heard.Or even best CD for that matter. The atmosphere the game creates is greatly surpased by the soundtrack. Every feeling you have about war is brought up when you listen to this impressive spectacle of music. The extra track of the National Anthem is one of the best i have heard. Just listening to this music makes me proud of my country.

4.0 out of 5 stars Comparisons to Modern Warfare 2, March 19, 2011
Jon (EVANSTON, IL, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medal Of Honor (MP3 Music)
I personally loved the MOH video game which I played on PC. Maybe there were too many cutscenes, but the quality of the cutscenes was fantastic. The closing of the game, especially, was very moving.

Along with a great game comes this great soundtrack which I think rivals the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 soundtrack by the esteemed Hans Zimmer. MOH's soundtrack made use of indiginous instruments and themes, but didn't go into the kind of authentisism that would make the soundtrack annoying and harsh to western listeners. It skirts the edge of that and falls on the side of the West so that along with the flavor of Afghanistan, you get the force of heroism so often portrayed by the same beautiful but rehashed themes of Hans Zimmer. Believe me, I love Hans's work. But hearing the same songs in COD:MW2 that I've heard in Transformers, Pearl Harbor and elsewhere gets old. The MOH soundtrack is definitely worth a download, and if I could find it, I'd purchase the CD.

Having said all of that, one or two songs were not to my liking, but you always get that in a soundtrack as the music works for the scenes better than it does as a standalone listening experience when you are at work or driving your car. But other songs are fantastic. Heroes Aboard is great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game music ive ever heard., June 9, 2004
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
Out of all war games ive ever played in my life, this by far has to be the best. To be honest, i dont just play the game for the fun of it, i play the game for the music! I think the MoH Group has done a great job in making the music fit into the game nicely, and adds a great feeling of involvment....Great! I give 5 stars. *thumbsup*

5.0 out of 5 stars Just Amazing, March 10, 2003
PACOBELL (Camarillo, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
I like symphonic music live. Whoever is playing tends to play ubeat really energetic peices.This is not like any radio classic music that you listen to. It is very energetic. Just Great

5.0 out of 5 stars Giacchino is the apprentice of John Williams!, December 25, 2000
Nick Esquer (Mesa, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medal of Honor (Audio CD)
The sweet melody of "Medal of Honor". The mellow sounds of "The Railgun Greta". The soft, jazzy style of "The Road to Berlin". The Medal of Honor soundtrack has to be the best soundtrack of all WW-2 themes. John Williams has taught Michael Giacchino well, it seems. Some might say, "It's just a game!". Yes, it's a game, but, listen to the music. Giacchino rises power, surprise, suspense, and glory in this magnificent masterpiece collection. If I could rate it 10 stars, I would. This soundtrack beats out the Academy-Award winning "Saving Private Ryan" soundtrack. In this wonderful music filled collabaration, you can hear faint sounds of mellow trumpets. Also, the mighty sounds of the powerful low brass instruments. If you don't own this soundtrack, be sure that you'll own it as soon as possible.
Nick Esquer, Mesa, AZ

Medal of Honor
Medal of Honor by Michael Giacchino (Audio CD - 1999)