2,141 Reviews
 (1,891)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best HDMI cables you can buy, at amazing prices
So far I have bought a total of four HDMI cables, in lengths ranging from 3' to 15'. I bought the 3' cable first. It was made by Philips and sold by the most gigantic of all gigantic discount Marts. It worked fine, and it would have been long enough except it was so stiff I could never straighten it out completely. I returned it.

I did some research on Amazon...
Published on May 28, 2009 by J. Martin

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable connector
The cable worked fine and was a good deal, however I would not recommend this cable for any situation that would require repeated connections and disconnections of the cable. One connector broke while I was dressing the cable; I pulled a little too hard. Be very careful with these connectors.
Published on January 2, 2009 by Donald B. Lenderman

5.0 out of 5 stars The best HDMI cables you can buy, at amazing prices, May 28, 2009
This review is from: Mediabridge ULTRA Series HDMI Cable (15 Feet) - High-Speed Supports Ethernet, 3D and Audio Return [Newest Standard] (Personal Computers)

I did some research on Amazon and found these Mediabridge cables with astounding user ratings and amazingly reasonable prices. Not the sub-dollar junk you can also find here, but less than one third the big-box price of the Philips cables in equivalent lengths. I bought two of the 6' cables to connect my two 1080p upconverting DVD players (a Sony 5-disc changer and a Philips region-free single-disc for playing foreign DVDs) to my wonderful (and cheap) AOC HDTV.

I was a little reluctant to buy 6' cables because I only really needed 3', and I know cable length can be tricky with very high-speed signals, but since the Philips 3' wasn't actually usable to that length, and I didn't want to have to return these, I ordered 6'. They work like a dream. They're as flexible as cooked spaghetti and transmit the signals without a single glitch.

Then I bought a new HP laptop with an HDMI output, but to work comfortably the cable had to be longer than 6'. I figured I'd go all the way and order the 15', since it's only marginally more expensive and would allow me to use the HDTV easily for watching streaming movies from Netflix. This cable also works like a dream.

My TV only has two HDMI inputs, so I do a fair amount of plugging and unplugging, with no signs of reliability problems so far. I highly recommend these Mediabridge HDMI cables--in any length--to anybody needing one.

I'm also very impressed with Mediabridge itself. Each cable comes very nicely packaged individually in a sturdy corrugated box, which is put into a larger box for shipping, and they ship quickly directly to the customer. What a relief not to have to saw through a hard plastic shell to get the product out! It's an impressive company. PLUS, they're an American company, and although I don't know if they manufacture the cables domestically, they're unafraid to print their New Jersey street address right on the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mediabridge High Speed HDMI cables, January 20, 2009
Al (Orlando, Fl) - See all my reviews
Terrific product, terrific service and the incredible price. Superb, top-of-the- line performance both for HDTV and accompanying Blu-Ray player. Shipped and received within 4 days of ordering, generous length of cable supports most equipment set-up schemes, and priced almost $80.00 BELOW the best retail store price I could find. Highly recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Cable connector, January 2, 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Great deal, no reason to pay a Monster of a price!!!, April 7, 2009
This cable was a great find, I have hooked up 6 or 7 brands of HDMI cables and this cable stands with the best!!! I had seen no difference from the Monster priced products to this cable. This cable is a heavy cable, with great Picture and Sound improvments when I plugged it in. I could see no change from the Monster priced ones, in fact the sound was better with this cable then others!! I will always look for Mediabridge when buying cables of this type!! Thanks again, and yes this HDMI cable will POP you picture and sound and is worth it, better then the Cable tv cables and worth it, to bad people only see the Monster Priced ones at the store. The only difference I saw was the Price!! Don't be afraid to take them back and buy a Mediabridge!! Just try it!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Not All HDMIs Are Created Equal., April 21, 2011
Background:

High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) is the best audio / video (a/v) digital interface ever made. It achieves superb a/v performance at a reasonable cost compared with other digital cables such as Toslink (Toshiba Link) & S/PDIF (Sony / Philips Digital InterFace). The HDMI standard / version is also improving with time & this digital interface is here to stay for a very long time to come.

I'm tired of reading about 1's & 0's digital theory that's been beaten to death by consumers & critics alike. There are many things that may be theoretically correct but practically it proves out to be otherwise. In my experience, the quality of materials used / implemented does have an impact on performance with all digital cables & components. It comes down to one's budget, expectations & understanding of electronics.

Over the years, I have tried / used many branded & non-branded HDMI cables. The following are a few branded HDMI cables that I currently use in my a/v system:

1) Monster MC 1000HD, priced @ USD59/2m Monster MC 1000HD-2M Ultra-High Speed HDTV HDMI Cable (2 meters),
2) Pangea Audio HD-24PC, priced @ USD70/2m Pangea Audio HD-24PC HDMI Cable 4% Silver Plated (2 Meter),
3) AudioQuest X Cable, priced @ USD30/6.5ft AudioQuest HDMI X cable - HDMI plugs 2m (6.56') braided cable &
4) Mediabridge Ultra Series, priced @ USD10/6ft Mediabridge Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable with Ethernet - Category 2 Certified - Supports 3D & Audio Return Channel [Latest HDMI Version Available] - (6 Feet).

I've used the above V1.4 HDMI cables, of different lengths, with LaCie LaCinema Media Player, Pioneer DVD Player, Oppo Bluray Player, HD Cable Box along with a 17in Dell LCD TV, 32in Panasonic LCD TV, 42in Panasonic Plasma & a 50in Panasonic Plasma TV.

Performance & rating:

Here's my take on the HDMI cables listed above:

1) Pangea Audio HD-24PC priced @ USD70/2m:

Rating: 5 Stars.

The good: Build quality is second to none. The cable will surely outlive the components it's being used with. Impeccable black level performance & I'm truly floored using this HDMI on a 50in Panasonic Plasma TV. It truly stands out with it's price to performance ratio. It's a real bargain because of the good discount & free shipping in Amazon.

The not so good: Thick & a lil' stiff just like their power cables, so not very ideal for flush wall mounted displays. Needs ample space behind the TV for cable management.

2) AudioQuest X Cable priced @ USD30/6.5ft:

Rating: 5 Stars.

The good: Very good build quality. A lil' thinner & so easier to handle than the Pangea Audio HDMI. Great performance for large screen displays. Just a tad less impressive with black level performance than the Pangea Audio HDMI. It's a very good purchase especially at the heavily discounted price & free shipping in Amazon. It w'd be hard to find a HDMI cable at this price that can beat the X Cable for build quality & performance.

The not so good: Nothing at all. Really, it's that impressive for the current listed price.

3) Mediabridge Ultra Series priced @ USD10/6ft:

Rating: 4 Stars.

The good: For the price, one of the best budget HDMIs out there. Very good for small screen displays & surely an upgrade to really cheap freebies that we get with most Bluray players, DVD players, Cable box etc.

The not so good: Cheap build quality when compared to the other HDMI cables that I have. Not recommended with displays larger than 40in as picture quality is a tad less crisp when compared to the other HDMI cables that I have in my system.

4) Monster MC 1000HD, priced @ USD59/2m:

Rating: 3 Stars.

The good: Good build quality, better than the Mediabridge HDMI but falls short in aesthetics & build quality when compared with Pangea Audio & AudioQuest HDMI. Performance is just as good as the AudioQuest HDMI cable.

The not so good: At half the cost the AudioQuest HDMI, with the heavy discount & better build quality, is a better buy / bargain. It's time for Monster to offer better discount on all their cables.

Conclusion:

For display screen sizes below 40in, sources less than 1080p & cable lengths below 2m, a $10/m HDMI is just as good / effective as a $100/m & above HDMI cable. If U are unhappy with a $10/m HDMI only then sh'd U try something a lil' more expensive than that.

For display screen sizes above 40in, the more robustly made Pangea & AudioQuest HDMI cables did make a difference in my system. The blacks were a lil' more well defined. The overall picture quality was a tad smoother, deeper & clearer.

There are some brands of HDMI that are priced @ $100/m & above. At that level, one gets to buy exotic HDMI jewelry. It surely will have great build, finish, EMI / RFI shielding etc but it does not necessarily improve performance under the above conditions of screen size, source strength & cable length. It's surely not for everyone.

The savings made on a `value for money' HDMI cable can be used to buy something else in the a/v system that can actually make a visible & audible difference, such as power cords, power conditioners, interconnects etc, just to name a few components that truly matter to me.

In my experience, Silver is surely the best conductor for a/v, closely followed by Copper. I also prefer to use solid core cables over stranded cables & Silver plating over Gold plating wherever circumstance & budget permit. Gold & Platinum plating is used only because they are noble metals & do not easily corrode (oxidize) like Copper & Silver. Brass is cheap & is 360 percent less conductive than Copper. I'm surprised to see Gold plated Brass connectors still being used in most pro a/v systems & cables including HDMI. I'm sure the use of Brass is the most effective way to keep cable costs low.

The Pangea Audio HDMI uses the best materials amongst all the HDMIs I've used & listed above. It uses 24 AWG (American Wire Gauge) Silver plated solid Copper conductors. Unfortunately, it's terminated with Gold plated Brass connectors. I'm yet to get hold of a HDMI that meets all my expectations & yet be priced sensibly. In a/v U get what U pay for, even then, there is a level after which U reach a point of diminishing returns. That's were good homework / research really helps. Knowing were to draw that line is the key point in this hobby.

If the HDMI requirement is for a screen size above 40in, the source is full HD (1080p) & the cable length requirement is above 2m, then I'd recommend that one tries both - the cheap Mediabridge HDMI & a better grade HDMI from Pangea or Audioquest. Amazon has a very good return policy, so one c'd return the less impressive cable within 30 days of purchase. What more can one ask for?

Just my $0.02.

Brgds.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable for in wall install, August 1, 2009
Great price and very durable. The cable got hung up inside my wall when I was trying to snake it. In order to get it to pull thru, I had to use a good amount of pulling force. Everything was still together when the cable finally came thru the wall.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for PC to HDTV, October 6, 2009
We bought a HUGE HDTV about a year ago. They really spoil you. Finally bought a new laptop with a Blu-ray player. Wanted a cable that would allow the laptop to be on the coffee table. Price on some was pretty steep. After reading a lot of reviews decided to try this. I tried the cable that came with the TV, then this one. I can see no difference in quality. You get a fantastic picture on the TV from the laptop. This was well worth the cost and works great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent cables for the money, November 3, 2009
Cindy "Mayte" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
We purchased these cables for our flat tv. We were not sure what we were going to get, but oh my gosh, they were excellent thick cables, high quality cables and they all worked and now we have our tv mounted on the wall hooked up to the hdmi cables. My husband was amazed (engineer) at the quality for the price. We had shopped at best buy, radio shack, frys, and everyone wanted over $100 for these cables, and we got them for under $50 after shipping. We would buy from you again, keep up the quality and keep up the cheap prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, Excellent price, July 28, 2009
The only thing better than the quality is the price! Mediabridge Products is great to deal with, fast and very helpful.
Richard D.

2.0 out of 5 stars HDMI 1.3B!!!!! Read the fine print., June 9, 2010
M. Ali (Lubbock, TX) - See all my reviews
I bought a bunch of these (different lengths) to connect my new 3D capable receiver, TV and Blu-ray setup. The product description is misleading on the Amazon website. It says "Compatible with 3D Technology, 4Kx2K, 1440p and 1080p Full HD Resolution. Compatible with all HDMI 1.4 Components. Does not include ethernet." However, the delivered packages clearly state the cables are rated 1.3b not 1.4! This is not mentioned anywhere in the Amazon site. This may not make a difference to most since the majority of the public will not be early adopters of 3D. Furthermore, there was no mention of 3D support in the package insert. According to some literature, 1.3b does not support 4Kx2K, 3D nor audio return. Thus, the only true statement in the product description appears to be the absence of ethernet support. Nevertheless, I am peeved about purchasing a "1.3b" designated cable instead of a true 1.4a because the product description is not exactly clear.

The cables do support connecting a PC to AV receiver via HDMI. They also work with ATT UVerse and DirecTV set top boxes.

I will update my comments once i receive and play my 3D version of "Aliens vs Monsters."

Rate and Discover Movies