I purchased one of these to enable 3D functionality (HDMI 1.4 required). Since they were inexpensive and advertised as "Ultra Thin", I added two more to the order for my other connections so that I wouldn't have to worry which were 1.3 and which were 1.4. Note that this isn't the first Mediabridge product I've used. All my other cables have been the Mediabridge sleeved versions (8.5mm thick). Since I was very pleased with those, I had high hopes for these.

The cables did not disappoint. They were as thin and flexible as I expected. They have performed flawlessly for me with no apparent noise or drop-outs apparent under direct connect 480i, 1080i, and 1080p 3D sources. I don't have a receiver to use as a source switcher and since the cables are advertised support the Audio Return Channel (ARC), I'll probably use the plasma for source switching and feed the ARC out to an amp instead.

The cables came in the standard Mediabridge packaging - a small thin heavy duty cardboard box with the item name/size on the outside. I appreciate the packaging so that I can keep the spares stacked away and not have to wade through a box of tangled cables to get what I need (ESPECIALLY length). The cables were coiled inside and loosely held that shape. Running my hand down the lenght (to make it warm) got rid of most of the coil as expected. Cable connectors and molding were ideal.

I was concerned about functionality based upon the original negative 1-star review, but for the price and my prior experience with Mediabridge products I figured it was worth the risk. I'm glad I did as the cables have worked out great for me and an exception value at the price compared to other name brands.

My only complaint is that it's currently only available in 6-foot lengths. I'll be on the lookout for thier 3-foot and hopefully 10-foot versions (if they end up manufacturing them).
88 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 2, 2011
I was looking for HDMI cables for my brand new TV, and ordered 3 different brand cables from Amazon. The 'Ultra-flex' was one of them and i was pleasantly surprised by how THIN & flexible these cables were.

The TV is connected to my PS3 using this cable, and it was cool to see the TV turn on to the proper HDMI channel and switch to 3D mode when the PS3 turned on (and automatically switch into 3D mode since the HD Fury game was in 3D).

I am sure the other 2 types of cables i ordered were also fine in terms of picture quality, BUT their connectors were thick and the cables were unwieldy. So I returned those (paid the restocking fee) and got 2 more of these Ultra-Flex cables.

It would be great if mediabridge made 3-ft and 12-ft lengths also in the ultra-flex series and perhaps different color connectors/cables so that one could differentiate the cables at the back of the TV. That would be a real winner.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 27, 2015
Had just purchased new high-end Sony equipment: XBR55" TV, CTL370 Soundbar, and DVD player. Ordered 3 of these to link them together along with a new cable box, since new Sony equipment has some cool features (using control-HDMI and ARC) to make operation seamless. Spent almost three hours on the phone with Sony tech support trying to determine why sound was sometimes muting and pictures weren't appearing consistently when switching inputs. Eventually, we all thought either the new TV or the new Soundbar was defective. Just for the heck of it, I went to Best Buy and bought (very overpriced) Monster Cable HDMI cables. To my shock, it solved everything. More surprising, it wasn't just ONE of these Mediabridge cables that wasn't working properly. So if you NEED true hi-speed and CERTIFIED ARC (audio return channel), you'll save yourself a lot of expensive time looking somewhere else. And yes, I know all the reviews were/are 5-star... which is why I bought them in the first place.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 11, 2011
Now, I have seven HDMI cables:

1.] The first one was a Belkin High Speed (speed wasn't mentioned) 6 ft. HDMI cable. Purchased in Bangalore.
2.] Second one was Profigold PROV1002, 48 bit color, 2m HDMI cable. Purchased in Bangalore.
3.] AudioQuest Forest HDMI 2m. Purchased in Bangalore.
4.] The cable that came with my Satellite box. I am based in Bangalore.
5.] Belkin 10.2 Gbps high speed, 48 bit deep color, 3D support, 6ft cable. Purchased around 10 months after my first Belkin HDMI and the labels changed. After buying this, I found that the product number written in the cable was the same. Felt little cheated at that point. Purchased in Bangalore.
6.] Mediabridge FLEX Series - 10.2 Gbps, 48 bit deep color. This is the one I am writing this review for - Mediabridge FLEX Series - High Speed HDMI Cable With Ethernet - (6 Feet) - Category 2 Certified - [Supports ETHERNET, 3D & Audio Return Channel]. I purchased this from Amazon.
7.] Monster Ultimate High Speed HDMI 8ft, 17.5 Gbps+ - Monster Cable Ultimate High Speed Hdmi 1000 HDX 8ft - THX Certified. I purchased this from Amazon.

Few comments before the comparison starts:
- Other than Profigold, each of the cables mentioned are made in China. The Monster, the AudioQuest, the Mediabridge and of course, the Belkin, are all made in China. The Profigold is made in The Netherlands. However, I am not sure about the country of manufacture of the cable that came with my Satellite Box.
- I am NOT sure how being an "ELECTRICAL ENGINEER" and "From MIT" would help put more importance on giving opinion about quality of a product when one actually did not perform a verification of signal processing at Gbps rate, did not analyze the involved network protocols, transmission loss, etc. Simply saying "0" and "1" is very naive way of understanding.
- I am surprised that there are such BIG wars going on over HDMI cables and no agency or organisation did a comprehensive study or testing involving cinema quality streaming data transmission through various HDMI cables with the transmitted data captured in a memory device and comparing them. Everything is left to the viewers and buyer's eyes, ears and confusion. Even the HDMI standard agency is MUM on that!!!
- Many (huge number of) reviews or comments made in amazon, shows that the reviewer did not purchase that item (either from amazon or anywhere else) but they are so sure about how signal processing is done at Gbps speed and hence attempt to comment that any HDMI cable would perform same.
- So, every thing I say here is my perception and my own perception might change in a fourth testing. But I did my own testing three times, each time spending at least one plus hours.

Now the comparison part:

The breaking news - There are differences in picture quality and sound quality in each of the cables involved!!!

I have made four sets. In set I, the members are the Monster and Mediabridge cable. In set II, the members are Belkin and the one came with the Satellite Box. In set III, the members are AudioQuest. Set IV comprises of Profigold PROV1002. Given a true high definition movie, I will be able to tell which set the HDMI cable belongs to!!!

The worst is cables from Set II, i.e. the Belkin High Speed ones and the one came with the Satellite Box. There are wither color loss or unnatural coloring in the images.

Set III - Pictures coming out of AudioQuest are excellent but cables belonging to Set IV (Profigold) and Set I (Monster, Mediabridge), are better than AudioQuest.

Set IV and Set I has a tough competition, i.e. Mediabridge, Monster Ultimate High Speed and Profigold PROV1002 are all capable of producing superb, ultimate quality pictures.

Between Mediabridge and Monster, I think the Monster would be marginally better in picture quality and better in sound quality. But this is a perception that I would not bank on next time, if I know that I can buy this Mediabridge cable for around $10.

Finally, according to me, the Profigold PROV1002 is better than any HDMI cable that I have. And hence, I have connected this cable to my 50 inch Panasonic TH-P50VT20D Telivision from my Yamaha AV receiver RX-A800 Yamaha RX-A800 7.1-Channel Audio/Video Receiver (Black), purchased this November 2011, during Black Friday. And for my main Blu-Ray player, which I plan to use for most audio visual experiences, I have connected it through the Monster Ultimate High Speed HDMI cable into the Yamaha RX-A800.

I am using this Mediabridge FLEX series High Speed HDMI cable to connect my Satellite Box to AV Receiver (RX-A800).

For a third media player, I will use AudioQuest. By the way, I checked that Profigold does not have a distributor in the North America and hence, probably all HDMI cables in US or Canada might be "Made in China", as this Mediabridge HDMI cable is also. But while thinking what could have differentiated the better ones even if they were "Made in China", I feel that testing is a very important part of the manufacturing. I purchased this Mediabridge product mostly by seeing the testing certificate that Mediabridge has obtained or earned from certain agency in Sunnyvale (did not check if that agency is fake or real, but cable's performance is real and there for me to see all through out). Equally, Monster also has two major industry agencies, testing and certifying their product and no doubt produce very high quality HDMI cables. However, for Profigold, I did not see any testing or certification, though works best for me.

At the end, I would like to emphasize the extremely high value for money for this Mediabridge HDMI cable.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on October 5, 2011
I was not sure if these cables would be as good as advertised but they are positive proof that "bigger" does not necessarily mean "better".
on July 16, 2011
When I first saw this product, I was skeptical. I bought a couple to try and am now ordering more to replace all of my HDMI cables. This is my experience:

First, right out of the packaging you can see and feel that it is very durable.
I was viewing a show from my HD DVR. I was using a bulky, expensive Monster HDMI cable. I was observing many glitches/artifacts on the TV. I decided to go ahead and try out my new cable. After replacing the other cable with this one from Mediabridge, I viewed the same show. It was a world of difference. Perfect screen, no glitches or artifacts. Just crystal clear. I did not ever realize that this was being caused by the cable.

This cable is also better for installation. It is very thin, less than a 1/4" in diameter and very flexible. The other HDMI cables are so bulky and stiff so they don't really like bending to fit my needs. This new cable will go in any direction I need.

I fully recommend this product. My only wish is that they would offer this cable in different lengths, not that excess length impacts space considerations. A shorter length would just be a "cleaner" install in some instances.
on August 18, 2012
Too often standard cables are too long. This works for connecting two components stacked together. Have only just got it, works great but can't comment on longevity / reliability.
on August 26, 2012
I had never used Mediabridge before, but the quality seems great. I have used 1', 3', 6', 8', 12', 15' and 35' in my new installation and all lengths work as expected, all have nice packaging (that makes you feel like you are getting a quality product), and I have seen no issues with signal loss or degradation. I have had some problems with cheap HDMI cables, but Mediabridge shows no signs of trouble and I am, months into this project now, very satisfied with my decision and purchase.
on October 17, 2012
I bought a selection of their cables, and all of them seem to work as described so far. As for longevity that I can not attest to. If I have a problem with them down the road I will update this review. Their shipping was very fast, and the packaging was also very good. Hopefully their product will last a long time. So far it is a top rated company for me.
on June 7, 2012
Ordered both a flex cable and and ultra cable to compare. Visually on screen as of now I cannot see a difference. From my research, the lower the gauge the better the cable. But since these are short length cables, there won't be much or any signal loss. Flex Cables are 34 AWG, and the Ultra is 28 AWG. Cant go wrong with either cable.

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations