Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mediabridge 3.5mm Male to 2-Male RCA Adapter (6 Feet) - Step Down Design - (Part# MPC-35-2XRCA-6 )
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on October 31, 2011
I was impressed wih these MediaBridge cables. One of the weaknesses often found in inexpensive cables is poor connections of the leads in the RCA jacks. When a generic cable is subject to a lot of use, or abuse, the first point of failure is usually at the connector. I unscrewed the barrel of one of the MediaBridge RCA connectors and found the soldered connections to be encased in a hard protective plastic. Although you can't actually see the connection, the plastic surround should work very well in protecting the sensitive connections. Another thing that impressed me was the 3.5mm minijack connector. It's designed to make a tight connection even if you are connecting it to a smartphone with a case. Lastly, the cable itself feels strong and sturdy, but is still very flexible. Highly recommended!!
11 comment| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 13, 2012
It arrived on time, looks great, very tight RCA's, high quality looking parts, nice cable, nice ends.

Possible problem 1 (for some people) RCA being too tight, test fit them 1st before pushing them all the way on. They are so tight (this is a good thing) they may rip out the rca socket on your amp when removing them. If too tight loosen them slightly by prying a bit on slots in the outer ring before pushing the all the way on.<----ONLY a very little to loosen them.

Problem 2: Mini headphone plug had a short in it. Slight feedback hum with no source signal being sent after initial install. With music, right side sounded wrong/low. I wiggled the headphone plug and found that if I twist the cable clockwise in the connector it works fine, counter clockwise and I only get the left channel. Definitely a short between the cable and the 3.5mm plug.

So at that point, to me, it is a 1 star cable, with 5 star components

I put off contacting amazon, and a week later got an email titled "THIS IS A ONE TIME EMAIL from media bridge" or something like that. It was a short thing asking if I was happy with my cables and letting me know that I would get no more emails from them. 800 number on the bottom for cust svc. I called and of course got a voicemail during office hours. I left a message and didn't place much hope in even hearing back from them, let alone getting anything fixed (I am very jaded with anyones' so called "customer service", like spend $15 to send the broken $5 thing to us registered and insured by USPS only and after we verify it with our own techs we will replace it within 8-12 weeks, or other such crap that I have heard 100 times)

SO, very much to my surprise I got a call back in about 90 seconds with a nice girl that spent 5 mins or less with me verifying which cable was bad (I ordered a few and am thrilled the others) and making sure I wasn't an idiot that didn't plug something in. She finished by telling me to throw the bad one away and that a new cable would be in the mail in the morning. WOW, what a pleasant surprise. Add to that it showed up 3 days later, and works great.

And after all that, you have amazon sending me a broken thing that gets 5 stars.
33 comments| 147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2011
I rarely write reviews, but after Mediabridge emailed me, they asked me to rate their product. Impressed with their commitment to quality,I decided I would write a quick review. I use this cable in my car, I hook up my ipod using the headphone jack and run the rca style plugs to my car. The quality is great, I like the gold tipped plugs, double shielding and the cable is good quality. I set my ipod at about 75% and plug it in and use my volume from my car afterwards. Mediabridge makes a fine cable, the price is quite affordable and the quality is superb. Remember, you get what you pay for and if you want to pay 1 dollar for a cable, the audio quality will suffer for it. Also, I use my ipod touch with a otterbox commuter series case and I have no issue at all with the plugs not fitting. The design they advertise does indeed work. Buy and use with confidence.
33 comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2011
Sturdy, well made cable with nice quality connectors. RCA connectors fit very snug, no chance of 'em coming loose. Reasonable price for such a good cable. Will definitely be buying more Mediabridge cables!
review image review image
on December 5, 2011
I replaced a few cables for my stereo system (connected to a computer / laptop), among them were cheap and expensive, and they remained alive for six months. Then began the problem: broken wires and plugs. This cable from Mediabridge is a quality and cheap (surprisingly). Cable itself is sufficiently rigid and durable, but flexible. The plugs are made of metal (not cheap plastic!) And is very durable and reliable! Wires and jacks firmly soldered to the connector and covered with durable rubber (you see this, remove the plug if the screw thread). It is important to note that the plugs are snug against the jacks (RCA) and never fall out of them. There will be no interference, and other troubles. Excellent sound is provided to you! I recommend to buy!

P. S. I apologize for my bad English. I'm from Russia, Siberia and has recently started to learn English :)
on January 4, 2013
The quality of this cable is amazing when compared to "box stores". I did not price compare but I am very happy with the sound quality and construction of this item. I took a photo of Mediabridge cable plugged into my iPhone 4 with an unmodified Speck case... note plenty of clearance for proper plug insertion. Also note the case hole was NOT enlarged (widened). The Mediabridge connector appears to be designed for a cased phone. This is a big plus in my book! I measured the connector for those with different case designs. If it fits your needs you will not be disappointed.

I also purchased the coiled cable model. I would give it the same review as above.
review image
on February 22, 2015
This Mediabridge 3.5 to RCA adapter cable is exactly what I was looking for to replace two older, failing cables in my steed. The RCA jacks fit snug and stay put, are clearly marked and the cable itself feels made of quality materials and is plenty flexible. This is definitely a step up from the equivalent cables you could find at A Certain Now Bankrupt Tech Store or A Certain Big Box Retailer.

The 3.5 mm end is slim in design so it will fit into slightly recessed headphones jacks and connectors like you might find on smartphones and other iDevices. 'Tis not all perfect, though: the 3.5 mm jack itself is pretty long and has a solid housing, so it will poke out a good bit from your device. For my use, though, it's more than adequate and it doesn't feel like it's going to break or fall apart anytime soon.
review image
on February 6, 2014
These cables are pretty great, but is the $12 dollar price tag worth it? You might find similar performance for cheaper elsewhere [ie monoprice].
EDIT: refer to comment to Mediabridge for better clarification. An edit on this review to be more understandable is coming shortly.

My answer is probably no. I completely forgot about Monoprice on Amazon and regret not searching them for this particular cable before I purchased these. Monoprice sells what appears to be the same cable for less than 5 dollars. Here's the link:

The only reason I gave this review 4 stars out of 5 is because of the price. Most people agree that, in general, cables are all pretty much the same. This goes for HDMI cables, audio cables, etc.....

However, these are pretty high quality cables from what I can tell. I'm no cable expert, but the RCA jacks fit snugly onto my inputs of my Polk PSW1O - someone even commented that they are so tight [which is a good thing!] that junk RCA inputs may even get pulled out! I was a little hesitant to plug them into my subwoofer, but this hesitation was quelled by the fact that Polk makes quality products.

OTHER PRODUCTS AND BRANDS ASIDE....this cable is, well, a cable. I highly doubt it was worth the extra 7 dollars to purchase this cable instead of a cheaper alternative, so there's that. If I were to go back in time, I would definitely have purchased the mono price cable over this one.

I think the only thing that really thrilled me about this cable is that it came with a 3.5mm jack cover - something i've never seen before despite having purchased many high end headphones.
review image review image review image
on March 2, 2013
I purchased this cable to hook up my sound bar to my HDTV. I returned the sound bar because the sound coming out sounded like an echo. Mediabridge makes really decent cables for the money. I think their cables stand up to Monster cables which are way to expensive for what you get. I have only had to return one toslink cable that Mediabridge made. This cable is sold and has some good weight to it. The gold tips are nice and makes a really good connection. I have hooked up my iphone, ipod and ipad using this cable with no problem. I will continue to purchase Mediabridge products as I have been very satisfied with their products.
review image review image
on July 28, 2012
I needed a one (12 feet) mini to stereo RCA cable in order to run the audio from the laptop by the couch to the TV. This works well, seems extra heavy-duty, and replaces a bunch of short patch-together cables with what appears to be more solidly build. Works great!