Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on May 10, 2011
I currently own an iphone that I keep in an otterobox. I have been searching for an aux cable for my car that would fit my iphone with its case on. Well, after trying many cheap and expensive cables, I have found the "one". This Mediabridge cable is not your usual wimpy thin cable you would find for $1 that stops working correctly after a few months, nor is it an expensive one with ends so thick it won't fit in my iphone, it is made very well and its plugs are "stepped" so it is sleek enough to fit in anything with a case on. I am very impressed, and its not easy to impress me. The cable is thick and solid, seems very sturdy and you can't beat it for the price. I am DEFINITELY going to purchase more for my home and recommend Mediabridge cables to all my friends and coworkers. Mediabridge, you have just acquired a customer for life.
1111 comments292 of 311 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 22, 2011
After initially receiving a defective cable, Mediabridge contacted me and agreed to send out a replacement cable right away.

I'm very happy with their customer service and willingness to stand behind their products. Please buy with confidence.
22 comments78 of 82 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 14, 2011
This is a great cable, especially for the price. The materials and build quality are excellent. Some consumers think that thicker cables are better, so manufacturers often encase their cables in a thick coating of cheap plastic insulation designed to make them look like they are higher quality. This usually only makes them heavier and less flexible. Not so with the Mediabridge; this cable is lean and mean. Even though the cable is double-shielded, the insulation isn't overly thick, so it remains lightweight and pliable. The terminations are also very compact.

I'm using it to connect an AirPort Express to a headphone amplifier. Listening through $190 Ultrasone cans (while walking on a treadmill), I can detect no problems with sound quality. I haven't done any elaborate comparison testing, but I can't imagine that there is a cable that would sound significantly better at this price range.

A few other points to consider:

I like the charcoal gray color; it won't start to look dingy like those stupid white cables from other manufacturers.

Also, the 8' length is unusual. Most manufacturers skip from 6' to 12', but this length is just right for my application.

Perhaps the best feature is the stepped-down smaller diameter base of the connectors, which allows it to fully insert into the headphone jack of portable device without removing its case. This makes it perfect for connecting an iPod or smartphone to the auxiliary input of a car stereo.
77 comments81 of 87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 24, 2011
When I bought this cable, I didn't know what to expect! But, I got it, plugged it into my computer and monitor, and now sound COMES OUT OF THE MONITOR SPEAKERS! It's a cable, it's got a sleek, cable-like design! It's pretty long, I could probably move my tower two feet to the left or right if I wanted! You need a 3.5mm Audio Cable? GET THIS CABLE!
77 comments120 of 135 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 4, 2011
Most cables you find out there for consumer electronics are labeled as "high quality" and such, and include a fancy price tag to go along. These cables actually are high quality audio cables at a very reasonable price. I bought one originally for my mother who had purchased a "high quality" cable that best buy sold her for her iPone to use in the car. She paid like $16 or something and was always complaining about having to turn the volume up and all sorts of issues. So I went online and found these, purchased 2 (one for myself) and gave her the other. The next day, she told me what a difference the cable made. She was so surprised that the cheap cable she had been told was "high quality" could be the issue, but now, after using this cable, she believes me!

Bottom line, if you want a nice cable to use for your iPod/iPhone or whatever, use these. They are the best I've ever used. I'll never buy any other again!
0Comment39 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 21, 2013
Item: Mediabridge 3.5mm (1/8") Male to 3.5mm (1/8") Male Stereo Audio (Auxiliary) Cable. 8 feet. "Step down" jack design to accommodate handheld device cases.
Purchase date: July 25, 2012
Review date: January 21, 2013

Six months from the date of purchase seems like a long enough period to provide adequate information about how this auxiliary cable has fared. I bought it with a set of Altec Lansing VS2621 computer speakers so I could connect my laptop or iPhone to play music in my apartment.

It looks nice, but the gold plating is poor quality and starts to wear away after a few months of use. The construction of the cable seems stiff enough throughout the body, and I use the standard method of rolling speaker cables to extend its life, but the jacks on either end were not engineered for long term use. After four months of careful use, I experienced the problem of audio only coming through one side of the stereo signal. Moving the cable strategically allowed the other channel to come through again, but this is a sign that the cable has degraded near the jack, where the cable bends as gravity pulls it down. Perhaps L-shaped jacks would have fared better, but I did not expect to see this level of deterioration already beginning in the 4-6 month window.

Every audio jack has plastic spacers that separate each contact (L/R/g) from the other. The spacers used on this particular unit have begun to burn (not sure how else to describe it) from the electric current, leaving black residue on the jacks, and wearing away. This is so advanced on one end of the cable that today a small piece of the spacer ring fell off. I fear it will not last much longer and I am wary of possible damage to my speakers and audio devices because of this defect.

I do not recommend this brand. There are better brands of audio cables available and I am now going to order one of those because I am deeply dissatisfied with my Mediabridge cable.

See photos for detail. flickr.com/photos/tomgartin/8401940597/in/set-72157632579769964

*********************************************
Update: January 26, 2013
Mediabridge sent a replacement that I received this morning (very quick shipping). I have amended my rating to account for their customer service, adding two stars to the original one star. It would be better if the first cable had not failed at all, but good service brings up my rating to three stars.
I intend to update this review in six months (the lifespan of the original defectivce cable) as a way of reporting on the condition of the replacement.

*********************************************
Update: November 29, 2013
The replacement cable has served well over the past several months and does not exhibit the problems I experienced in the first one. I am adding a star for the reliability of the replacement. I am also amending the title of my review. Thank you.
22 comments23 of 24 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
We've only been using this cable for two weeks. It's good that it fits into an Otterbox case but bad that it has already failed. Sound only comes from one side unless the cable is wiggled around.
11 comment20 of 21 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 13, 2015
I am very disappointed with the quality of this product. I've had this cable for over a year and finally realized the reason it was causing static and bad sound. This end tip insulator disintegrated on both ends, causing it to ground out the left channel. I had been suspecting my equipment until I inspected the cable end with magnification and that's when I noticed the insulators on both ends had failed. They may have fixed this issue since I bought it but if you hear static when you turn the cable, return it before the warranty runs out. I unfortunately didn't find the problem until it was too late.
review image
11 comment26 of 29 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 24, 2011
I had high hopes for this cable being a bit more durable than my last, which only lasted a year. Well, this one only lasted a month, before the metal casing came loose and I stopped getting sound to my left speaker. If I borrow my roommates cord, the problem goes away, so I know the problem is this product. Am very disappointed.
44 comments36 of 42 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2011
Received this item and it does feel like a quality cable but on use sound comes out from only one speaker needs to be tweaked in order to sound from both speakers plus static of I move my phone I tried on multiple radios and other devices it seems like poor construction on the end pieces

Update: customer support have contacted me based upon my review and offered to replace my damaged cable My only problem is I threw my cable out but if I had to buy a new one I would by this item because excellent customer service is hard to come by I would recommend this purchase as you see in my initial review that it seems and feels like a high quality cable and definitely feels better then my old monster cable.
66 comments120 of 149 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse