Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (15 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on October 26, 2012
I ordered a cable. I paid for a cable. I received a cable. I installed a cable. My woofer goes BOOM-BOOM.
55 comments| 127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 28, 2011
Mediabridge makes a quality cable. I haven't regretted this purchase one bit. It works great and the price was right. Don't let the Big Box stores rip you off. Order Mediabridge.
on December 27, 2011
First of all, these were shipped quickly by Amazon, they were reasonably priced and were in good shape when recieved. I had originally hooked my sub woofer up using half of a pair of RCA cables I had laying around. That worked but I didn't like the second cable just hanging there so I purchased this single cable. This is much more heavily shielded than what I was using so I have to believe the sound is better but at my age who can really tell. The only problem was that when I first hooked up the cable it didn't work. I played around with the speaker first and still it didn't work. I disconnected it from the amplifier and then reconnected it. It was very tight on the amplifier end and I put a little more pressure on it the second time. After that it worked but I don't think it should have been that difficult. Nevertheless, now that it's installed I won't be removing it anytime soon so I'm satisfied that I'm good to go for the foreseable future.

Unfortunately, since my review, I had to return this product. Apparently it wasn't just a case of fitting correctly. Everytime I turned the amplifier around to make a change in the back this sub-woofer would stop working. I determined that the connector was bad, not just that it was a tight fit. I will have to order another one.
66 comments| 26 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 12, 2013
Before I got this cable I'd been using one channel of two cheap RCA cables coupled together. It looked sloppy, and didn't give me confidence in sound, or installation.

I ordered this cable, and now I feel a sense of authority when I show off my subwoofer to pre-school dads who come over for play dates and drool over how awesome the Backyardigans sound.

They know that the educational programming my daughter is receiving packs every ounce of fidelity from her father's 12" 8 ohm "It's racing day".

AND, when Uniqua plays the Masked Retriever, the cable powering her background kick drum doesn't distract from her pink/purple majestic animation.

I feel like a better father because of this cable.
on June 5, 2012
I got Mediabridge Ultra Series cables for my home theatre and backup music room subwoofers. They previously had competent but not great Hosa aluminum audio speaker cables which sounded OK. BUT WITH the Mediabridge gold plated cables, the bass is THUNDERING and is not distorted at all, giving an outstanding performance rating for these cables. This 6 foot one I used in the main theatre sub.
on September 12, 2013
This is a great cable overall. The RCA connection on the end fits snuggly over both the subwoofer and receiver female connectors and inspires confidence that it will transmit the data well. The cable itself feels solid and well made. The cable is a bit firm, but this lends to the confidence inspiring nature of it.

Overall, this is a great cable that does its job and blends in well to it's environment. I would highly recommend this to anyone in need of a subwoofer cable.
review image review image review image
on October 8, 2010
Before I was using one lead from a really cheap stereo RCA cable to go to my sub. I decided to go with a better cable to see if it made a difference. If it made a difference I can't hear it. The cable seems to be well made (much better quality than the cable I was using) but I guess you don't need a high quality cable to carry those low frequencies well.
I used Monster cable to connect my 3 front speakers and cheaper cable going to my surround speakers and I could not hear any difference going to the thicker Monster cable either. Don't get me wrong, my system sounds fantastic: I just did not hear any improvement by going with better cables.

Yamaha RX-V765 Receiver
2 x Polk Audio Monitor 70
2 x Polk Audio Monitor 50
1 x Polk Audio CS-20
1 x Sony Sub
55 comments| 32 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 9, 2013
Are you particular about your audio gear? You in all likelihood are an audiophile who loves the absolute potential in your music. Well there are two worlds (3 if you pay attention to the third at all) And that is consumer, professional and then flashy. Flashy products are where you spend about 75 percent of the price tag on looks, name and probably a celebrity promotion (Beats for instance and any Monster product for that matter). I am studying audio engineering and there is only one name all professionals in that field trust and that is Mogami. They are the finest, no question, I have taken many apart in my soldering class and professional studio cabling can't be beat but its entirely different as it is all TT, TRS, 1/4 inch and XLR jacks. Now what is impossible to find is great consumer cables for when you are running consumer level stuff. I have about 6 of Mediabridges products now and this is the final nail in the coffin. Mediabridge have the quality locked on consumer audio cables. I have taken apart a couple of extras I had laying around from a friend and they really do not skimp on any material from the shielding, inner insulation (almost no cables have both) and the copper mixture they use looks very fine and shiny just like the signal I receive. I use my 8th inch /RCA cable everywhere and have even torn a pole from so much use! thats from a few years mind you and I was yanking on it anyway so testament to the tension proofing holding up that long. What is so amazing about this cable is that they even design it so you can repair it yourself! amazing! I went in there with some solder and it was like i was looking at a miniaturized version of a TRS setup but with all the housings, sheaths and solder cups even! Not just some indistinguishable mesh mess of wires designed to make you buy a new cable. Gotta love American products.
You want professional studio cables go Mogami, everything else Mediabridge.

Oh ya and with this particular 'upgrade' my subwoofer now has about an additional 12dB of gain and its noise floor has diminished to the point it becomes entirely quiet with high dynamic range tracks. Re-EQing (normally annoying) my entire setup has never been so exciting its like my 12 year old Energy 10'' has new life again. Thanks Mediabridge!
on January 17, 2012
I had recently purchased a name brand subwoofer cable from a local store and was excited to get home and hook it up(I had broken my current cable). Unfortunately, I had a hum from my subwoofer with the new cable and thought maybe it was my SW, I was not happy. I hooked up a regular RCA cable I had and...no hum. So I figured it was the new cable. I looked on Amazon and found several SW cables that looked more sturdy and well built than the new cable I had just purchased. After reading the reviews I decided to go with the Media Bridge cable. Wow, the connector quality and the beefy cable looked great and, after hooking up the new Media Bridge cable, walla, no hum. I am very pleased with the quality and build of the Media Bridge product and "will" purchase them in the future. Thank you for saving me $500 for a new Sub Woofer.
on June 28, 2015
I was really impressed with this cable. When it arrived it was inside its own nice cardboard box and you could tell when pulling it out the level of quality of the cable. It was very solid feeling in my hand and I had to give it a good amount of pressure to get it plugged into the back of the receiver and the sub-woofer. Sound quality has my Klipsch shaking my entire house. The first movie to really put it to the test was the Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy on Blu Ray I got for Father's Day. I have never experienced such lows and felt the T-Rex feel like he was stepping on my chest! I will definitely keep Mediabridge cables in mind for future purchases that I may need. I used to order all my cables from Monoprice but I think I just found my newest supplier.