Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mediabridge Toslink Cable (3 Feet) - Optical Digital Audio Cable
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Size: 3 Feet|Change

on October 29, 2011
Minimal packing and protection but still make it.
Cable look like good quality ones, not premiums though.
The shape is very good, snap and stay secure, sometime too secured as it may be diffictult to remove, but I prefer that as I never remove my cables or once in a year!
I strongly advise you to go for that kind of size if that is what you need, a lot of people tend to take 6ft because it is almost the same price, but then the overlong is very bothering in cabinet.
on December 13, 2012
The Mediabridge Toslink cable seems to be well made and works well once installed, but it was tight fit. An Amazon Basics Toslink cable snaps in and out of the same sockets easily, while I had to press very firmly to get the Mediabridge cable to snap in. It seems size is a problem with Toslink cables as some people complain of a too-loose fit and others of a too-tight fit for the same make and model cable.
I noticed the little transverse ridges on the top and bottom surfaces of the Mediabridge plug seemed slightly taller than on my Amazon Basics cable, so I filed them down with a fingernail file, and -- perfect fit! The Mediabridge cable now snaps in and out easily and securely. If you try this, be careful to only file off a small amount of the ridges, as they are what holds the plug in the socket (makes the snap).
on February 5, 2015
This Mediabridge TOSlink Cable is the quality I expected, it fits perfectly in both the Amazon Fire TV box output and the C2G / Cables to Go 40019 Optical to Coaxial Digital Audio Converter that then outputs with a digital coax cable to my Vizio sound bar. (The Fire TV box would not play through the TV even though the TV is connected via TOSlink to Vizio.) The cable box and Blu-ray player played fine through the TV Sharp Aquos (2006 model). I understand that not all devices will play through the TV. I have used Mediabridge products before and have always been happy with them, both in the quality and the fit. I also ordered another yesterday to replace the very thin wire and not very secure Vizio-supplied Digital Optical cable.
on October 8, 2013
These are solid and at a great price with great sound. No problems at all. In fact, Mediabridge sent out a follow up e-mail to see if I had any problems and see if there was anything they could do to help. Nice touch. It was form letter, but I liked the follow up. I liked the item though and will shop for Mediabridge items again.
on May 27, 2014
I recently purchased a Sonos sound bar, assuming I had a fiber connection on the Samsung TV. Well the TV did not even though it is one of the latest models. Anyway, before taking back the Sonos I found a posting from someone who used TOSLINK as a solution (from the folks at J&R Galaxies). He had great things to say about it so I too purchased the 3X1 switcher. PERFECT solution! Don't forget to purchase additional fiber cables (I purchased from Mediabridge Products - Toslink Cable) I have one fiber connection from the TOSLINK to my Comcast box the other to my Sony DVD player (that has Netflix etc.) and the common goes to the Sonos player. This leaves one additional Fiber connection available on the TOSLINK. The TV connects to the Comcast box via HDMI (there are no TV connections to the SONOS or the TOSLINK). Using the TOSLINK remote (that comes with the switcher) I select (1) for when I want the audio to come from Comcast to the Sonos bar or (2) if I want sound to come from my Sony DVD player. Audio and video appear to synch perfectly. I've read additional postings regarding this solution and folks who do have a fiber connection on their TV suggest the TOSLINK solution regardless as it seems to resolve some audio conversion issues (that I can't speak to.)
on June 16, 2015
So far, no problems. The cables work just as advertised. The quality is excellent, and I have had no difficulty with the connections to my devices. They fit perfectly. Also, the sound quality has improved tremendously. The housing for the cables is sturdy, and the shielding is appropriate. I'm using one of these for a connection from my Sony DVD player to my Pioneer receiver, and one from my Logitech Revue (yes, that old thing - still works great, so why chuck it) to my Receiver. The real difference seems to be this last connection. The Logitech Revue is capable of amazing sound. When I have Netflix on, wow, thunderstorms and other effects in the movie are now amazingly real - tricks me into thinking a real storm is happening. This was a great update to a few older devices. Obviously, the Logitech is amazing because of the HD capability, but the DVD player sounds good too.
on November 24, 2014
I had to press hard to get these into the slot in my TV and the adapter for my headphones! Which is what I needed. I had a Toslink adapter, which I still use the adapter part, but the cord was cheap, cheap, cheap. If I walked rapidly by the my downdraft would knock it out of my TV mounted on the wall! It was ridiculous. So this answers my needs and then some. Best Buy wanted to sell me one for $30 and this is EVERY bit as quality. Make sure to remove the plastic covers. They are on really good, I had to use my teeth! But that's good, it means that they click into place...and that I've got some mean chompers.

I needed 2, bought 3 just to have an extra. Wish I'd have bought 7...
on December 30, 2012
I had a circuit hum on my Onkyo TX-SR876, but only from the input for the cable TV signal [which was coming directly from a TiVo Premier box]. I switched inputs, switched RCA cables, tried shielded cables, tried configuring the connection in set up and couldn't fix it. So after looking under the hood again, confirmed that the TiVo box had an optical audio out port. After reading [a lot] about the virtues of various manufacturers, including the "it either works or it doesn't", I ordered this cable and a 6 foot version because they were 1) the same price [cheap] and 2) on sale. I "had" to buy some other stuff to qualify for the Super Saving shipping rate and the order arrived on the date predicted and the next day I began what I hoped would be an easy install.

Both components are nearby, so the 3 foot span was plenty long and the cable is very flexible, so even if it were a longer reach, I wasn't concerned about a crimp damaging performance. I removed the plastic tips [a step that many others missed; Mediabridge included a reminder card for this] and was able to see the guide ridges on the connector housing that helped align it into the Onkyo and was rewarded with the "snap" described in the discussion blogs. I didn't get the same "snap" from the source box and after 5 minutes of pushing hard and worrying about damaging the connector, I decided to fire up the system and see if there was any chance it was "close enough" [a note in the box also addressed the fact that not all optical audio ports are the same, so I was in Variable Component Configuration Land].

Hum gone! I was so geeked about having a clean signal that I began to look at my other components to see of I could use the nother Mediabridge cable for improved sound. Nope; too old for most of the other components or they were using HDMI, but that hasn't diminished my joy at getting this problem off my Audio ToDo list [it had been there far too long].
on March 26, 2014
I got an LG sound bar that is hooked via this cable to the back of my TV. Because the sound bar has two optical digital inputs, I also hooked the sound bar to my FIOS set top box using the optical digital cable that came with the sound bar, which is thinner than this cable. So, on my sound bar I can switch between (1) listening to the audio as it comes from my TV with this cable or (2) listening to the audio it as it comes from the set top box through the cable that came with the sound bar. The sound from the TV through this cable is noticeably richer than the sound from the set top box through the thinner cable. There may be a whole bunch of other reasons for that difference, but I believe it is at least in part because of the better quality/thickness of this cable compared to the one that came with the sound bar.
on May 18, 2014
What else is there to say really?
It's an optical audio cable, it performs excellently as such.
In a pinch, my neighbors have used similar such cables as clothing lines. I let this serve as example to my other cables of what happens to the bad ones. I believe this has worked as I've not had any insurrections to date.

Word to the wise, if the length of cable is "just what you need" get one larger, or two steps larger. Having an extra loop or two on your coil is not going to hurt as much as having not having enough cable later (and given how long these ones last, it's a pretty safe bet they'll survive a couple reconfigurations of your setup)
Coincidentally, I have a spare 3 foot cable now..