5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality For the Money
As someone who does quite a bit of home theater installations, I have to say that I was very impressed by these cables the first time I purchased them. They are now my "go-to" component video/audio cable for both personal use and my freelance A/V work. In my opinion, they represent an exceptional value for this price point.

Within the nondescript cardboard box...
Published on June 14, 2010 by Robert Garofalo

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked great.
I used the (2) 6' Media-bridge RCA component video along with the Monoprice 35' 22 AWG 5-RCA CABLE and the Monoprice 102999 5 inset wall plates to hook up a extra Samsung HD 55" TV in the basement coming off the DishNet receiver. The picture was just as good as coming off a HDMI and made for a professional installation.
Published 11 months ago by Daniel A Oden

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality For the Money, June 14, 2010

Within the nondescript cardboard box they come in, lurks a very well-made cable. They have:

1) an enclosed, 5-in-1 design for the length of the cable, meaning the 5 individual cables are sealed together up to about 3" before termination. This makes it very easy to run through walls, cable ports, or organizers compared to a bundle of separate cables. It also helps cut back on overall cable clutter, and helps save space behind your components. Cable identification also benefits from this design.

2) a braided cloth jacket. Not only is it elegant, but the smooth cloth will help prevent snagging on other cables and components.

3) solidly made, gold-plated connectors. The collar around the center pin is segmented; this is an expected feature on any good quality cable, and it means you can easily crimp the collar if you need a tighter grip on the component's I/O jack.

4) good shielding. Although I have not cut open the cable to investigate its shielding, they evidently are above average as determined by my informal "interference inductance" test. This is a test I do whereby I pass a strong magnet near the cables while they are conducting a signal, and look for signs of interference or signal degradation. While this is not a "lab-quality" scientific test, it does help simulate EMI that might be encountered by the cable from electronic components or power cords and transformers, and if a cable can stand up to this test it will generally perform well against lower-power EMF, and probably exhibit no 'crosstalk'. These Mediabridge cables passed, and this is one of the reasons I am now using these cables so extensively in HT installations, where there a lot of other cables and various electronic gear.

In general, I can see no flaws in the design. Because you have 5 cables bundled into 1 they are somewhat stiff, but not significantly inflexible. Keep in mind that usually the point of weakness and failure of most any cable is at the junction between cable and connector. I don't know if these cables have any stress-relief inside the terminator body (none is visible), but unless you do much repeated hooking and unhooking of your components I would not expect any problems with these cables. Just make sure that when you unhook these (or any cable) from a component, you grasp the end connector's metal body and pull-- never yank on the end of the cable itself (sometimes a slight clockwise twisting motion of the connector while pulling will assist with very tight connections). However, if I notice any unusual or premature failure of these cables I will post back and amend my review.

It is amazing to consider that the major-chain electronics stores regularly sell "premium" (and not so premium) A/V cables for $50 or more. While there is nothing necessarily wrong with those cables, they are almost always dramatically overpriced. It is simply unnecessary to spend that much if you know what to look for. Although it may be possible to get a slightly better cable for more money, I have not come across a better value on a component video + stereo audio set with this kind of build quality. In conclusion, I would confidently recommend these cables to any discerning buyer, and will buy them again myself when the need arises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Cable!!, August 8, 2009
A superb component video cable, especially for the price. It is well made with gold plated RCA connectors and looks to withstand significant use without deterioration. I have it connected to my HDTV and it works perfectly. How can you ask for anything more? Certainly much more cost effective than the $30+ cables sold in retail electronic stores!

5.0 out of 5 stars A very able cable, January 19, 2009
M. Barnett (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This is a nicely-made cable that helps clean up the maze of wiring behind my TV. The six-foot length allows plenty of play for moving components around. My older Sony DVD player has no HDMI output, but the component video signal looks very good.

5.0 out of 5 stars The problem was in the DVD setup menu, October 23, 2011
Good price, number one in sales and available on Prime. Thought I couldn't go wrong. Rationalized the one-star reviews as potentially user error. But, after spending an hour attempting this hook-up and getting nowhere, I was was almost ready to concede defeat. Went to Target and purchased another component cable, which also did not work. Back to basics, read the [5-year old] DVD instruction book and learned the DVD menu had to be set to "component" output to work but unable to access DVD menu with the component cords connected. Thus, had to reconnect in composite to access DVD menu to change output to component so TV would recognize component hookup. Now, all is well, although out about 3 hours in time including a trip to Target and Radio Shack. Will consider Mediabridge for HDMI hookup when needed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Mediabridge Component Cable - OK by Me, February 15, 2011
G. H. (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
Read previous reviews before making decision. I used the cable both for a DVD/VCR combo on my parents Sony 55" LED and a DVD/VCR recorder on my Sony 52" LCD. Both appear to be working without any problems. Nice quality wrap and craftsmanship IMO. I enjoy my movies and music (being a musician and computer geek) but I have never really been able to tell a huge difference between high end cables and a lower cost alternative such as these Mediabridge cables. I am not a true audiophile but for my eyes and ears in a basic surround sound, hi-def setup, these cables did not disappoint.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality and Speed, February 23, 2009
Very High-quality cable at a very reasonably price. Shipping and delivery were very quick.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for the money, June 3, 2009
In short: well manufactured and well finished, good looking: a clear color for every function; very resistant connectors, a good quality main cable with good casted plastic terminations. Flawless quality of audio and video. Why did I buy it? 1) To reduce the cable mess below my wall mounted plasma, and 2) to send progressive video from my DVDR.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch quality cable! Look no further, this is the one, November 21, 2012
This review is from: Mediabridge Component Video Cables with Audio (12 Feet) - Gold Plated RCA to RCA - Supports 1080i (Personal Computers)
I've used many brands of cables over the years for various installations, including professional installs for audio and video equipment. And unless you want to spend unnecessary amounts of money for no apparent reason most cables are created equal. <-- ie. department store crap. Sure there are extreme quality cables with gold and oversized wire but do you really need those? No, not usually!

Okay so for about 4 dollars more than a cheap, made-in-some-other-country department store 3 conductor cable you can be proud to own this gem. Made from high quality molded RCA connectors, molded cabling and loomed assembly with decent gauge wire. Some great stuff from Mediabridge! NOTE, you can't find 12 foot length 5 conductor component cable in any of the typical stores. You know the ones, RS, BB, Wallyworld, etc.

Look no further and when you need other cables grab one from Mediabridge! By the way, this is made in the USA so what are you waiting for?!

5.0 out of 5 stars No need to go elsewhere - stick with mediabridge, May 2, 2013
J. A. Zaentz (Chicago, IL United States) - See all my reviews
Two years ago I switched to HDMI for my comcast cable/dvd/computer connection to our TV. The DVD player and the computer have worked flawlessly (with mediabridge cables) but the the comcast box (despite 2 swaps) constantly cuts out on the audio. A lot of searching on the web has informed me that this is likely due to the brand and age of my TV (Panasonic Plasma) and that there is NO good HDMI solution. I have resisted the obvious answer of going back to component tooth and nail. I have used component video cables for well over 15 years for computer monitors and other hi-definition displays including my current TV. The cables were always clunky, inflexible, expensive, and ugly. That has all changed. I cannot say enough good things about this cable set. It is flexible, sleek, wrapped in braid that looks clean and professional, gold plated, and the answer I need. Mediabridge makes a very high quality product and I'm sure that these cable will perform for years similar to the other products I have purchased through them. I recommend this to anyone having trouble with HDMI who can use a component video solution.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cables, Great Price, December 2, 2009
These component calbes are awesome! Comparable cables would cost MUCH more at the big box stores. If you need these for a new TV, plan ahead and order them before you get your TV.