2,109 Reviews
 (1,802)

5.0 out of 5 stars Mediabridge Toslink audio cable
This is the first optical cable I have purchased from Mediabridge but have used 3 of their HDMI cables in various lengths and have had no problems with them.
Published on March 17, 2011 by radar363

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a universal plug size
Although this cable will work well once it is connected, be aware that the plug is larger than most toslink cables and may be too large to fit into the optical socket of your particular device. This cable will NOT fit Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray players; it WILL fit most a/v receivers.
Published on November 23, 2011 by Susie Q

5.0 out of 5 stars Mediabridge Toslink audio cable, March 17, 2011
I have had a few different makes of Toslink cables, but always settled for the lower end versions because of the high cost of name-brand cable. Like almost everything- you get what you pay for- very thin sheathing over the fiber optic and just felt like they would snap at any minute. I had a couple of failures due to moving a component and the cat pulled on one and the fiber snapped inside.
This cable's sheathing is easily 3 times thicker than the low-cost cables and compared to my most expensive cable it is noticeably thicker and also the Toslink connectors seem to be of a higher quality.
I use this between my old DVD player which doesn't have HDMI to connect to my receiver to listen to CDs. I know- why would anyone use that when they have a Blu ray player, XM radio, and their home PC all connected to their home theater system? I'm not sure..cause it still works and I hate to throw it away, maybe.
If you need a digital optical solution to connect your xbox360, your TV if the HDMI doesn't support audio return, or an older CD/DVD/SAT component to your receiver this is what you need.Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft

5.0 out of 5 stars MEDIABRIDGE = TERRIFIC QUALITY and AFFORDABLE PRICE, September 11, 2011
R. Frank (Aiea, Hawaii) - See all my reviews
I purchased this to connect my VIZIO VSB200 Universal HD Sound Bar with my Sony BRAVIA KDL55EX720 55-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV, Black and it works flawlessly. I already have 3 Mediabridge HDMI cables that work great so I knew that I was getting a quality cable for a good price.

Pros:
Easily connects to the S/PDIF inputs on both devices with no loose connections or wiggle room
Excellent sound quality
High quality, sturdy cable and not flimsy
Good connections on the ends so I'm not worried that they will loosen over time
Priced competitively (you can find a lot of overpriced cables online and in stores) The AmazonBasics cable of the same type was a few bucks cheaper but would not ship here to Hawaii for some reason so I bought this and have ZERO regrets.

Cons:
Is a couple dollars more expensive than the AmazonBasics cable which also has good reviews, but not that big of a deal.

*TIP* I had to make sure that I changed my TV audio output to S/PDIF and also change the input on the Vizio Sound Bar to input 3 which is the S/PDIF input since the other 2 inputs are for the regular red/white audio cables. If you don't adjust your sound output and input settings on your devices they might now work properly, but check first before you think the cable is defective.

4.75 stars for being a little more expensive than the other cable but I'd still buy this one again. MediaBridge has never let me down and the sound quality is excellent.

5.0 out of 5 stars ULTRA PREMIUM cables at a reasonable cost!!!, June 30, 2011
This review is from: Mediabridge Toslink Cable (10 Feet) - Optical Digital Audio Cable (Personal Computers)
I'm a PC nerd and now entered the amazing world of Home Theater Systems. I ALWAYS purchase mid to high end hardware, and refuse to use any low end cabling on any of my systems or gadgets! My PC's and hardware are an investment that I demand quality performance from. I have used RCA, Monster, Radio Shack, and Cables-To-Go in the past. When I became an Amazon shopper (Prime Member), I found the Mediabridge cable line. I first purchased only a couple of Mediabridge cables to test as a possible replacement of my existing cables. When I received the Mediabridge cables (RCA's & HDMI), I was initially impressed by their packaging/boxing. To save money & pass the savings on to you, they poly-bag and seal their cables, and then place in a Mediabridge labeled corrugated box to the size of the cable. It did not bother me that their cables were not in a retail type blister pack to make them appear like "quality" out of the box etc.

My first test with their cable(s) was quite impressive! Mediabridge sells ULTRA PREMIUM cables at an affordable price!! My tests went so well, that I have changed ALL OF MY CABLES TO MEDIABRIDGE (if they offer my cable in their line on Amazon)!!! Their HDMI cables are heavy weight with gold plated plugs, and they carry an audio and video signal better than any other cable I have ever used. Their Toslink Optical cables are heavy yet flexible and also carry any audio signal like no other cable I've experienced. Don't hesitate to spend a few extra dollars on their RCA cables! Their RCA line is also a quality/premium product.

In closing I must say again that Mediabridge cables are PREMIUM CABLES at a reasonable price. I just invested LOTS OF $$$ in to a Home Theater System for my bedroom (EVERYTHING PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON), and I'm not going to skimp on the cables that I need. Mediabridge is the way to go! I have already purchased NUMEROUS Mediabridge cables for my systems, and I'm not done yet-I WILL ALWAYS SEARCH THE MEDIABRIDGE LINE BEFORE I BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND CABLE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mediabridge as your cabling source!

Happy Cabling!

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as advertised!, May 5, 2011
kRaZeAzN (Honolulu, HI) - See all my reviews
I purchased the mediabridge hdmi cables a couple months back and had no issues with them. For the price and quality of the hdmi cables, I decided to stick with the mediabridge brand again with these Toslink optical digital audio cable! Hooked it up to my TV and receiver because my tv had no hdmi audio out support. Mediabridge delivers again with these audio cables and I'll be sure to continue recommending and purchasing this brand because of its price and quality!

5.0 out of 5 stars No complaints., November 17, 2012
Daniel DeBerry (brighton, ma United States) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it's supposed to do. For whatever reason, my cable input is at a weird angle on my tv and gravity pulled my previous cable out of the slot. This cable fits snugly in its place and doesn't fall out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, easy and firm, October 29, 2012
I purchased this optical cable to run from an external sound card to a home theater receiver, and it has worked flawlessly in that aspect. Before landing on this cable, I had read reviews for other cables which complained of a loose fit in optical ports on electronics components. As far as I have tested this cable, it does not suffer from that problem. Every connection I have made with it has been extremely snug, with no danger of falling out of the port. I have not had any issues with the signal over this cable either. The only issue I have is that the protective endcaps are not physically attached to the cable, and must be kept track of separately; hardly a hassle.

I would recommend this cable to anyone who needs a cheap, easy, and firm solution to running an optical digital audio signal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a universal plug size, November 23, 2011

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Quality Construction Media Cables and Packing, April 27, 2011
This was my first Mediabridge Purchase...And I have nothing but praise for the products.
This is The Monster Media Cable Maker of the twenty-first century without a Monster Price Gouge!
The Toslink Fiber Optic Cables and HDMI cables received were first grade premium quality items.
Items arrived promptly and Packed like Bang and Olufsen cables in individually sealed boxed packs.
Look No Further... I found these cables to be of the best quality surpassing every expectation!
Inspite of a low price, these items are built well. Will Be back for more.
Just hope they don't raise prices on Amazon. GK in Hanalei Bay.

5.0 out of 5 stars Optical cable works just fine, no issues., December 28, 2011
One previous comment that said they had issues with the length, but there also was a commment added by Mediabridge telling that person to contact them and they would make it right...

That was enough by me to order from them, they shipped the cable fast, it works just fine, and I also recieved an email from the company after receipt asking if all works fine. Great communication, fine product, good price.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Just Works !!!, December 3, 2011
I was a bit hesitant before I ordered this item as it APPEARED like it was WAY Too Large and might not fit into my Google TV Box and Home Theater.

NO PROBLEMS !!!!!

It not only " Just Fits " , it's Well constructed, especially around the neck area, where so many cables fail. Fit & Finish is quite good here.
This optical cable fits just fine without ANY mis-connects like some I've experienced with other Well Known "Pana" Brand that costs Three Times as much...not to mention those "Monstrous" Cables that are also WAY overpriced!

Skip the shack and Big Box stores and Save yourself money, time, aggravation & sound break-ups with this Optical Cable.
btw...shipping was FAST and well packed.

I don't write too many reviews, but too many times, cables I've tried can be loose fitting and really knock out the 5.1 listening experience,breaking at the neck, not to mention their Hefty Prices!
Mediabridge has Earned my repeat business, Period.