5.0 out of 5 stars follow the sizing guide - except there is none posted
Since I'm an XS/S in everything I went ahead and ordered the Small size in this bra. It's definitely too small.
I'm currently a 36B while nursing and while it holds everything in it's riding up my back like crazy, it feels like the shoulder lengths were designed for tweens.
Published 21 months ago by JKH

3.0 out of 5 stars Really small for a large!
Published on April 18, 2011 by K. Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars follow the sizing guide - except there is none posted, May 28, 2013
JKH (Richmond, VA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
Other than that little hiccup this bra is amazing. It's definitely the most comfortable thing I own, even in the too small size. It literally feels like you don't have it on, yet everything feels nice and in place.
I've already ordered more in my correct Medium size.
If I remember, I will update thist to add the package sizing info when the next one arrives so that others can hopefully avoid this issue. Until then, I recommend buying this but sizing up.
**sizing from package**
Small - 32/34 A-C
Medium - 32D, 34 D/DD, 36 B/C, 38B
Large - 36 D/DD, 38 C/D, 40 B/C
XLarge - 38 DD, 40 D/DD, 42 B/C

4.0 out of 5 stars good for large-breasted women, March 23, 2011
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
I just wanted to offer the opinion of someone with a large chest- I am normally a 36DD and am probably a cup size at least larger than that right now while nursing- but otherwise fairly slender- I wear a size 4 or 6 in clothes- so I was worried about ordering a large because I thought the band around the bottom might be too loose. However- the large size fit well. This is the first nursing sleep bra that I am not spilling out of completely. I also purchased one made by motherhood maternity and would not recommend that one for women with larger busts because the front hardly has any elastic at all, and so my breasts fall out any time I bend a little bit. However, just one thing about this Medela bra I don't like- the material is a little thin...I have been wearing it very frequently (3x per week about) and think it might be worn out within a couple of months. Overall, I would definitely recommend it or buy one again if/when this one wears out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most comfortable bra ever!, July 1, 2013
Purple Lotus (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
Being a first time mother I had no idea that breast leakage was such a problem. After my milk was at full production I had to wear a bra 24/7 to prevent leakages. The 'house' bra that I bought from motherhood is sitting in my dresser...mostly unused. It was supposed to be their most popular model for comfort around the house. Whatever, was very restrictive and uncomfortable for me.

I'm the type of person who used to get home and take off their bra immediately. Now I get home and change into my medela sleep bra. I love it so much I've purchased 2 and will probably have to purchase more to put into my rotation. They both get washed frequently and are holding up well after 5 months. I wear the bras with the lansinoh breast pads. My baby nurses every 3 hours. I tried many different bra and breast pad combinations and this was the one that was most comfortable.

Size: buy 1 size up from what you usually wear, bras are a touch small. I usually wear small/medium tops (bra size 34 C-D). I purchased a medium bra the first time, it was comfortable but rides up the back. The large fitted much better.

Bonus:
* most comfortable nursing bra I have! The others are too thick and when my baby was smaller she had trouble latching with all that padding around.
* makes a great pump bra!!! I have a pump bra. Unlatch bra, put pumps in, zip bra then attach to machine. With this bra I put the whole pump together attached to the machine and then slide the suction cups into the bra lining. It holds them up very well! I was being lazy one day when I discovered this and have never used the pump bra since.

3.0 out of 5 stars Really small for a large!, April 18, 2011
I'm a 36C and in my second trimester and ordered this to keep nursing pads in at night. I'm an average-sized woman and the large size is almost too small. I know there's no way I'll be able to wear this once my milk comes in. Is comfortable enough for now, and OK to sleep in, but the chest band was pretty itchy the first few times and I think it could be designed to be bigger and with softer materials.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really not what I expected. Poor quality, incorrect sizing. No way to get your money back :(, April 2, 2013
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
I can only blame myself for not looking through the negative reviews on this bra. Everything that people said is true.
The bra is cheap looking from thin cotton fabric. Really not intended for sizes bigger than C cup. Also might be uncomfortably tight for sizes over 36. I ordered XL (I'm 38D -38DD) and this is definitely way too small. It's also uncomfortable tight around my chest so no way I can wear it at night.
For the poor quality it's clearly overpriced as well. I feel fooled by trusting Medela brand to have some understanding of a breastfeeding woman's anatomy.
The return policy is not mentioned anywhere and I made another mistake trusting that it would be something similar to amazon's - i.e, free return on clothing that is in unused condition. Well, silly of me. There is a 20% re-stocking fee, plus you have to pay shipping costs. Together this will come for me to about 7-8$ at least, half of the bra's price. Not to mention that I'll have to find time to go to the post office to send it (not something you are looking forward to when you just had a baby). Otherwise why would you shop online if you can go to the store to find bra that fits?
While I understand the reasons behind the return policy on things bought from a third party through Amazon, I wish I was better informed about it before I spent money on this bra.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product at a great price, February 8, 2008
C. D. Melton (Morrison, IL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
I was a little worried after reading other reviews but this is a great bra. It never claimed to be a sports bra or push up bra and all I wanted was something to keep my chest up off my belly without tight elastic or wires. I'm still pregnant so I'm not sure how it will work when I'm engorged, but I can't see it suddenly becoming flimsy just because I gave birth. As for comments about the material, it's like an old cotton t-shirt or even just like a pair of old-fashioned white cotton panties. It is thin, and when you get cold it shows, but it's not marketed as an outside the house bra anyway. I wear this every day and sleep in it too. It's a great lounge bra.

1.0 out of 5 stars Does Not Fit Correctly, June 26, 2010
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
I bought this bra from a chain baby store and followed the chart on back to get the correct size, which for me was a Medium; 34C. This bra's elastic is not strong enough to stay firmly around my body. For some reason it always slides up when I wear it so the bottom of the bra ends up sitting across my nipples - not very comfortable to wake up to. I think this is a case of a poorly designed bra with not enough elastic, or they mislabeled the size chart on the back. Do not get this bra if you are thinking about it. Madela makes one that resembles a sports bra and clips at the shoulder and is made of a super stretchy material (it is far more comfortable and it works fine for sleeping and nursing). If you decide to buy this bra and are on the borderline between sizes, go with the larger size.

5.0 out of 5 stars My wife says it's great, January 18, 2009
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
I bought this bra for my wife who just gave birth to our son. She likes it very much and wants another one...so I'm buying a second one for her.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality, July 28, 2010
bikegal (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
A hole appeared near the seams after just a handful of washes! I washed it a netting bag for delicates and sometimes even handwash. Also the seams are coming undone. I had to use scissors to cut the seams that was starting to fall apart. This is not worth the money since I only got 5-10 uses out of it and it's starting to fall apart.

I gave it one star because I like how it is very convenient w/o the clasps. When you have a crying baby you can easily get to the breast w/o the clumsy clasps. It does not hide the breast pad very well. this is definitely something for sleeping not going outside especially if you worn under a thin blouse.

Also the sizes run small. I am normally a small and 34A. After pregnancy I did go a size up on normal bras. I first ordered medium but when it came it was so tight around the bust and the back was riding up. I had to ship it back and exchange for a large.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for home, relaxing, and sleeping, December 22, 2014
This review is from: Medela Sleep Bra (Apparel)
Bought this for my pregnant wife. She loves it--it gives just that little bit of support that is needed with the breast swelling and soreness from pregnancy. The material is very soft and comfortable for her. She was also one of the women that immediately removes her bra when getting home from work, and now she switches to this instead. The material is definitely thin, which makes it comfortable but meant for at-home use. (It's called a sleep bra, not sure why people are complaining that they wouldn't wear this outside the house!)

She's a 36D, and we bought a size large based on the sizing chart from other reviewers. It fits perfectly. I'll repost the chart here for convenience:
Small - 32/34 A-C
Medium - 32D, 34 D/DD, 36 B/C, 38B
Large - 36 D/DD, 38 C/D, 40 B/C
XLarge - 38 DD, 40 D/DD, 42 B/C

I'll also post the size chart from the package, but note that it is in centimeters (and the rest is all in Swedish or something it seems).