on March 17, 2011
This is the first optical cable I have purchased from Mediabridge but have used 3 of their HDMI cables in various lengths and have had no problems with them.
I have had a few different makes of Toslink cables, but always settled for the lower end versions because of the high cost of name-brand cable. Like almost everything- you get what you pay for- very thin sheathing over the fiber optic and just felt like they would snap at any minute. I had a couple of failures due to moving a component and the cat pulled on one and the fiber snapped inside.
This cable's sheathing is easily 3 times thicker than the low-cost cables and compared to my most expensive cable it is noticeably thicker and also the Toslink connectors seem to be of a higher quality.
I use this between my old DVD player which doesn't have HDMI to connect to my receiver to listen to CDs. I know- why would anyone use that when they have a Blu ray player, XM radio, and their home PC all connected to their home theater system? I'm not sure..cause it still works and I hate to throw it away, maybe.
If you need a digital optical solution to connect your xbox360, your TV if the HDMI doesn't support audio return, or an older CD/DVD/SAT component to your receiver this is what you need.Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft
on September 11, 2011
I purchased this to connect my VIZIO VSB200 Universal HD Sound Bar with my Sony BRAVIA KDL55EX720 55-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV, Black and it works flawlessly. I already have 3 Mediabridge HDMI cables that work great so I knew that I was getting a quality cable for a good price.

Pros:
Easily connects to the S/PDIF inputs on both devices with no loose connections or wiggle room
Excellent sound quality
High quality, sturdy cable and not flimsy
Good connections on the ends so I'm not worried that they will loosen over time
Priced competitively (you can find a lot of overpriced cables online and in stores) The AmazonBasics cable of the same type was a few bucks cheaper but would not ship here to Hawaii for some reason so I bought this and have ZERO regrets.

Cons:
Is a couple dollars more expensive than the AmazonBasics cable which also has good reviews, but not that big of a deal.

*TIP* I had to make sure that I changed my TV audio output to S/PDIF and also change the input on the Vizio Sound Bar to input 3 which is the S/PDIF input since the other 2 inputs are for the regular red/white audio cables. If you don't adjust your sound output and input settings on your devices they might now work properly, but check first before you think the cable is defective.

4.75 stars for being a little more expensive than the other cable but I'd still buy this one again. MediaBridge has never let me down and the sound quality is excellent.
on June 30, 2011
I'm a PC nerd and now entered the amazing world of Home Theater Systems. I ALWAYS purchase mid to high end hardware, and refuse to use any low end cabling on any of my systems or gadgets! My PC's and hardware are an investment that I demand quality performance from. I have used RCA, Monster, Radio Shack, and Cables-To-Go in the past. When I became an Amazon shopper (Prime Member), I found the Mediabridge cable line. I first purchased only a couple of Mediabridge cables to test as a possible replacement of my existing cables. When I received the Mediabridge cables (RCA's & HDMI), I was initially impressed by their packaging/boxing. To save money & pass the savings on to you, they poly-bag and seal their cables, and then place in a Mediabridge labeled corrugated box to the size of the cable. It did not bother me that their cables were not in a retail type blister pack to make them appear like "quality" out of the box etc.

My first test with their cable(s) was quite impressive! Mediabridge sells ULTRA PREMIUM cables at an affordable price!! My tests went so well, that I have changed ALL OF MY CABLES TO MEDIABRIDGE (if they offer my cable in their line on Amazon)!!! Their HDMI cables are heavy weight with gold plated plugs, and they carry an audio and video signal better than any other cable I have ever used. Their Toslink Optical cables are heavy yet flexible and also carry any audio signal like no other cable I've experienced. Don't hesitate to spend a few extra dollars on their RCA cables! Their RCA line is also a quality/premium product.

In closing I must say again that Mediabridge cables are PREMIUM CABLES at a reasonable price. I just invested LOTS OF $$$ in to a Home Theater System for my bedroom (EVERYTHING PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON), and I'm not going to skimp on the cables that I need. Mediabridge is the way to go! I have already purchased NUMEROUS Mediabridge cables for my systems, and I'm not done yet-I WILL ALWAYS SEARCH THE MEDIABRIDGE LINE BEFORE I BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND CABLE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mediabridge as your cabling source!

Happy Cabling!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on May 5, 2011
I purchased the mediabridge hdmi cables a couple months back and had no issues with them. For the price and quality of the hdmi cables, I decided to stick with the mediabridge brand again with these Toslink optical digital audio cable! Hooked it up to my TV and receiver because my tv had no hdmi audio out support. Mediabridge delivers again with these audio cables and I'll be sure to continue recommending and purchasing this brand because of its price and quality!
on December 1, 2011
I purchased a few Mediabridge Toslink Optical Digital Cables. They arrived quickly , adequately packaged with no damage. The problem that I found was that every cable was unacceptably loose in every device that I inserted them into. Sound would "sputter" as the cable was moved. The cables were so loose that they could fall out of the optical socket. Some of the devices taht I tried were made by Onkyo, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and a Shuttle computer optical out. I called the manufacturer, Mediabridge, and they politely told me that there is no standard for the point of insertion of the cable and to return them. I can not believe that there is no standard for the size of the opening and the plug. If this were true, then there would be no reason to produce devices that employ them and no reason for manufacturers to produce them. It costs too much to return them so I will probably throw them away. I purchased other brands of optical cables and they fit snugly in all of my devices.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on November 23, 2011
Although this cable will work well once it is connected, be aware that the plug is larger than most toslink cables and may be too large to fit into the optical socket of your particular device. This cable will NOT fit Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray players; it WILL fit most a/v receivers.
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on December 18, 2014
I've been using this cable for close to two years, and it has worked very well for all that time. However, when I recently went to unplug the cable from my desktop computer to do some maintenance, I found that the plastic sheath that surrounds the fiber optic tip and secures the plug in place had shattered. I pulled it out and about half of the plastic remained in the computer's output slot. I had to fish out the rest carefully with some tweezers. I thought it strange, but wasn't convinced it was a defect until I went to unplug the other end from my DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) and the same thing happened. See attached pictures of the cable tips and the DAC input. It was much harder to remove the shattered bits from the DAC, and I was concerned about damaging the input. The cable tips were not under any stress while in use, and my cable installation was out of the way so I rarely touched it. I can only assume that the plastic used gets brittle with time. I'm giving two stars to be fair since the cable was inexpensive and it worked well for two years, but given this type of failure I can't recommend it.
review image review image review image
on November 15, 2012
I'm not an expert on cables and this is my first time using optical audio. I never knew optical audio existed until more recently. I always knew of the ports in TVs and video game consoles but never paid them much attention.

I found no issues with this cable. It fit into both desired ports and doesn't appear to be too loose. The sound is good so far. I don't have an expensive audio setup so I'm really in no place to comment on quality compared to other audio cables (hdmi, rca analog, etc).

Based on my experience so far (a few days) I would recommend this guy to someone looking for an optical audio cable.

Update: after using this for a few months, it stopped working. I've heard optical cables can be temperamental but I usually don't have to deal with cables wearing out, especially not this fast. I may or may not replace it with the same one.
on October 29, 2012
I purchased this optical cable to run from an external sound card to a home theater receiver, and it has worked flawlessly in that aspect. Before landing on this cable, I had read reviews for other cables which complained of a loose fit in optical ports on electronics components. As far as I have tested this cable, it does not suffer from that problem. Every connection I have made with it has been extremely snug, with no danger of falling out of the port. I have not had any issues with the signal over this cable either. The only issue I have is that the protective endcaps are not physically attached to the cable, and must be kept track of separately; hardly a hassle.

I would recommend this cable to anyone who needs a cheap, easy, and firm solution to running an optical digital audio signal.
on April 27, 2011
This was my first Mediabridge Purchase...And I have nothing but praise for the products.
This is The Monster Media Cable Maker of the twenty-first century without a Monster Price Gouge!
The Toslink Fiber Optic Cables and HDMI cables received were first grade premium quality items.
Items arrived promptly and Packed like Bang and Olufsen cables in individually sealed boxed packs.
Look No Further... I found these cables to be of the best quality surpassing every expectation!
Inspite of a low price, these items are built well. Will Be back for more.
Just hope they don't raise prices on Amazon. GK in Hanalei Bay.