Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now SnS

Length: 6 Feet|Change

on March 17, 2011
This is the first optical cable I have purchased from Mediabridge but have used 3 of their HDMI cables in various lengths and have had no problems with them.
I have had a few different makes of Toslink cables, but always settled for the lower end versions because of the high cost of name-brand cable. Like almost everything- you get what you pay for- very thin sheathing over the fiber optic and just felt like they would snap at any minute. I had a couple of failures due to moving a component and the cat pulled on one and the fiber snapped inside.
This cable's sheathing is easily 3 times thicker than the low-cost cables and compared to my most expensive cable it is noticeably thicker and also the Toslink connectors seem to be of a higher quality.
I use this between my old DVD player which doesn't have HDMI to connect to my receiver to listen to CDs. I know- why would anyone use that when they have a Blu ray player, XM radio, and their home PC all connected to their home theater system? I'm not sure..cause it still works and I hate to throw it away, maybe.
If you need a digital optical solution to connect your xbox360, your TV if the HDMI doesn't support audio return, or an older CD/DVD/SAT component to your receiver this is what you need.Mediabridge - Toslink Cable - Optical Digital Audio Cable - 6ft
on December 18, 2014
I've been using this cable for close to two years, and it has worked very well for all that time. However, when I recently went to unplug the cable from my desktop computer to do some maintenance, I found that the plastic sheath that surrounds the fiber optic tip and secures the plug in place had shattered. I pulled it out and about half of the plastic remained in the computer's output slot. I had to fish out the rest carefully with some tweezers. I thought it strange, but wasn't convinced it was a defect until I went to unplug the other end from my DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) and the same thing happened. See attached pictures of the cable tips and the DAC input. It was much harder to remove the shattered bits from the DAC, and I was concerned about damaging the input. The cable tips were not under any stress while in use, and my cable installation was out of the way so I rarely touched it. I can only assume that the plastic used gets brittle with time. I'm giving two stars to be fair since the cable was inexpensive and it worked well for two years, but given this type of failure I can't recommend it.
review image review image review image
33 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2011
I purchased this to connect my VIZIO VSB200 Universal HD Sound Bar with my Sony BRAVIA KDL55EX720 55-Inch 1080p 3D LED HDTV, Black and it works flawlessly. I already have 3 Mediabridge HDMI cables that work great so I knew that I was getting a quality cable for a good price.

Pros:
Easily connects to the S/PDIF inputs on both devices with no loose connections or wiggle room
Excellent sound quality
High quality, sturdy cable and not flimsy
Good connections on the ends so I'm not worried that they will loosen over time
Priced competitively (you can find a lot of overpriced cables online and in stores) The AmazonBasics cable of the same type was a few bucks cheaper but would not ship here to Hawaii for some reason so I bought this and have ZERO regrets.

Cons:
Is a couple dollars more expensive than the AmazonBasics cable which also has good reviews, but not that big of a deal.

*TIP* I had to make sure that I changed my TV audio output to S/PDIF and also change the input on the Vizio Sound Bar to input 3 which is the S/PDIF input since the other 2 inputs are for the regular red/white audio cables. If you don't adjust your sound output and input settings on your devices they might now work properly, but check first before you think the cable is defective.

4.75 stars for being a little more expensive than the other cable but I'd still buy this one again. MediaBridge has never let me down and the sound quality is excellent.
on December 1, 2011
I purchased a few Mediabridge Toslink Optical Digital Cables. They arrived quickly , adequately packaged with no damage. The problem that I found was that every cable was unacceptably loose in every device that I inserted them into. Sound would "sputter" as the cable was moved. The cables were so loose that they could fall out of the optical socket. Some of the devices taht I tried were made by Onkyo, Panasonic, Samsung, Sony, and a Shuttle computer optical out. I called the manufacturer, Mediabridge, and they politely told me that there is no standard for the point of insertion of the cable and to return them. I can not believe that there is no standard for the size of the opening and the plug. If this were true, then there would be no reason to produce devices that employ them and no reason for manufacturers to produce them. It costs too much to return them so I will probably throw them away. I purchased other brands of optical cables and they fit snugly in all of my devices.
55 comments|11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2011
I'm a PC nerd and now entered the amazing world of Home Theater Systems. I ALWAYS purchase mid to high end hardware, and refuse to use any low end cabling on any of my systems or gadgets! My PC's and hardware are an investment that I demand quality performance from. I have used RCA, Monster, Radio Shack, and Cables-To-Go in the past. When I became an Amazon shopper (Prime Member), I found the Mediabridge cable line. I first purchased only a couple of Mediabridge cables to test as a possible replacement of my existing cables. When I received the Mediabridge cables (RCA's & HDMI), I was initially impressed by their packaging/boxing. To save money & pass the savings on to you, they poly-bag and seal their cables, and then place in a Mediabridge labeled corrugated box to the size of the cable. It did not bother me that their cables were not in a retail type blister pack to make them appear like "quality" out of the box etc.

My first test with their cable(s) was quite impressive! Mediabridge sells ULTRA PREMIUM cables at an affordable price!! My tests went so well, that I have changed ALL OF MY CABLES TO MEDIABRIDGE (if they offer my cable in their line on Amazon)!!! Their HDMI cables are heavy weight with gold plated plugs, and they carry an audio and video signal better than any other cable I have ever used. Their Toslink Optical cables are heavy yet flexible and also carry any audio signal like no other cable I've experienced. Don't hesitate to spend a few extra dollars on their RCA cables! Their RCA line is also a quality/premium product.

In closing I must say again that Mediabridge cables are PREMIUM CABLES at a reasonable price. I just invested LOTS OF $$$ in to a Home Theater System for my bedroom (EVERYTHING PURCHASED THROUGH AMAZON), and I'm not going to skimp on the cables that I need. Mediabridge is the way to go! I have already purchased NUMEROUS Mediabridge cables for my systems, and I'm not done yet-I WILL ALWAYS SEARCH THE MEDIABRIDGE LINE BEFORE I BUY A DIFFERENT BRAND CABLE. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Mediabridge as your cabling source!

Happy Cabling!
on May 5, 2011
I purchased the mediabridge hdmi cables a couple months back and had no issues with them. For the price and quality of the hdmi cables, I decided to stick with the mediabridge brand again with these Toslink optical digital audio cable! Hooked it up to my TV and receiver because my tv had no hdmi audio out support. Mediabridge delivers again with these audio cables and I'll be sure to continue recommending and purchasing this brand because of its price and quality!
on November 23, 2011
Although this cable will work well once it is connected, be aware that the plug is larger than most toslink cables and may be too large to fit into the optical socket of your particular device. This cable will NOT fit Panasonic DMP-BDT210 Blu-ray players; it WILL fit most a/v receivers.
66 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 21, 2012
I recently purchase a Mediabridge Optical Digital Audio Cable to connect my new sound bar to my Flatscreen TV. I can tell you as of this moment that the cable, and the sound that it enables me to enjoy is excellent. I give it 5-stars without hesitation.

BUT... if you have never plugged in a Mediabridge Optical Digital Audio Cable, or perhaps such a cable of any other brand, please be aware that there are two clear plastic protectors, one on each end, THAT MUST BE REMOVED BEFORE YOU TRY TO PLUG THE CABLE IN. Never having seen an optical cable before, and being naïve thinking that, once I removed the cable from its packaging, SURELY THERE CAN'T BE INSTRUCTIONS THAT I MUST READ for plugging in a cable. I have been plugging in cables for 50 years. BUT I WAS WRONG. There WERE included instruction that I looked for and found, ONLY AFTER 15 MINUTES OF FRUSTRATION.

I fully appreciate how stupid I just made myself look. But if it spares you one second of grief, and enables you to enjoy your purchase without the exasperation I experienced, then I don't care how stupid I look to those of you who are already quite familiar with the need to remove those clear plastic protectors on the cable.

NOTE to Mediabridge: A sticker at just ONE END of the cable pointing out the need to remove both plastic covers might be worth the time and expense on your part, for the sake of those uninitiated customers such as I was, when first attempting to plug your cable in with the covers in place. Thanks!!

I HIGHLY recommend this optical cable. You won't be sorry. I wasn't!

-Anthony
on February 24, 2015
This cable did not fit properly into the female receptacle of my Panasonic TC P55ST60 because the receptacle is mounted too close to the back of the TV set and the diameter of the entire shell encompassing and behind the male plug is too thick for the male plug to connect properly. This can result in damaging the female receptacle if one pushes too hard. I later discovered that a StarTech SPDIF THINTOS 10 cable fits this TV.
on April 10, 2013
I've purchased Media Bridge cables (HDMI) several times now and find them of very good quality. These last ones seem even better than ones I bought two years ago. Very well made. Don't be fooled or persuaded to buy so called "premium" cables that have "special wire" or shielding. If the cable is rated as high speed HDMI it is all it can be. . . materials or cheap connectors withstanding.

These cables have it all. Well made, very high quality connectors and heavy duty not wimpy or still wire.

Media Bridge is proof you do not have to spend $20 to $120 for a simple 6' HDMI cable!