Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2009
plugged my computer into the router. worked.

it was the length that they advertised.

it was blue, like the picture.

they even included a free zip-lock bag and a twisty-tie.

i enjoy using it. in fact, this review is being transmitted to amazon using that cable.

neat, yeah?
55 comments|386 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 29, 2009
Very good quality cable and excellent price, its reinforced at the connectors which is something to look out for as some cable have no protection from the wires pulling out of the connector.
on September 20, 2010
I purchased this cable after searching many online stores and I could not believe the price was so LOW, I had half expected it to be of poor qualty, but much to my surprise it is top of the line with high end, ends and cable.
on March 27, 2015
This cat5e cable works just as described, it feels like it’s made of top quality Materials. I ran a test and it’s giving full signal strength, I’m a happy camper so I highly recommend this path cable.
review image review image review image
on July 8, 2011
This is a great ethernet cable! I use it primarily to connect my Bluray player to my router. I also purchased it because of the price, but I received a cable that is very sturdy, looks well built and performs exactly as I need it to. I would definitely recommend this cable over all others. I would definitely purchase more products from Mediabridge in the future.
on June 9, 2011
I bought this 25' cable to use with my PS3 because WiFi wasn't cutting it when it came to PSN, Home, and online gaming, especially with Killzone 3. My PS3 was in the same room as my Verizon Fios router (20mbs download and 5mbs upload speeds), and the wireless connection STILL wasn't reliable. Used this cable with my PS3 and router, and PSN's performance dramatically improved. I went to the network settings internet setup and made a new profile for wired connection. During the internet test everything passed with my NAT type at 2, Download speed was 23mbs, and upload speed was 4.1mbs (on wireless it wasn't even half those speeds). When playing Killzone 3 on a wireless connection I would lag out and get that annoying "Network Connection" error message, but I played for about an hour with no lag at all. The game icons in the PS store load up almost instantly. I was able get into Home with no network errors, and everyone's Home avatar loaded up a lot faster. I hope this info helps people who are looking to improve their PSN experience. I have yet to try streaming video media with a program called PS3 Media Server. Read additional info for network tips that I did that may help improve PSN's performance.

Additional Network Tips: If PSN's performance is poor then read the following tips that I did to improve it.
1) Set up a static IP address for your PS3. You can find a step-by-step guide on portforward[DOT]com. On the main page go to "other guides", then "configuring a static IP address", then finally choose the one for PS3. During the set up for this you would be able to choose a wired connection and a wireless connection. For the best performance and reliability, I would suggest using a wired connection.

2) After you made a static IP address you should use that to forward ports in your router. Go to the same website from step 1, but under "port forwarding" choose "Port Forwarding Guides by Router". Select your router (not every router in existence is on there) and choose "PlayStation Network" in the next list that comes up (it should be near that top in the second column). Follow the guide and if everything works PSN should work a lot better.

I hope this additional info helps you.

UPDATE:
I watched a movie by streaming it with PS3 Media Server, and it played flawlessly. When I was using a wireless connection it would always stutter, and the playback would just pause for a while because the bit rate would go up to like 40mbs. That poop doesn't happen anymore and playback is smooth as silk.
on July 26, 2009
This ethernet cable was purchased because my dorm im moving into required it. I just tried it out twice today and i personally am big on wifi not really into having wires but i have to admit this ethernet cable met my expectations and standards required for my dorm room great product and glad it was not a trial and error experience with a wired set up
on June 11, 2014
It serves the very purpose of having a longer Ethernet Cable. Sometimes, the wireless router can act, so I purchased and use this as a wired back-up when I need to do work that requires uninterrupted internet service. Works as described.
on March 24, 2016
The 25 foot Mediabridge Cat5e Patch Cable is an excellent cable at a competitive price.

It is a 24 AWG cable meeting TIA/EIA standards, and it easily handles both routine and bandwidth intensive requirements. At its current price point of less than eight bucks, it's a good deal.

The cable has durable, gold plated 50-micron male RJ45 connectors on each end that will resist corrosion and facilitate continuous high-quality data transfer accuracy under load.

While its 4-pair of twisted copper strands are unshielded, the cable is protected by a tough yet flexible PVC jacket, and its build pattern makes this virtually free of interference. I have purchased a number of these and its heavy duty yet flexible build makes installation and cable handling a snap.

The 25 foot Mediabridge Cat5e Patch Cable is a really good, durable cable that should last a long time. And at its current price, its a good deal, too.
on October 22, 2014
excellent product for an excellent price. Mediabridge emailed me that my order is on its way and a follow up email to make sure the order was satisfactory per specifications. I consider their gesture as caring and trying to make the customer happy. They provide email and phone number in case one needs to contact them. I am very happy with the product, packaging and the followup.v I highly recommend Mediabridge Products, LLC for Cat5e patch cables.