6,708 Reviews
 (5,781)

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what's expected, honest pricing
Just in case someone may feel guilty for not paying a lot more for, basically the same thing, let's look at our top of the line offer, Monster HDMI 1000HD Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable (2 meters) and do a quick comparison.

Published on December 16, 2008 by A. Dent

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, then deteriorated
I admit I was attracted by both the price and the glowing reviews, and for the first week or two I agreed. Fantastic picture and sound. However, in 1080p mode (PS3, LG TV) snow/flashing white dots began to appear and got gradually worse, to the point of the picture being unwatchable.

So I've gone back to my old cable for now, the picture and sound are not as...
Published on January 7, 2010 by Kevin N. E. Wright

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what's expected, honest pricing, December 16, 2008
This review is from: Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard] (Personal Computers)

This item supports the HDMI 1.3b standard which is almost as good as it gets (1.3c doesn't add anything special). Any HDMI 1.3 cable can carry up to 10.2 Gbit/s. Hmmm... I suppose the Monster is much better, right? Well... it "guarantees a certified cable bandwidth of 10.2" Okay, but the Monster also supports "x.v.Color, and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD". It turns out that, all of the above, and more, are part of the HDMI 1.3 specs and they are fully supported by every cable that complies to the standard and can be had for about 90% less in the Mediabridge. The expensive brand presentation simply enumerates the HDMI 1.3 specs as if it being HDMI 1.3 compliant was a really big deal. It is not a big deal. Even a cable that costs 95% less is HDMI 1.3 compliant.

My suggestion: if you think that the proponents of the expensive brand have a point when they claim that their product is a lot more durable, buy TWO Media Bridge wires and still pay almost 80% less than you would pay for one of the expensive ones.

My personal experience: I've never paid 'a lot' for an HDMI cable because it makes no sense to pay more. I took home one of the 'expensive' ones once because the salesman promised to take it back if I wasn't amazed by the difference. It made zero difference and I returned it.

_________________________________________________

The following are the HDMI 1.3 specs and all certified HDMI 1.3 cables (including Monster) are going to support them.

Maximum signal bandwidth (MHz) 340

Maximum resolution over single link at 48-bit/px 1920×1200p60

sRGB
YCbCr
8 channel LPCM/192 kHz/24-bit audio capability
Blu-ray Disc video and audio at full resolution
Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
DVD-Audio support
Super Audio CD (DSD) support
Deep Color
xvYCC
Auto lip-sync
Dolby TrueHD bitstream capable
DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream capable
Updated list of CEC commands (only on HDMI 1.3a,b,c)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 4, 2008
Tony (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
These cables worked great for me...I'm getting 1080p@24hz no problem. My setup is a Samsung 52" LCD TV (LN52A650) and a Playstation 3. Save yourself a whole lot of money and don't get ripped off buying "Monster" or any other overpriced HDMI cable. Order processing, USPS shipping, and receipt in Texas was lightling fast(7 days). Order 2 while you're at it...someday you'll need another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Choice and Value for Money, July 29, 2008
Ok so I am a girl and I am not much of a techie but I didn't want to spend $100 on an HDMI cable. I came to Amazon and read a lot of the product reviews.

I first purchased the the HDMI cable from ClearAV, it was inexpesive and not the best product. It cost me a little over $4 for the item and S&H. I tested it on my upconverting Panasonic DVD player on 1080i resolution on my 40" 1080p Samsung LCD TV but it had poor signal quality and the cable was not an HDMI version 1.3. So when I played my DVDs the picture would go on and off and so would the sound and there was a flashing line on my screen. Then I thought maybe I need to get another cable but still was not willing to pay $100.

I continued to do my research and realized that not all HDMI cables were created equal :( So I decided to try my luck again with the MEDIABRIDGE : "Premium 6ft 1.3b Category 2 Super High Speed HDMI Cable - 1080p - PS3 - Blu-Ray." THIS CABLE IS THE REAL THING : the true HDMI version 1.3b Category 2 certified (whatever that means but sounds like a really good thing) which can be used with blu-ray or PS3 and will give you great 48-bit color. I paid a little under $7 for everything i.e for the item and S&H. The first thing I noticed was that it has the "HDMI" embossed on the cable; might not mean much but I thought it was note worthy. Second, the cable was thick and sturdy unlike the regular one I previously purchased. Third, apparently it's gold plated, I don't know how to prove this but it sure looks shiny :)

OK so I got the product 2 business days later from MEDIABRIDGE( I was so happy it arrived promptly), I tried it last night and everything was perfect. I didn't have to wiggle the cable to see if I could get a better signal, audio and picture quality. Just plugged everything in and one, two, we were in business. I even did my Core Secrets workout with all the movements and I still got perfect picture and sound. I should have just paid $2 extra to begin with for a better quality product...take it from me...I'm girl with not much knowledge on such stuff but I know a great product when I see one.

Hopefully it will last me a long time :) I'm off to do my research on the Play Station console, I am curious to see how much better Blu-Ray picture quality is...no sense in buying an expensive Blu- Ray dvd player when I can just get the game right?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price...Great Results, September 17, 2008
I purchased these cables recently to hook up my HDTV's to the HD boxes I have from my cable provider. I was amazed to find out that the quality of the picture and sound is similar to, if not the same as, the $100 cable I purchased from Best Buy a few years ago. I wish I knew then what I know now regarding these cables.

I do not use them for any gaming systems, just HD cable. I am completely satisfied with the product I received and was convinced of purchasing this product after reading the on-line reviews that were submitted by other individuals.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, October 7, 2008
I recently purchased 2 of these cables and they exceeded my expectations. I ordered them because they are 1.3b Cat2 rated, which basically means they can more than handle a full HD 1080p signal and are actually rated to handle even larger resolutions not available in residential equipment (no need to worry about 1080i vs. 1080p issues some people complain about with super-cheap cables). That and the fact that they were $5. They shipped very quickly, even with standard shipping, and when they arrived I was VERY impressed with the quality of their physical construction. They are well constructed, appear very durable, and will perform side-by-side with any other cable out there 20x the price+. I am confident these are the last cables I will ever need to purchase for my existing equipment and would definitely buy them again for any additional future equipment needs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Don't think, just buy, you just found the best deal!, January 16, 2009
J. Churchman (San Diego, CA USA) - See all my reviews
I bought the highest possible grade of monster cable for my new hdtv/bluray player. I then realized I needed two more hdmi cables for my new hdcable box and my xbox360. I bought two of these mediabridge hdmi cables and was kind of worried about the quality. I just plugged them in and tried to compare the quality of picture of these cables to the monster cable I already had. The quality was the same if not better!!! These cables have unbelievable quality (highest possible), and their price is out of this world. Buy these cables and don't waste your money on high, overpriced (monster) cables like I did at first!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good and economical product, April 14, 2009
I puchased these cables two weeks ago from Amazon. These are my first HDMI cables, so I can not compare them to anything else. All I can say is that they work, picture quality is excellent, and most important they are fairly inexpensive.
Is there a reason why nobody makes a HMDI cable with a 90 degree connection on one end? I would imagine that with today's plasma/lcd tv's being installed as close to a wall as possible, this would be a feature that many people would appreciate. I am not an expert in this field, so please excuse my ignorance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Purchase, November 16, 2008
brakmaster (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
Are you looking for a quality Category 2 HDMI cable that is six feet in length with a black coat? This is it. Stop looking at those other expensive cables because this is all you need. I have two of these running from my cable box and PS3 to my new LCD TV, and they work exactly as they should. Delivered on time, no issues. Go for it!

1.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, then deteriorated, January 7, 2010

So I've gone back to my old cable for now, the picture and sound are not as great, but at least there is no snow. If you have a PS3 and LG TV and plan on using 1080p you should at least be aware of this before buying.

2.0 out of 5 stars Comparative Results: Technically Average, Overall Value Slightly Below Fair, May 27, 2009
Comparative Results: Technically Average, Overall Value Slightly below fair

**Explanation**

Explanation of technique used for Review (actual results are below with accompanying title).
My first inclination when I received this cable, was to attempt to do a side-by-side comparison of various HDMI cables to determine what benefit, if any the various cables provide. To make such a test fair however, I had to find identical televisions, input devices, (cable box, blu-ray, standard dvd, etc), and a place to put them; as you may imagine this proved to be way more effort than it would be worth.
After contemplating the issue I came to the conclusion that such a test would be pretty worthless anyways. Since I (like most people) never watch identical televisions side by side the real question lies in whether one HDMI cable improves the picture enough that it is discernable without viewing the pictures simultaneously. After all, if a viewer cannot discern a difference between the two without looking at both together, then there is no justifiable reason to buy one over the other.
With this in mind I used the following equipment to test the cables:
Television: Sony Grand WEGA KDS-55A2000 55-Inch SXRD 1080p Rear Projection HDTV

Cables:
1. HDMI Cable 6ft 6 ft 1.3 1080P FOR PS3 TO DVD LCD HDTV
2. Cables To Go 98035 Premium HDMI v1.3 Digital Audio/Video Cable (8 Feet, Black/Grey)
3. Mediabridge - 6ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable - 120 Hz - Version 1.3 Category 2 - 1080p - PS3 - Blu-Ray
4. Monster M Series M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable (8 ft. / 2.43 m.)
5. Sony 5mm High speed HDMI cable ver. 1.3 (White)

Inputs:
1. PlayStation 3 80GB
2. Optimum HD Cable Box/DVR (not sure of the model number)

**The Test**
To conduct the test I had my wife label each of the cables with a number, the cables were mixed then piled together behind the television. With my wife assigned as the operator. I and two friends sat on the other side of the television. We watched pieces of Planet Earth on Blu-Ray, as well as Transformers on Blu-Ray and Standard Def. In addition, we watched the same song from American Idol in both HD and SD, and portions of an NBA playoff game.
Each of us had a card numbered 1-5 with space for comments on image quality, sound, etc., for each cable. The test was, as aforementioned, blind. This was to ensure that one of my friends (one of whom provided the $200 monster cable) and I, owner of the .01 + shipping no name cable (and most of the other ones) would not be biased by knowing it was our cable. If you shell out $200 for something you really want it to outperform, which creates bias.

And now:

**The Results**
All three of us agreed that there were no conclusive differences in the test. After a lot of switching between various inputs the conclusion was that while we occasionally perceived slight differences it was never clear and would be impossible to tell if the two pictures were not side by side.
Thus I must conclude that these 5 HDMI cables are, for all practical purposes, identical. Which means that they all had average performance and the main purchase determiners are price, aesthetic quality and build quality.
So to sum up, taking into account my opinion of the different cables, the HDMI Cable 6ft 6 ft 1.3 1080P FOR PS3 TO DVD LCD HDTV is the cheapest and feels it, it will probably need to be replaced soonest as well but at .01 cent plus shipping you can afford to. The Cables To Go 98035 Premium HDMI v1.3 Digital Audio/Video Cable (8 Feet, Black/Grey) and Mediabridge - 6ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable - 120 Hz - Version 1.3 Category 2 - 1080p - PS3 - Blu-Ray were pretty similar but I like the design and build quality of the Cable-to-Go a little more, it feels more solid, I feel like this one would last a while longer than the first cable but I didn't do any endurance tests. My least favorite of the bunch in terms of feel/price was the Sony 5mm High speed HDMI cable ver. 1.3 (White) which I felt, was very thin and cheap feeling considering its price tag, I wouldn't bet that it would outlast either the Cable-to-Go cable or the Mediabridge. The Monster M Series M1000 HDTV HDMI Cable (8 ft. / 2.43 m.) is well made and aesthetically pleasing and looks as if it will last you until something replaces HDMI, I cannot however recommend it because the price tag is simply preposterous, as it provides no visual or auditory improvement.

Rate and Discover Movies