4.0 out of 5 stars Decent
Published 23 months ago by Ian A. Kennedy

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest Review
First of all, ignore the one star reviews from COD fan boys, people who were upset that you had to install origin, and people who haven't even played the game. The following is a candid review of the game:

Published 23 months ago by MDGuy31

3.0 out of 5 stars Honest Review, October 26, 2012

Graphics: I find the graphics very good looking, realistic, and sharp. Explosions look fantastic, bullet impacts look great, The models look great. I run a very high end rig so I can max out all the settings and not see a stutter. As long as you have a decent machine you should have no problem running the game.

Sound: I am not an audiophile so for me this never bothers me much but most of the sound effects sound good. The gunfire and explosions all sound crisp and clear with good ranging effects based on the location of the gunfire. A lot of the gun fire is very distinct even though there is a wide range of guns.

Campaign: Honestly I only got through a few missions of the campaign before I had to stop. It seemed very generic and linear and after playing through tons of those types of campaigns it seems tired for me. I believe a lot of this has to do with the fact that I am in the military so the whole story line does not really draw me in.

Gameplay (Multiplayer): Alright, the gameplay in multiplayer has certain original parts, this is where the majority of the people will spend their time so I have divided it into pro's and con's.

Pro's: The designers implemented a buddy team system where you can spawn next to another player in a two man team. You can give each other ammo and health. The systems is great as long as you have a buddy who works with you. It helps you spot enemies, cover each other, and move through the map without getting hit from a flank. I enjoy the lean system which I never understand why other games do not implement. The selection of guns, classes, and different abilities are very varied and widespread. You can be a recon guy, a sniper, a demo guy, machine gunner, etc. With each of these classes comes a lot of different firepower to choose from. Each of the guns has a lot of customization options so if you are into having a certain type of gun after you earn all the unlocks then look no further. The maps are small, with 20 people per server, and the action is fast paced and intense and always happening. The weapons are not so overpowered as to kill with one shot but if you take anything more than a couple of rounds you will die.

Con's: With a new release comes a lot of bugs. Now I have problems just having the game freeze and I understand that it is a COMPUTER game, so it is not going to be 100% stable for everyone. If you are the type of person that gets upset because the game designers didn't come to your house and design the game specifically for your computer then do not buy it. Besides that, there are some problems, obvious problems, such as spawn in the background for the world where you are stuck for a while. Sometimes you spawn right in front of the entire enemy team and get cut down. The gameplay is fun, but with only TDM and Sector Control I can see it getting boring real fast. A lot of the interface just seems down right confusing to me, and I have been playing video games for a long time so that is hard to do to me with a game. There is also what I call 'Fluff'. It is just a lot of extra pointless stuff (aka collect and spend so many tokens so you can help your selected country 'win' some contest for xp or whatever) that just really does not do it for me. If that is your thing then go nuts. A lot of the unlocks help make your gun look unique but do not seem to mean anything except for maybe the muzzle breaks, silencers, and sights.

Overall: I bought this game because I figured I would give something other than COD a try. (After MW3 was released I stopped playing, I am not paying money to buy the same game over and over). MOH has its perks, but it just doesn't seem to live up to all the hype. The developers are touting the campaign but it is short and not really that great. The multiplayer also seems mediocre at best with a lot of good implements but overall just not enough new ideas. Hence, I give the game 3/5 stars. Is it worth the money right now? I would say no, you are probably better waiting for it to drop in price after a few months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, October 23, 2012
first things first this is the pc version so i will cover those aspects that are not related to the console version. i purchased medal of honor from origin, painless process the servers werent as busy as i thought download speeds were ok. first thing i noticed when i started playing is that battlelog is optional, it lets you choose to run the game in the actual game itself or to start it from battlelog. please note that that server browser is only available in battlelog. Ok now for visuals, im a huge bf3 fan so i was expecting the same strain on my graphics cards since its using the same frosbite 2 engine. i was surprised because when i play on my alienware m18x labtop i can normally run bf3 at aound 60 - 70 fps with max settings with exception of some AA setting at medium low. In medal of honor the graphics setting options are exactly identical but i can easily max everything with AA and HBOA on and get around 70-80 FPS. i would say that bf3 and MOH are the same level as far as visuals so either the game is better optimized or its due to the maps being smaller with less players so it doesnt strain your graphics card as much. Gameplay is honestly somewhere between bf3 and call of duty i would say more so towards battlefield for its not as super fast paced and run and gun style like COD but it implements strategy and tactics from you and your fireteam buddy, and its extremly more realistic. all the mechanics of bf3 are there for the exception of sliding and the ability to lean in and out of cover, a perfect example would be the game dishonored, you can be behind wall or whatever it may be and you can lean a little to shoot out of cover with very little body exposure, so thats pretty cool if you ask me. fireteam buddy system is also a great this is basiclly a squad if you were playing bf3 . you can share ammo, spot enemies, and spawn with your buddy and you can always keep track of him on the map. weapons can be elaboratly customized from everything to muzzles, magazine types, camo, to your attachements you choose to use on the weapon you just about make from scratch. Ok now for single player, i loved the MOH 2010s campaign so i was hoping for the same iv only played 2 1/2 hours and so far i think its great but not amazing i felt in the begining that i had to force myself to stay interested for it just seemed to drag but it dramatically picked up after an hour in.

Overall i dont regret buying this game, i was a little skeptical after EA not giving early copies to the review companies such as meta critic and ign for fear that the game would get mediocore reviews and hurt sales. but this coming from a hardcore battlefield player i can assure you if you like the realism of battlefield 3 with the faster paced action similiar to call of duty this is the game for you, and you wont be disappointed. sorry if my review isn perfect i tried to cover as much as i can. let me know if i left anything out at all

5.0 out of 5 stars Greta Game, August 16, 2013
This review is from: Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PC (DVD-ROM)
I can't believe all the poor reviews of this game.
It's for entertainment only and provides that and at a cheap cost.
I had hours of fun with this and was happy with the purchase.
Delivery was as expected w/o problems.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good game that died way to fast., February 13, 2013
This game has a very well told story that grasps you while you play it. The multiplayer was a good hybrid between Call of Duty and Battlefield, but it was so empty that I didn't get a chance to really play it. There was also an over abundance of breaches in the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Game and Great Inside Story, November 21, 2012
Robspace1 (Vancouver Wa.) - See all my reviews
Some people are complaining about the fact that there's a small amount of drama in this. One of the main players has a wife and kid that he's having trouble keeping. Because he's always gone on missions, he hardly sees them, and he has to make a decision between them and defending freedom. I see this as a really good and important aspect to the game and one not found in other war games. It actually shows some human emotion to the ugliness of killing and war. Sure, we all love to run and gun, and you do that most of the time here, but for maybe less then 100 mb. of hd space, you see a man in a realworld situation dealing with real life issues. It adds alot to the story imo. If you want pure kill games, there's plenty out there. It's nice to see a little human touch in a game. Especially one as violent as this is.

The graphics here are great, if you have the right gear. The sound and music is perfect with the explosions just right. Some games amp up the sounds of gunfire and bombs and it gets to be too much for me. A bullet should not sound like a rocket going by. The pacing is good, although we could have used a few less doors to kick in. That part was getting a little old. The door banging should not be used so much, but more like the real world. Many in the East use simple curtains for doors or bamboo. They could have come up with different ways to enter rooms. When you repeat any action, it gets old, especially in a high action game.

This game is not as long, in single player, as it should be. Is it worth the money? Yes, but only if you plan on playing with other people as well as by yourself.

Be sure your card is updated as this one demands good graphics and does run on the warm side. I had to open the case for more air, when it got over 52c. And I have liquid cooling. If you don't have a fast cpu, lots of ram, and a good, new graphics card, don't buy this or you will be not real happy.

Amd 960T-6 core cpu-3.8 ghz.
8gbz. ram
Kuhler 620 liquid cpu cooler
Nvidia 560 1gb

3.0 out of 5 stars glitchy but playable, January 27, 2014
Runs very slowly at times(unless they have improved it since i downloaded it) the missions though are awesome! the game lost points for me because of the slowness and glitchyness(i have a high end machine). Adjust settings alot is my advice

3.0 out of 5 stars Multiplayer is almost dead, January 24, 2014
bought it on a sale for 5$ and i do not think it is worth more than that now, the multiplayer is pretty dead as not much people play it and the campaign is not something fantastic, still it can keep you entertained for a few hours.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow, October 27, 2013
Very impressive game. I didn't want to download because of the reviews but the graphics are significantly better than a lot of other FPS games out there. I run 2 gtx680s on Sandy Bridge-e so I'm used to 70+ Frames on my 120hz monitor so if anything dips below that threshold I'm usually disappointed.
Graphics: Top notch
Gameplay: the controls are actually unique. Two different ways to peek outside of walls (either holding the alternate scope button and using a,w,s,d or pressing t,y so you don't have to scope. If using the latter, a simple modification of controls is all that is needed.
Audio: Sounds realistic and some weapons sound similar to those that I've fired.
Multiplayer: With BF3 being DICE's main multiplayer, this game isn't really focused on that. However, I have seen some clips and it's detailed enough to be interesting. Obviously it's not the same as BF3 but it's a change.
Storyline: Very real storyline and not your typical shooter. I loved how they emphasized different accents, as you could pinpoint the geographical origin of some of the characters, i.e. Boston.

3.0 out of 5 stars People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like. - attributed to Abe Lincoln commenting on a book, October 5, 2013
This review is from: Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PC (DVD-ROM)
3 stars because of the low price and some limited enjoyment. I only played this in single-player mode on PC so cannot comment on multiplayer or console versions.
This is a typical linear, point-to-point shooter in a similar vein to the Modern Warfare franchise, BF3 and the previous MOH installment (with the addition of some very annoying car chases). Go here, shoot these bad guys, go to the next spot and shoot some more bad guys, then chase some bad guys in a car. If I'd wanted car chases I'd have bought a car-chase game. I will say, however; that it seemed to me there were some improvements in the bad guy's AI over the previous MOH installment, and that's always a good thing. Of course I could be completely mistaken about that; but it was my impression when playing.
Graphics are pretty good, similar to BF3 (same Frostbite 2 engine according to the box) but honestly not much improved over the previous installment, and realistically the game practically forces you to hurry through every task (either with time limits or constant nagging by "team") so that there is little chance to appreciate or enjoy the excellent graphic details. Never could understand that with game designers ... why put so much effort into creating wonderfully detailed graphics and then design the gameplay so that they cannot be appreciated?
Aside from the very annoying car chases that you must complete before advancing the game, the other major annoyances for me were the frequent "cut to film clip about the personal life of the team members" stuff. I mean, really ..... it's a shooter, do I want to know about some character's marital problems or have to look at his odd, creepy little girl (maybe only if I could shoot her in the face)?
All in all I should not complain too much. For the price I paid the game did provide some enjoyment; of the 5 hours or so it takes to complete the single-player campaign I probably thoroughly enjoyed about 3 1/2 hours of that, really hated about 1 hour, and was mildly annoyed for about a half-hour. As for replay-ability, it's like one star or less. Once played on the hardest setting there's not much point to replaying the game, as it's always going to be the same bad guys in the same places doing the same things; but then that's the nature of linear shooters. And once you've done the car chases on the hardest setting with PC keyboard controls you'd have to be a masochist (or have lots and lots of free time) to want to do it again.
Note: you'll have to sign up for an Origin account online and have internet access to play the game, even in single-player mode; I'm not aware of a way to play this offline (maybe someone more knowledgeable could comment on that).
In summary; neither the best nor worst game I've bought. Folks who like shooters such as MW3 or BF3 may find this similar to them and enjoyable for a few hours if they can tolerate the annoyances.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great Graphics, Frustrating Gameplay, April 26, 2013
The Origin interface is not bad, but the game itself is terribly frustrating. During a number of missions, the bugs were so terrible I could not continue. I don't know if these issues have been addressed, but during the second mission, the OPFOR drives straight through buildings instead of using the road...obviously poor game design and editing. Save your money for when they get serious about releasing a finished product rather than a cheap teaser.

Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PC
Medal of Honor: Warfighter - PC by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista)
$19.99 $9.75