Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on September 22, 2010
I wanted to give this cable FIVE stars. The cable exudes QUALITY. The connector boots and cable are substantial, yet the cable's rubberized jacket is flexible. The folks at MediaBridge are TOP NOTCH and actually return phone calls! (Try contacting the MANUFACTURER of one of the myriad "two-dollar" PVC cables. Good luck!) However, the rubberized boot on the mini-HDMI side of the cable is, unfortunately, a bit TOO substantial. On my camera (as with with many other cameras) the mini-HDMI port is RECESSED behind a protective cover. You remove the cover to access the recessed port. Unfortunately, the boot on the mini-HDMI end of the cable is too thick to squeeze into the notched, recessed opening of the camera's female mini-HDMI port.

HOWEVER, I was still able to use the cable. I simply used an exacto knife to trim off a sliver of the boot (...a couple millimeters). Voila! It works perfectly now and the gold plated connectors fit snugly; no loose connections! Although it's only 30AWG, output is flawless... and the fifteen (15) foot length is awesome. I can now sit an ample distance from a big screen TV, while controlling my connected camera.

Interestingly, one of the other reviewers complained that they had difficulty getting the cable to remain properly seated. My guess is that the cable is not completely inserted into a recessed mini-HDMI port, because the rubber boot is obstructing complete insertion.

I spoke with MediaBridge, and they welcomed the feedback. Perhaps we'll see a revision in the future?

In the interim, if your mini-HDMI port is "flush" with your camera's body, this is a great cable (and length) to purchase. If your camera's mini-HDMI port is recessed, you may need to modify the cable boot with an exacto knife or dremel tool (...or roll the dice with an alternative cable).
The Mediabridge 5' Mini-HDMI to HDMI cable is a well made and solid cable. This cable worked flawlessly to connect my HD Video Camera to my HD TV at 1080i (highest supported by my camera). The price was reasonable for a cable of this quality.

Recommended for the price and functionality of this cable.

****Updated September 9, 2009****
Would update rating to 5 stars - Mediabridge contacted me about my cable that was sent without filters and replaced it at no cost. That is seriously good customer service!
on February 15, 2009
I purchased this product to use with my Canon VIXIA HG20 AVCHD 60 GB HDD Camcorder with 12x Optical Zoom. The connection is solid and the cable is sturdy.
on June 5, 2009
This is a very sturdy and well made cable. Hooked up my Flip Ultra HD camcorder to a HD LCD TV and the picture was perfect. As another has mentioned the cable is stout but the five foot length makes it easy to use so its not an issue to me. This seems like a quality item and should last a long time with normal use.
on May 27, 2011
Bought this for my Camcorder. I needed the extra length and I have other mediabridge cables
and they all work great.
You save a lot buying from Amazon over retail stores. I wanted the Amazon Cable but it was
backordered for 12 weeks so this was a couple bucks more.
The only thing I don't care for and is that when the camcorder is plugged into the cable
the weight of the cable pulls down on the camcorders internal plug.
I solved this by using velcro on the tripod to hold the cable up.
I think it's the weight of the ferrite cores that causes this.
At least it's an easy fix. Also the plug on the Mini end is a bit big it would be nice if
it was smaller like the full size end.
on September 13, 2009
Given that many retailers sell Mini-HDMI to HDMI cables for well over thirty bucks, most people may wonder about the quality of this particular item. Relax - it is a reliable product and the price makes it even better. I've been using it for two weeks constantly with my Sony High Def Camcorder and I am pleased.

The 10 ft length means that I can use the camcorder controls from a comfortable seating position instead of crouching by the TV before because the cord was too short. However, this cord takes up quite a bit of space rolled up (8" in diameter and 2" thick) in a camera bag, and for the sake of travel convenience (especially with a compact kit) I would recommend the 6 ft Mini-HDMI to HDMI version. In fact, I keep the 10 ft permanently connected to my TV / AV Receiver and stash the 6 footer in a Lowepro - Edit 140 camcorder bag, which I also recommend.
on March 8, 2011
It is what it is, a cable. It works as stated, and does it well. I have no issues transmitting 3D blu ray to my TV from the mini HDMI port on my video card. Don't waste money on monster cables, these work the same and 1/10th the cost.
on December 7, 2013
Bought this to project movies from my Hisense Sero 7 Pro tablet to our tv. At first, I had problems, but that was probably our fault. When my husband hooked it up to HDMI3, it did not project. I don't know if he just didn't push the plug all the way in (the connection is behind our tv) but when I tried it myself on HDMI2, it worked beautifully. I am very pleased with this company. I have received 2 emails from them asking me to contact them if I have any problems. Great customer support and my husband and I are very pleased with the picture it brings to our screen. The 15 foot cable length is great so that we can keep the tablet on the couch and use it as a remote.
on June 26, 2015
Awesome cable. I buy Mediabridge cables whenever possible. They are the best cable for the price available. Don't believe the Monster hype. These are spectacular. I used to buy the Ultra series, but these Flex series are great and I prefer them now. signal quality is every bit as good as the Ultra and the flexibility and light weight is a bonus when you're trying to route a bunch of cables in a small space or around tight corners.
VINE VOICEon January 28, 2013
I use my LCD TV as a 40" computer monitor, but I used to have to cram my mid height tower behind the television where heat was generated by everything attached to the TV, and the TV itself. Then there was actually using the PC in this location. Wireless keyboards and mice could be dodgy at the distance between the TV/PC and the sofa. Only Bluetooth worked, and it would occasionally disconnect/reconnect at the worst moments. When I tried to go back to wired input devices, my dog would knock my keyboard cable, or gaming headset out, and nearly damage my USB ports in the process.

I was resigned to sit hunched over a small monitor, or crowded up, bug-eyed, to the huge TV in order to use it (sort of) the way I intended. Then I got a new video card, and it had a mini HDMI port on the back and supported audio output...

The maniacal laugh that bubbled out of me at this revelation was cartoon-quality: I would run a single HDMI cable around the living room to connect the TV to the PC (now neatly tucked under a side table near the sofa). I was about to re-take my own living room, freeing it from cable clutter!

I would need a HDMI v1.4 cable, Category 2, male to male, 15', connector type A to type C. You'd think that was fairly specific, and not hard to find. So many listings on line don't tell you what they are, or leave you guessing. This one told me just what I needed and came in the length I needed. The only thing that would have made me a happier camper is if the cable came in 20' lengths. I would have routed it a little differently behind the furniture.

Amazon also delivered at near instant gratification speeds because it showed up on my doorstep the following morning after ordering it at 3:00 Saturday afternoon. Which is good, because no local store in my area carried anything close to what I needed.

So - if you have need of a great HDMI cable, thumb your nose at those Monster Cable clowns (who will charge you $60 for a 6' cable!) and get one of these. It's working great!