Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 30, 2011
This book is a real eye-opener. I'd been doing all the things the so-called gurus tell you to do to get more traffic... backlinks, article marketing, forum commenting etc. But as the internet expands, it's becoming increasingly difficult to 1) get traffic and, 2) get sales. "Media Strategies for Internet Marketers" is all about reconciling the offline "real world" with the online "virtual world" - employing traditional and time-honored offline media strategies to increase your online exposure and success.

So many internet marketers are scammy, but Pete Williams is the real deal. In no-nonsense language that anyone can understand and follow, he has written a step-by-step blueprint for driving traffic to your site through press releases and other media strategies. Never written a press release before? Neither had I (I hadn't even realized it was possible unless you worked for the press!). Well, it's easy - and this book shows you exactly how. And better than that, it works. After implementing Pete's strategies, my traffic (and conversions) trebled. There can be no greater recommendation than that!
on July 6, 2011
Those who do business online tend to remain trapped in the web. Most of them do their marketing online thinking offline media as passé.

But the reality is something like this. Two types of people come to internet: internet users and people who use the internet. Although they appear the same on the face of it, the differences in terms of implication are vast.

While members of the first group use the internet for most of their needs, such as for internet banking or searching directories, the others live mostly offline, occasionally visiting internet to check their email or Facebook account.

So there is a vast tract of possibilities lying outside the internet for marketing the online product, asserts the author, who has tested success from a very young age having understood the intricacies of the rules of the game. All the tips the book provides emanate from the author's first hand experience. He was successful in selling the old timber and carpet of a fabled sports ground as memorabilia, and there is no reason why the reader will not repeat the feat using these path braking marketing techniques.

The first mantra is to understand the importance of offline media. The offline audience is bigger, and offline users are much easier to impress then the already wizened online ones. Next is to understand the difference between publicity and advertisement. Publicity takes place when business is exposed to the public via a range of media, where the media chooses to promote your story.

We are told how to approach the media with press releases, interviews, original articles--all of which promote your business in an interesting way. Social proof, that is, using testimonial of your customers, is a time tested way of furthering your cause. "Such third party endorsements legitimize your expertise as a reputable and reliable real world business resulting in much higher conversions," say the author.

Full of such nuggets of practical advices this book is an essential guide for any online marketer.
on July 1, 2011
I'm not an Internet Marketer per se, but I do run my own online ecommerce business. I happened upon this book because I saw a rival's site mentioned in a magazine and thought: "how did they manage that?!?"

First of all, I trawled the internet for about an hour looking for how I could generate my own publicity. What little I managed to find was vague, but "Media Strategies for Internet Marketers" answered all my questions and more. It covers everything from how to write and submit your own press release, to getting your own articles (about you and your business!) published in print media - including templates and the author's own real-life experiences. There is also a chapter dedicated to a concept called "The Halo Effect" that has caused me to entirely rethink the way I sell myself and my business.

You need only read Pete Williams' author page to know he is a pro and an expert in his field. His strategies are pure gold for anyone looking to increase their traffic and sales.
on August 3, 2012
I have read a lot about Internet marketing, as a 25 year entrepreneur with the same company, JBM Logic inc. selling ERP, I was in need to update my marketing to be more in line with today. Pete Williams recommendation to leverage traditional marketing to boost visit to my online site was genius.

He goes on and provide good cases that I will be applying to my business to make my Internet marketing more effective and use our content to attract media for publicity.

I can't wait to see the real word results, Thanks Pete

Jean-François Brodeur