Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

on October 30, 2013
I am a long distance runner usually logging 10-25 miles a week and I've had a few dozen other armbands that have fallen apart over time. I'm a small 5'4 woman and every single armband I've ever had was too big and I constantly had to adjust them. This one has really strong velcro, I'd almost rather slide it down my arm than try to undo the velcro. The phone is not inside a plastic case in this one which makes it really easy to change songs, volume, check your distance, etc. I can't recommend this armband enough!
66 comments|169 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 29, 2014
My first day using this, after my run I ripped it off and swore it off forever. I decided I'd buy a hydration belt or even build my own with a sock.

However, I gave it another shot on my next run. I had to position it slightly higher than it recommends because I have funny arms, and I made sure it was tight enough to hold: Snug enough that you unfortunately feel its weight and constriction, but not so tight it turns into a tourniquet.

I kept perceiving that it was slipping down my arm so I went to fidget with it only to find it had not moved. I realized that the sensation of pulling down was actually the phone bobbing around. It bobs like a greased watermelon refuses to sink underwater despite someone's best efforts. Yet, it stays put.

For 100% peace of mind you may want to go with an armband that has the phone case integrated fully into the belt. Otherwise, this is cheap and stays put, what more can you ask for?

ETA: I had no issues with sweat ruining my phone. And I sweat a lot. I also run in the "Deep South", with humidity and heat indexes ranging past 100F. Phone is working fine and completely sweat free save the interior of the armband against my skin and this is after 70+ minute runs.
on May 7, 2014
The MediaBridge Sport Armband is nice and comfortable.

Pros: I'm not a small guy and it fits my arm with room to spare. The phone case is nice, just a silicone case that holds the phone. With an open window I can tough my screen easily - they even included a screen protector, which I applied easily, and now I'm confident I won't scratch it.

Con: My only caveat is that with a slim case already on my phone (iPhone 4 in a Amazon Basics Protective TPU Case http://amzn.to/1mCtodM), it will slip into the silicone case on the armband, but I think the MediaBridge silicone case was designed as a primary case for the phone itself (expecting me to remove my case and use there's instead). It will fit with my case still on the phone, but it's a little awkward. It would've been nice if it were molded to fit a phone that already had a case on it, without having to remove it.

Read: You don't have to remove your case, unless it's too big (like an OtterBox or a Mophie, then you would definitely need to remove it), but if you phone is in a slim case, it may fit just fine since the silicone flexes to wrap snuggly around the phone's shape.

My two cents: It's made well and fits comfortably. I am concerned the silicone material will breakdown within a year and tear or snap as I stretch it to put the phone into it, and take it out of it, on run days. Not sure how heat and sweat will affect the life of the silicone, if it will dry out and crack over time. But, time will tell. For $10, it does the job, for sure.
on July 5, 2014
Perfect for distance running. Phone doesn't get sweaty, the band doesn't slide or chafe. It's wonderful! Been using it for months now with no issues. And it's machine washable and doesn't get worn out when washed.
on April 10, 2014
I rarely am 100% satisfied with a purchase. This armband is perfect. It fits super well and is comfortable and I totally didn't know that you could keep the case on the phone ever when you're not exercising/when it's not attached to the band! I have been needing a new cover anyways. I still can't believe this is $10. I would recommend this to everyone!
on June 25, 2014
No fighting with the armband to get your iPhone in and out each time, yet the armband holds the phone securely. Company is responsive if you have any questions or need product support.
on December 15, 2014
Won't fit a phone that's already cased. But, wouldn't be such a bad standalone case with the addition of a screen protector. The armband would then attach and unattached pretty easily. Wouldn't be such a bad use for it. Maybe I'll keep it and get a screen protector.
on December 15, 2014
I had a Mediabridge armband for my iPod Nano and was somewhat neutral at the overall performance but since the part of the product that holds the iPod itself was well made I decided to look at their armband for my iPhone, which I wanted to use for the GPS function while running. Unfortunately the armband allowed the device to flop around fairly excessively unless tightened to a nearly uncomfortable level. This would have been marginally acceptable except for the fact that once the armband was tightened to a certain point the "O" or "D" shaped ring rotates in such a manner that the armband is no longer tight - a major issue mid-run. The iPod version is light enough that this is not a major issue but in order to tighten the iPhone version enough to hold the device still during activity it results in the armband extending due to the rotation of the "O" ring.

Unfortunately I waited too long to return it (my fault) so I am stuck with it. Maybe I can sew the "O" ring into a fixed position to prevent rotation.
on August 13, 2015
My husband got this b/c of the reviews and his old one broke. When he got it, he was really weirded out by the fact it didn't have anything to protect the screen - he thought for sure the phone would fall out. But it didn't...he made it through his 9 mile runs just fine and had no issues. It was actually easier to work the phone during the run b/c there was no screen.
However, sometimes, b/c we live in MN, the runs when it was very cold, like 30 degrees, did mess up his phone. But I can't blame this thing for that - who runs in that weather anyway! =)
Good option; I'd totally get it again.
on September 14, 2015
I've had quite a few i-phone straps for working out. This design is superior by some distance. Even if the adjustable velcro strap is too small, it's sturdy elastic, so I didn't even have to adjust it to fit. It's very easy to get the phone in and out of the bendable case, although I can see the plastic eventually giving way.

I was worried about no rain-proof protection when using this on my bicycle, but this case/strap came with a very durable screen cover. Nice touch!

(My phone is an i-phone 4c)