5.0 out of 5 stars Right Choice For Me
Whom ever had the book before me was AWESOME!! Each chapter was already tabbed for me and it made my life just a little bit easier on those late night study sessions. I received my book in a timely manner. In fact, it came Memorial Day weekend just in time for my first exam the following Tuesday.
Published 6 months ago by Neshia

3.0 out of 5 stars Informs the reader about media literacy
I liked this book. I read it for a class, but really took in the purpose of the book.
That is, for people to become aware of the importance of media literacy. 3 stars.
Published on April 20, 2011 by Zeldabrain

5.0 out of 5 stars Right Choice For Me, June 25, 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars It was the right one for class :), June 7, 2013
This review is from: Media Literacy (Paperback)
I was so glad I was able to get for my class at a great price.

It's an easy read and the content is interesting and well organized.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, February 10, 2013
This review is from: Media Literacy (Paperback)
Excellent book! Perfect for introducing new concepts in media literacy. I highly recommend it if you want to generate discussions in the class and you want your students to relate the content to their own experiences.

5.0 out of 5 stars great text, October 25, 2010
This review is from: Media Literacy (Paperback)
I am using this for a media literacy class, and I think that the information in this book is useful (and easy to read) for anyone living in this digital information age.

4.0 out of 5 stars No Duh...., July 28, 2012
This review is from: Media Literacy (Paperback)
Not a terrible book... just not something that needs to be quite so long. It's a very easy read. I used this book in an introductory college class and didn't get much out of it. I should have looked for some sparknotes to sum this book up because I'm sure each chapter can be summed up in a page.

(I say all of this from the standpoint of a Computer Science major)

3.0 out of 5 stars Informs the reader about media literacy, April 20, 2011
Zeldabrain (California, USA) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm taking the class., March 7, 2000
Richard Engelhardt (Boca Raton, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Media Literacy (Paperback)
[This] book illustrates the importance of media literacy and it explores the many levels of the media. I like this book mainly for its organization. Potter's thoughts are well thought out and are presented very clearly. The only problem is that he has so many thoughts that I often forget much of what I've read. As a result, I've had to read paragraphs over and over again in order to fully absorb all that I can from the book.
[By] what he teaches in the book, I have been able to see that some of the claims he makes are very weak. Either he contradicts himself or he offers little evidence for some profound ideas. Without even knowing it, the book itself has become part of the experiment in analyzing and reaching better understanding of the media.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good experience, September 27, 2010
This review is from: Media Literacy (Paperback)
The book was cheap and was in great condition. The shipping wasn't super fast but pretty quick.

Media Literacy
Media Literacy by W. James Potter (Paperback - May 27, 2010)
Used & New from: $0.69