12,694 Reviews
 (11,014)
 (1,026)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, and I like the end connectors
OK, not much you can say about a cable, unless you get one that is bad or "flakey" from a problem with the shield, as we read from a previous posting.

Published on February 8, 2009 by A. King

2.0 out of 5 stars Update - excellent customer service
Published on January 19, 2009 by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, and I like the end connectors, February 8, 2009
This review is from: Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (10 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard] (Electronics)

I recently upgraded my HDTV system and now have a HDTV, Blue-ray, and Receiver that supports the HDMI 1.3 spec. This spec enables new high bandwidth features previously not supported in older HDMI cables and equipment. Both the Blue-ray and the HDTV, and my Roku-Netflix box are firmware upgradeable, so this cable should support their enhancements for at least a couple of years.

Being the quintessential anal-retentive Electrical Engineer, I tend to over analyze everything (even if not required). When buying cables (typically, the weak link in most systems), you have to determine if the product is manufactured from a reputable vendor, or built by a couple of guys in their garage, with no quality control. Mediabridge Products is a subsidiary of Broadband Products, Inc. Broadband Products has HDMI certification (see hdmi.org for why this is important).

There are two types of HDMI cable, Standard (Category 1) and High Speed (Category 2), and they have different performance metrics. A Standard cable can transmit a 1080i signal for 15 meters (49 feet) or more, while a High Speed HDMI cable can transmit a 1080p signal for at least 7.5 meters (25 feet). For the most part, running cables less than 5 meters, either will work, but I want to make sure and this cable is Category 2.

Why did I buy this specific cable from this vendor: The vendor has an almost perfect feedback record, the product is low cost for the specs, fulfilled by Amazon, and importantly free shipping, and a return policy that pays the shipping for returns/exchanges of defects.

ADK

5.0 out of 5 stars The best HDMI cables you can buy, at amazing prices, May 28, 2009
So far I have bought a total of four HDMI cables, in lengths ranging from 3' to 15'. I bought the 3' cable first. It was made by Philips and sold by the most gigantic of all gigantic discount Marts. It worked fine, and it would have been long enough except it was so stiff I could never straighten it out completely. I returned it.

I did some research on Amazon and found these Mediabridge cables with astounding user ratings and amazingly reasonable prices. Not the sub-dollar junk you can also find here, but less than one third the big-box price of the Philips cables in equivalent lengths. I bought two of the 6' cables to connect my two 1080p upconverting DVD players (a Sony 5-disc changer and a Philips region-free single-disc for playing foreign DVDs) to my wonderful (and cheap) AOC HDTV.

I was a little reluctant to buy 6' cables because I only really needed 3', and I know cable length can be tricky with very high-speed signals, but since the Philips 3' wasn't actually usable to that length, and I didn't want to have to return these, I ordered 6'. They work like a dream. They're as flexible as cooked spaghetti and transmit the signals without a single glitch.

Then I bought a new HP laptop with an HDMI output, but to work comfortably the cable had to be longer than 6'. I figured I'd go all the way and order the 15', since it's only marginally more expensive and would allow me to use the HDTV easily for watching streaming movies from Netflix. This cable also works like a dream.

My TV only has two HDMI inputs, so I do a fair amount of plugging and unplugging, with no signs of reliability problems so far. I highly recommend these Mediabridge HDMI cables--in any length--to anybody needing one.

I'm also very impressed with Mediabridge itself. Each cable comes very nicely packaged individually in a sturdy corrugated box, which is put into a larger box for shipping, and they ship quickly directly to the customer. What a relief not to have to saw through a hard plastic shell to get the product out! It's an impressive company. PLUS, they're an American company, and although I don't know if they manufacture the cables domestically, they're unafraid to print their New Jersey street address right on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what's expected, honest pricing, December 16, 2008
Just in case someone may feel guilty for not paying a lot more for, basically the same thing, let's look at our top of the line offer, Monster HDMI 1000HD Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable (2 meters) and do a quick comparison.

This item supports the HDMI 1.3b standard which is almost as good as it gets (1.3c doesn't add anything special). Any HDMI 1.3 cable can carry up to 10.2 Gbit/s. Hmmm... I suppose the Monster is much better, right? Well... it "guarantees a certified cable bandwidth of 10.2" Okay, but the Monster also supports "x.v.Color, and Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD". It turns out that, all of the above, and more, are part of the HDMI 1.3 specs and they are fully supported by every cable that complies to the standard and can be had for about 90% less in the Mediabridge. The expensive brand presentation simply enumerates the HDMI 1.3 specs as if it being HDMI 1.3 compliant was a really big deal. It is not a big deal. Even a cable that costs 95% less is HDMI 1.3 compliant.

My suggestion: if you think that the proponents of the expensive brand have a point when they claim that their product is a lot more durable, buy TWO Media Bridge wires and still pay almost 80% less than you would pay for one of the expensive ones.

My personal experience: I've never paid 'a lot' for an HDMI cable because it makes no sense to pay more. I took home one of the 'expensive' ones once because the salesman promised to take it back if I wasn't amazed by the difference. It made zero difference and I returned it.

_________________________________________________

The following are the HDMI 1.3 specs and all certified HDMI 1.3 cables (including Monster) are going to support them.

Maximum signal bandwidth (MHz) 340

Maximum resolution over single link at 48-bit/px 1920×1200p60

sRGB
YCbCr
8 channel LPCM/192 kHz/24-bit audio capability
Blu-ray Disc video and audio at full resolution
Consumer Electronic Control (CEC)
DVD-Audio support
Super Audio CD (DSD) support
Deep Color
xvYCC
Auto lip-sync
Dolby TrueHD bitstream capable
DTS-HD Master Audio bitstream capable
Updated list of CEC commands (only on HDMI 1.3a,b,c)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, September 4, 2008
Tony (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
These cables worked great for me...I'm getting 1080p@24hz no problem. My setup is a Samsung 52" LCD TV (LN52A650) and a Playstation 3. Save yourself a whole lot of money and don't get ripped off buying "Monster" or any other overpriced HDMI cable. Order processing, USPS shipping, and receipt in Texas was lightling fast(7 days). Order 2 while you're at it...someday you'll need another one!

2.0 out of 5 stars Update - excellent customer service, January 19, 2009
I used this cable to connect my BluRay player to my Onkyo TX-SR806 receiver. It worked for less than an hour and then it appeared that the HDMI port died. The receiver could no longer 'see' the BluRay. I moved the player to a different port, and it worked for a few days before it also died. I then replaced this Mediabridge - 3ft Ultra-High Speed HDMI Cable with a 2 meter Mediabridge cable. It has now operated on the original port for over three weeks (knock, knock).
Maybe that's why almost no one makes 1 meter HDMI cables?

Update 28 Feb: I've seen good customer service before, but this was something else. Based on the above review I was contaced via email by the president of Broadband Products, Inc, which is the parent company of Mediabridge. They sent me a replacement cable. I haven't tried it yet, but the service is certainly fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Choice and Value for Money, July 29, 2008
Ok so I am a girl and I am not much of a techie but I didn't want to spend $100 on an HDMI cable. I came to Amazon and read a lot of the product reviews.

I first purchased the the HDMI cable from ClearAV, it was inexpesive and not the best product. It cost me a little over $4 for the item and S&H. I tested it on my upconverting Panasonic DVD player on 1080i resolution on my 40" 1080p Samsung LCD TV but it had poor signal quality and the cable was not an HDMI version 1.3. So when I played my DVDs the picture would go on and off and so would the sound and there was a flashing line on my screen. Then I thought maybe I need to get another cable but still was not willing to pay $100.

I continued to do my research and realized that not all HDMI cables were created equal :( So I decided to try my luck again with the MEDIABRIDGE : "Premium 6ft 1.3b Category 2 Super High Speed HDMI Cable - 1080p - PS3 - Blu-Ray." THIS CABLE IS THE REAL THING : the true HDMI version 1.3b Category 2 certified (whatever that means but sounds like a really good thing) which can be used with blu-ray or PS3 and will give you great 48-bit color. I paid a little under $7 for everything i.e for the item and S&H. The first thing I noticed was that it has the "HDMI" embossed on the cable; might not mean much but I thought it was note worthy. Second, the cable was thick and sturdy unlike the regular one I previously purchased. Third, apparently it's gold plated, I don't know how to prove this but it sure looks shiny :)

OK so I got the product 2 business days later from MEDIABRIDGE( I was so happy it arrived promptly), I tried it last night and everything was perfect. I didn't have to wiggle the cable to see if I could get a better signal, audio and picture quality. Just plugged everything in and one, two, we were in business. I even did my Core Secrets workout with all the movements and I still got perfect picture and sound. I should have just paid $2 extra to begin with for a better quality product...take it from me...I'm girl with not much knowledge on such stuff but I know a great product when I see one.

Hopefully it will last me a long time :) I'm off to do my research on the Play Station console, I am curious to see how much better Blu-Ray picture quality is...no sense in buying an expensive Blu- Ray dvd player when I can just get the game right?

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value for HDMI 25 ft, March 30, 2011
This cable was a great fit for our purposes. I was running cables in a crawl space from our TV mounted on the wall to a cabinet to have a fully hidden AV system. The 25 ft was the right length and the price was amazing for a cable of this length. Everything I priced locally was well over $100 for the cable. Unfortunately, my TV does not run Ethernet over HDMI so I can't use that feature, but the 3D Blu-ray works well with this system. The cables held up with with all the fishing of wires that I needed to do as well. The flex points where they attach to the cable were solid and held up well being pulled thru multiple holes.

Pros: Affordable. Ethernet over HDMI and 3D ready.

Cons: None come to mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars 5 Stars - Amazing deal., January 6, 2009
Rob NY "NY-Bob" (NY, United States) - See all my reviews
These cables are the best buy, high quality. After buying your HD TV do yourself a favor and connect your set with these cables.
They are extremely well made, comparable to Monster cables at a fraction of the cost. Highly recommended, would buy again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, Company and Experience, February 23, 2009
We bought several of these cables (and actually could use a few more). They are of excellent quality and were able to compare them upon receipt to the famous brand name cables. There is no discernible video or audio difference in our system which is a high end theater with long HDMI cable runs. As important, the company is first rate, responsive, pleasant, invested and immediately helpful. I not only recommend them, but we shall buy from them again...and again. Thank you so much. Great folks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Price...Great Results, September 17, 2008
I purchased these cables recently to hook up my HDTV's to the HD boxes I have from my cable provider. I was amazed to find out that the quality of the picture and sound is similar to, if not the same as, the $100 cable I purchased from Best Buy a few years ago. I wish I knew then what I know now regarding these cables.

I do not use them for any gaming systems, just HD cable. I am completely satisfied with the product I received and was convinced of purchasing this product after reading the on-line reviews that were submitted by other individuals.

Rate and Discover Movies