All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99

on November 26, 2012
What can I say, this book was required for an online course. I have enjoyed learning new things about media history in the U.S. and applying them in my course. I would recommend this book if someone finds their course requires it I would expect they shall learn a few things and find it enjoyable as I have. New condition when it arrived. I'm usually quite gentle on books but the paperback cover starts to roll back on you after use. Nothing abnormal or complaint-worthy as far as I'm concerned.
on July 18, 2013
This book was required for a class on the social aspects of the Media and how it impacts our daily lives. As a textbook I found it very unhelpful and lacking. There are no key-words in the book. I found the information very broad and helpful. I however did not find the authors use of dated, dry satire humorous. A decent read, with some outdated information.
on July 16, 2013
The chapters are mind-bogglingly long, and are so crammed packed full of information that by the end of it you've forgotten the first half of the chapter. Even taking notes while reading doesn't help because the matching set of questions, published by the book, don't work well with the chapters at all!! Horrible text book.
on December 18, 2012
The book was extremely informative. There's a lot of information and at one point it did seem like they gave a lot of unnecessary details, but it ended up helping me in the end. I needed the book for my Communications class and I received an A. It's very easy to follow, just make sure you do the reading because all of the information is right in it!
on July 28, 2013
In my initial scanning of the book I can see that it covers the subject matter in a very complete manner. I need this book to take an online course required for my 2nd Bachelor's degree in Communications. This book is the one required by my professor and in her judgment is the best for the coursework required because it is comprehensive and invites critical analysis of media past and present.
on November 13, 2012
If you are looking to read up on how media integrates into our everyday lives, this is a great book. I am a sports media major and have been reading this book for a class. This book has actually taught me things that I never even thought about or never even knew about. It was made in 2010 so it will not have everything in there but it has covered a lot of good information.
on November 7, 2013
Use this text book in class every day. Great to keep handy when trying to write up a lesson plan.
on June 23, 2012
This was a textbook I needed to purchase for a class I was taking. The book was in great condition and the price was less than half the price for what the university bookstore was selling it for. I was a little worried about the delivery time it took but it all worked out for the best.
on November 25, 2012
A good product,
Although people in communications or media studies must understand that because of the changing ecosystem it is outdated and professors usually don't allow for older versions.
on October 1, 2012
This book actually lived up to its description in terms of quality and being in good shape. A lot of times buying books online is a gamble, but not here.