Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

on April 9, 2011
I have included pics comparing this 25 ft cable to the same brand 50 ft cable. I bought both at the same time because I was not sure on length for my 2 subs. I also am using the Mediabridge Y adapter which is great.

I love this 25ft cable. I did not include a pic of it's packaging, but I love how it was not only in a sealed bag, but was also in it's own small cardboard box my Mediabridge. Very professional packaging and cable.

Pros:
-Flexible cable, yet very thick, tight bend radius. (Not 90 degrees of course)
-Perfect high quality molded ends that are perfectly snugg without being tight.
-Professional look with high contrast printed jacket
-Price is great for this high quality cable.
-My subs sound just as perfect as they did with short high quality cables.

Cons:
-No cons

I love this construction and the price is great. I was also pleased that this was on Amazon Prime and I got the shipment ultra fast.
review image review image review image
on July 16, 2011
"A cable is a cable," you say? Well not this one. It surpasses your ordinary RCA cable by far. While most RCA cables plug in and remain relatively loose and... friction free, this cable grips the terminal very nicely. Thanks to the tighter connection with the terminal, there is a lot more friction which means that the cable is making contact and connecting much better than your standard RCA cable. Gold ends and double shielding to boot make this cable a great choice for a subwoofer cable for your new, or existing, home theater system.
on April 9, 2011
I give it 5 stars because it does work great and the ends feel and appear high quality.

Pros:
-RG6 is well shielded for this application.
-Ends are snugg so they will not fall off or easily pull off, but they are also not tight where it takes a lot of effort either.
-Price is good for 50ft but that is because you are getting RG6 coax with ends installed

Cons:
-RG6 because Coax is not very flexible so bending radius is large.
-Because of large bending radius, you may need a 90 degree adapter for the ends to your sub and amp.
-Has ends that are not molded to the cable. Which is fine if they do not get a lot of movement or stress. Which is the case for Subs and Amps.
-Price, I mention this in the Cons section as well because RG6 can be very cheap, so I wonder if I should have just bought ends and the tool and made my own custom length cable since I have high quality RG6 cable spools at home.

I still stand by the 5 stars though because the ends are high quality, packaged cleanly, good Amazon pics and description, and fast shipping via Prime which I needed.

I have included pics to compare the 25ft cable Mediabridge sells here and the 50ft cable of this review. Notice the much tighter radius you can get with non-Coax of the 25ft.

Though I wonder if this TSC-T10 RG6 is really shielded with copper like they show in the photo. All RG6 I have even seen is shielded with Aluminum and the copper core is often steel with a copper coating. And all descriptions of TSC-T10 RG6 also said Aluminum shielding. Though it is double shielded and the quality is plenty for low level voltage and audio frequencies. So it's not a big deal. But I think some people would want to know these details before purchasing.

I am using this cable to add a 2nd Sub, so I am using a Y adapter (Also by Mediabridge, very nice as well) which is flexible enough to not need a 90 degree adapter behind my receiver. I am using a 90 degree adapter behind both subs regardless of space for a clean install.
review image review image review image
on December 21, 2010
This cable is made of shielded RG6 coax cable with gold RCA ends. The ends fit snug and won't rattle out of your sub or reciever. The sound quality is perfect. It is not the most flexible of cables but that shouldn't really matter. You can't beat them for the price. I'm happy. Don't waist a ton of money on "premium cables" that will not sound any better.
on October 26, 2012
I ordered a cable. I paid for a cable. I received a cable. I installed a cable. My woofer goes BOOM-BOOM.
55 comments|119 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable

This cable is made of shielded RG6 coax cable.
This is as good as you need to get for an audio cable. You cannot improve sound with better cable.

The gold-plated RCA ends fit nice and tight.

There is just no need to buy a super "premium" cable. This one does the job admirably.
on December 27, 2011
First of all, these were shipped quickly by Amazon, they were reasonably priced and were in good shape when recieved. I had originally hooked my sub woofer up using half of a pair of RCA cables I had laying around. That worked but I didn't like the second cable just hanging there so I purchased this single cable. This is much more heavily shielded than what I was using so I have to believe the sound is better but at my age who can really tell. The only problem was that when I first hooked up the cable it didn't work. I played around with the speaker first and still it didn't work. I disconnected it from the amplifier and then reconnected it. It was very tight on the amplifier end and I put a little more pressure on it the second time. After that it worked but I don't think it should have been that difficult. Nevertheless, now that it's installed I won't be removing it anytime soon so I'm satisfied that I'm good to go for the foreseable future.

Unfortunately, since my review, I had to return this product. Apparently it wasn't just a case of fitting correctly. Everytime I turned the amplifier around to make a change in the back this sub-woofer would stop working. I determined that the connector was bad, not just that it was a tight fit. I will have to order another one.
66 comments|26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
Before I got this cable I'd been using one channel of two cheap RCA cables coupled together. It looked sloppy, and didn't give me confidence in sound, or installation.

I ordered this cable, and now I feel a sense of authority when I show off my subwoofer to pre-school dads who come over for play dates and drool over how awesome the Backyardigans sound.

They know that the educational programming my daughter is receiving packs every ounce of fidelity from her father's 12" 8 ohm "It's racing day".

AND, when Uniqua plays the Masked Retriever, the cable powering her background kick drum doesn't distract from her pink/purple majestic animation.

I feel like a better father because of this cable.
on March 28, 2011
Mediabridge makes a quality cable. I haven't regretted this purchase one bit. It works great and the price was right. Don't let the Big Box stores rip you off. Order Mediabridge.
on November 2, 2011
I'm really happy that I took a chance and discovered Mediabride cables. I've bought a lot of them now and never had any problems. The things I look for in a cable like this are 1) gold connectors, a must; 2) grip quality; and 3) jacket quality:

1) Yes, the connectors are gold plated. Also important, they grip the jacks firmly, but not extremely. You'll still be able to disconnect them without being afraid you're going to rip your jacks out.

2) The grips are made of a thick rubber and feel heavy and solid. You never know about this one until you actually have it in your hands.

3) The rubber jacket over the wire is also thick. The cable has a slightly heavy feel and is still flexible. Very good!

Lastly, these cables have performed for me very well. I've had some of them for six years or more (HDMI, digital coax, toslink) and never an issue. If the 'munstr' brand lowered their dishonest prices to meet these, I'd still buy these. These cables are for the guy who wants a great, high-quality cable, but doesn't want to overpay by $15-$20 per cable.