5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, excellent price
Published on May 16, 2011 by NeverEnoughToys

3.0 out of 5 stars Haven't actually used it yet; couldn't wait for it ...
Haven't actually used it yet; couldn't wait for it to arrive so I bought a similar in a big retail store on sale close to the same cost so I could connect-up my home theatre system and use it right away.
Published 3 days ago by MikeNJ

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, excellent price, May 16, 2011
This review is from: Mediabridge FLEX Series HDMI Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard] (Personal Computers)
I purchased one of these to enable 3D functionality (HDMI 1.4 required). Since they were inexpensive and advertised as "Ultra Thin", I added two more to the order for my other connections so that I wouldn't have to worry which were 1.3 and which were 1.4. Note that this isn't the first Mediabridge product I've used. All my other cables have been the Mediabridge sleeved versions (8.5mm thick). Since I was very pleased with those, I had high hopes for these.

The cables did not disappoint. They were as thin and flexible as I expected. They have performed flawlessly for me with no apparent noise or drop-outs apparent under direct connect 480i, 1080i, and 1080p 3D sources. I don't have a receiver to use as a source switcher and since the cables are advertised support the Audio Return Channel (ARC), I'll probably use the plasma for source switching and feed the ARC out to an amp instead.

The cables came in the standard Mediabridge packaging - a small thin heavy duty cardboard box with the item name/size on the outside. I appreciate the packaging so that I can keep the spares stacked away and not have to wade through a box of tangled cables to get what I need (ESPECIALLY length). The cables were coiled inside and loosely held that shape. Running my hand down the lenght (to make it warm) got rid of most of the coil as expected. Cable connectors and molding were ideal.

I was concerned about functionality based upon the original negative 1-star review, but for the price and my prior experience with Mediabridge products I figured it was worth the risk. I'm glad I did as the cables have worked out great for me and an exception value at the price compared to other name brands.

My only complaint is that it's currently only available in 6-foot lengths. I'll be on the lookout for thier 3-foot and hopefully 10-foot versions (if they end up manufacturing them).

5.0 out of 5 stars Very thin and flexible, great quality, October 2, 2011
I was looking for HDMI cables for my brand new TV, and ordered 3 different brand cables from Amazon. The 'Ultra-flex' was one of them and i was pleasantly surprised by how THIN & flexible these cables were.

The TV is connected to my PS3 using this cable, and it was cool to see the TV turn on to the proper HDMI channel and switch to 3D mode when the PS3 turned on (and automatically switch into 3D mode since the HD Fury game was in 3D).

I am sure the other 2 types of cables i ordered were also fine in terms of picture quality, BUT their connectors were thick and the cables were unwieldy. So I returned those (paid the restocking fee) and got 2 more of these Ultra-Flex cables.

It would be great if mediabridge made 3-ft and 12-ft lengths also in the ultra-flex series and perhaps different color connectors/cables so that one could differentiate the cables at the back of the TV. That would be a real winner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent HDMI cable. Almost close to Monster., December 11, 2011
Now, I have seven HDMI cables:

1.] The first one was a Belkin High Speed (speed wasn't mentioned) 6 ft. HDMI cable. Purchased in Bangalore.
2.] Second one was Profigold PROV1002, 48 bit color, 2m HDMI cable. Purchased in Bangalore.
3.] AudioQuest Forest HDMI 2m. Purchased in Bangalore.
4.] The cable that came with my Satellite box. I am based in Bangalore.
5.] Belkin 10.2 Gbps high speed, 48 bit deep color, 3D support, 6ft cable. Purchased around 10 months after my first Belkin HDMI and the labels changed. After buying this, I found that the product number written in the cable was the same. Felt little cheated at that point. Purchased in Bangalore.
6.] Mediabridge FLEX Series - 10.2 Gbps, 48 bit deep color. This is the one I am writing this review for - Mediabridge FLEX Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet - (6 Feet) - Category 2 Certified - [Supports ETHERNET, 3D & Audio Return Channel]. I purchased this from Amazon.
7.] Monster Ultimate High Speed HDMI 8ft, 17.5 Gbps+ - Monster Cable Ultimate High Speed Hdmi 1000 HDX 8ft - THX Certified. I purchased this from Amazon.

Few comments before the comparison starts:
- Other than Profigold, each of the cables mentioned are made in China. The Monster, the AudioQuest, the Mediabridge and of course, the Belkin, are all made in China. The Profigold is made in The Netherlands. However, I am not sure about the country of manufacture of the cable that came with my Satellite Box.
- I am NOT sure how being an "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER" and "From MIT" would help put more importance on giving opinion about quality of a product when one actually did not perform a verification of signal processing at Gbps rate, did not analyze the involved network protocols, transmission loss, etc. Simply saying "0" and "1" is very naive way of understanding.
- I am surprised that there are such BIG wars going on over HDMI cables and no agency or organisation did a comprehensive study or testing involving cinema quality streaming data transmission through various HDMI cables with the transmitted data captured in a memory device and comparing them. Everything is left to the viewers and buyer's eyes, ears and confusion. Even the HDMI standard agency is MUM on that!!!
- Many (huge number of) reviews or comments made in amazon, shows that the reviewer did not purchase that item (either from amazon or anywhere else) but they are so sure about how signal processing is done at Gbps speed and hence attempt to comment that any HDMI cable would perform same.
- So, every thing I say here is my perception and my own perception might change in a fourth testing. But I did my own testing three times, each time spending at least one plus hours.

Now the comparison part:

The breaking news - There are differences in picture quality and sound quality in each of the cables involved!!!

I have made four sets. In set I, the members are the Monster and Mediabridge cable. In set II, the members are Belkin and the one came with the Satellite Box. In set III, the members are AudioQuest. Set IV comprises of Profigold PROV1002. Given a true high definition movie, I will be able to tell which set the HDMI cable belongs to!!!

The worst is cables from Set II, i.e. the Belkin High Speed ones and the one came with the Satellite Box. There are wither color loss or unnatural coloring in the images.

Set III - Pictures coming out of AudioQuest are excellent but cables belonging to Set IV (Profigold) and Set I (Monster, Mediabridge), are better than AudioQuest.

Set IV and Set I has a tough competition, i.e. Mediabridge, Monster Ultimate High Speed and Profigold PROV1002 are all capable of producing superb, ultimate quality pictures.

Between Mediabridge and Monster, I think the Monster would be marginally better in picture quality and better in sound quality. But this is a perception that I would not bank on next time, if I know that I can buy this Mediabridge cable for around $10.

Finally, according to me, the Profigold PROV1002 is better than any HDMI cable that I have. And hence, I have connected this cable to my 50 inch Panasonic TH-P50VT20D Telivision from my Yamaha AV receiver RX-A800 Yamaha RX-A800 7.1-Channel Audio/Video Receiver (Black), purchased this November 2011, during Black Friday. And for my main Blu-Ray player, which I plan to use for most audio visual experiences, I have connected it through the Monster Ultimate High Speed HDMI cable into the Yamaha RX-A800.

I am using this Mediabridge FLEX series High Speed HDMI cable to connect my Satellite Box to AV Receiver (RX-A800).

For a third media player, I will use AudioQuest. By the way, I checked that Profigold does not have a distributor in the North America and hence, probably all HDMI cables in US or Canada might be "Made in China", as this Mediabridge HDMI cable is also. But while thinking what could have differentiated the better ones even if they were "Made in China", I feel that testing is a very important part of the manufacturing. I purchased this Mediabridge product mostly by seeing the testing certificate that Mediabridge has obtained or earned from certain agency in Sunnyvale (did not check if that agency is fake or real, but cable's performance is real and there for me to see all through out). Equally, Monster also has two major industry agencies, testing and certifying their product and no doubt produce very high quality HDMI cables. However, for Profigold, I did not see any testing or certification, though works best for me.

At the end, I would like to emphasize the extremely high value for money for this Mediabridge HDMI cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cables, October 5, 2011
I was not sure if these cables would be as good as advertised but they are positive proof that "bigger" does not necessarily mean "better".

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, July 16, 2011
When I first saw this product, I was skeptical. I bought a couple to try and am now ordering more to replace all of my HDMI cables. This is my experience:

First, right out of the packaging you can see and feel that it is very durable.
I was viewing a show from my HD DVR. I was using a bulky, expensive Monster HDMI cable. I was observing many glitches/artifacts on the TV. I decided to go ahead and try out my new cable. After replacing the other cable with this one from Mediabridge, I viewed the same show. It was a world of difference. Perfect screen, no glitches or artifacts. Just crystal clear. I did not ever realize that this was being caused by the cable.

This cable is also better for installation. It is very thin, less than a 1/4" in diameter and very flexible. The other HDMI cables are so bulky and stiff so they don't really like bending to fit my needs. This new cable will go in any direction I need.

I fully recommend this product. My only wish is that they would offer this cable in different lengths, not that excess length impacts space considerations. A shorter length would just be a "cleaner" install in some instances.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cables. Not sure which is better? Flex or Ultra?, June 6, 2012
Ordered both a flex cable and and ultra cable to compare. Visually on screen as of now I cannot see a difference. From my research, the lower the gauge the better the cable. But since these are short length cables, there won't be much or any signal loss. Flex Cables are 34 AWG, and the Ultra is 28 AWG. Cant go wrong with either cable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, November 2, 2011
The Mediabridge FLEX Series cables seem to be very well made and contribute to the excellent picture on the TVs in our bedroom and kitchen. I appreciated the "flex" aspect for my kitchen installation, i.e. small TV and small counter top space. I just rolled up the extra cable and wrapped it with a plastic tie. Finally, I would definitely purchase these cables again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best product, best price!, October 3, 2011
Capt. James T. Kirk (San Francisco Bay Area) - See all my reviews
The cables are of excellent quality and the price for what you get is great. The cables give solid performance. When I need other audio/visual cables, I would not hesitate to check out Mediabridge products first.

5.0 out of 5 stars You get much more than you pay for!, February 4, 2013
I was really nicely surprised by the high quality of the MediaBridge Flex Series HDMI cables, so much so that I have since ordered and received 3 more (two 3ft cables and a 1ft as the output cable for my HDMI Switcher box) and am in the process of replacing all of my old HDMI cables with them, even a Monster Cable. The thin, extremely flexible cables are comparable to the high-end brand-name cables, look so much neater than the thick, rigidly uncooperative ones and the flexibilty means that lighter devices like my Apple TV stay flat where I put them and they are much easier to organize, hide and coil up for storage. They "click" in to ports cleanly and with just the right amount of snugness. Not so tight as to make plugging and unplugging them a difficult, two-handed operation (and causing one to worry that one might be damaging something in the process), but tight enough so there is no wobble or wiggle in the port ensuring there is always a constant "full" connection.

I feel they are just as good as, if not better than even my Monster cables and I would highly recommend them to anyone needing a 6ft or shorter HDMI cable. They make the Flex Series up to 10ft length, but reduction in signal and resolution/image quality starts to become more of a reality in a cable this thin when you get to the 8-10ft length. It may still be ok, but personally I would recommend the heavier Mediabridge High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet (10 ft) - Ultra Series - Supports Ethernet, 3D, and Audio Return [Newest Standard] if you need something over 6ft.

NOTE: Something that doesn't seem to be in the descriptions for these Mediabridge cables is that they come with plastic protectors that cover each end. It is a very nice high quality addition to an already great product. I have put the plastic caps on the cables that have been replaced as they will provide nice protection to the connectors and are good for storing with.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cables., April 25, 2012
I ordered 5 of these HDMI cables and I'm very pleased.

I also love the green color.

On all of my cables there were 2 sharp rubber nobs sticking out at the base of the HDMI plug probably from the machine that made them.

To remove the nobs I used my fingernail.