Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM

on September 18, 2009
I just bought a printer, and as usual, there was no USB cable accompanying it. I looked around for USB cables that were around 6 to 10 feet long because the location of my printer is some way from my laptop. This was one of the most affordable ones that I found and it worked without a hitch. Customers buying USB printer connection cables need to find out if the connection requires a male and female contact point (most of the time it is the case), which is exactly what this cable provides. As expected, when I started printing, scanning, and faxing from my computer, all went well.

I also want to make a small comment about the delivery. I expected this product arrive in the Amazon brown box with the cable in a plastic bag thrown within it. The delivery service was actually great from Amazon, and for better insulation and protection, the cable was shipped in a fitting Mediabridge box within the Amazon brown box. So, unlike some third-party sellers on Amazon, I think that its worth highlighting this to other fellow online shoppers about such positive collateral delivery benefits if purchasing from Mediabridge through Amazon. Hope you found this review useful.
22 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 6, 2009
Great usb cable, great contruction, good lenght and best of all it works! lol!
No problems, no issues, just plug it in the printer and your set!
on February 5, 2016
I use this cable to connect my Macbook Pro to my HP Laser Printer.

This is a high quality cable. It's not cheaply build and has gold connectors. This is likely the highest quality cable you're going to get for the price. If you were to buy this at a store, you'd pay $30-40
on May 18, 2016
Mediabridge USB 2.0 - A Male to B Male Cable (10 Feet) - High-Speed with Gold-Plated Connectors - Black - (Part# 30-001-10B ) I use these cables in my recording studio to power a variety of devices. I use these on my USB Keyboard, 2X4 USB Interface, Printers, etc. The build quality is great and should perform for a long time.
review image
on January 28, 2016
I am using this USB cable with an Audioquest Jitterbug and Schiit Audio Modi 2 Uber DAC for my laptop music listening and have experienced tremendous results. The cable itself is high quality, like all the other Mediabridge I have purchased in the past. Its shielding jacket is thick, the gold connectors fit nicely into the Jitterbug and Modi, and my music sounds great. USB audio can be tricky sometimes with noise, interference, and jitter, but with my setup, none of those things have been an issue. With that in mind, if you plan to use this cable for regular data only (e.g. printing documents, scanning, or using other peripherals), I would expect similar top-notch results. I highly recommend this well priced, high performance cable and other Mediabridge products as well.
on January 17, 2015
but that's it. Perhaps I got a defective cable. A couple things to note: 1. As others have indicated, cable received not gold plated. Not a deal breaker for me but the vendor should update the ad. 2. This cable is off-spec, the "B" end WAY too loose. Other cables including the ones thrown in with battery backups (other "cheapos") work just fine with same device. 3. This cable not only did NOT work, it caused my $80 hub to malfunction - possibly a short. As at least one other reviewer mentioned, drivers needed to be reinstalled on my high-end PC. Once again, looks like I may have simply received a defective cable, especially in light of the overwhelming numbers of good reviews but I shall not purchase a cable from this company again. Having said this however it appears that increasingly, buying things of this nature is becoming a hit or miss proposition. And yes, while at a computer store last night to purchase a USB cable that WOULD work, I also stood on line to return another cable (HDMI from famous brand "B") that was also defective. I use a lot of cables, the recent ones have been much more prone to defect. I'm happy for the majority of you where this $5 cable did work but after my experience I'd happily pay another 50% for better QA and manufacturing.
on August 25, 2015
I received this thing in the mail, a few days ago. I was amazed by the quality of the packaging, a brown bubble embedded envelope, inside the most amazing long black thing with different types of metal ends fused right into the snake looking like rope. At first, I thought, what is this? Is someone trying to play a trick on me. One of the metal ends had a hole in it. And in the hole, there was a small plastic channel. Hmmmm....what must this mean? The other end, had several metal prongs, separated by what seemed to be the same type of plastic channel end. What would a person use this thing for.....well, I tried hanging clothes on it...but it was too thick for that....could it be a weapon, instead? A whip like device, with your choice of what end to use to hit with. But it wouldn't be very effective. SO I discussed this with my neighbor. She had an ingenious ideal....she thought that maybe it could be used on a phone...but neither end would fit on anything on our phone. So, why or who could be sending this to us. We checked the shipping label...it was my address on it, and it was from Amazon.....oh wait....Amazon....I ordered a printer cable.....could this be it? Na.....it is missing all the 50 Centronics pins, that makes up a parallel Asynchronous shielded cable. This thing only has 5 pins. But now I get it.....I know what USB stands for, U son of a B 2.0. Oh it worked. Nevermind.
on November 18, 2015
One day at work, I needed to having something scanned and emailed. The one girl who has an all-in-one printer/scanner, etc had already left for the day. However, I remembered that we had a scanner in our copier so had to do a little rearranging of things and got things hooked up and Ta-Da! it worked!! So I purchased this cable to reach from my work computer to the copier/scanner that's across the room so I wouldn't have to rearrange every time I needed to use the scanner.

I got the cable, hooked the usb to my computer and the other end to the printer/scanner machine and it worked.
on July 27, 2016
This is awesome. It allows me to have my printer on the other side of the room on top of a cart as I dont have room on my desk. I thought there would be some slowdown with the length of this cable but to be honest I dont notice and delay. I even tested it with my phone's stop watch... virtually no delay. I will be buying a couple of more so that I can get more stuff off my desk. LOL
on September 25, 2015
Works well and as expected. Mediabridge stands behind their quality cables and other quality computer devices and accessories. They also responded to my 'question filled' email in a timely manner; I remember it to be the following day. It is the user's responsibility to order and purchase the correct cable(s), etc., if however help is needed, their tech support team is only a phone call or email away. I do recommend Mediabridge as a reputable company/source for your electronic devices, USB cables, and connection needs. Amazon has teamed up with a quality supplier.