2,205 Reviews
 (1,985)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical cable....
Published on July 16, 2011 by Nathan

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent Cable
First of all, these were shipped quickly by Amazon, they were reasonably priced and were in good shape when recieved. I had originally hooked my sub woofer up using half of a pair of RCA cables I had laying around. That worked but I didn't like the second cable just hanging there so I purchased this single cable. This is much more heavily shielded than what I was using so...
Published on December 27, 2011 by Robert Lyons

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your typical cable...., July 16, 2011
This review is from: Mediabridge ULTRA Series Subwoofer Cable (8 Feet) - Dual Shielded with Gold Plated RCA to RCA Connectors - Black (Personal Computers)
"A cable is a cable," you say? Well not this one. It surpasses your ordinary RCA cable by far. While most RCA cables plug in and remain relatively loose and... friction free, this cable grips the terminal very nicely. Thanks to the tighter connection with the terminal, there is a lot more friction which means that the cable is making contact and connecting much better than your standard RCA cable. Gold ends and double shielding to boot make this cable a great choice for a subwoofer cable for your new, or existing, home theater system.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable, December 21, 2010
This cable is made of shielded RG6 coax cable with gold RCA ends. The ends fit snug and won't rattle out of your sub or reciever. The sound quality is perfect. It is not the most flexible of cables but that shouldn't really matter. You can't beat them for the price. I'm happy. Don't waist a ton of money on "premium cables" that will not sound any better.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a cable...it works, October 26, 2012
I ordered a cable. I paid for a cable. I received a cable. I installed a cable. My woofer goes BOOM-BOOM.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable, great ends, great audio, great price, great packaging, April 9, 2011
I have included pics comparing this 25 ft cable to the same brand 50 ft cable. I bought both at the same time because I was not sure on length for my 2 subs. I also am using the Mediabridge Y adapter which is great.

I love this 25ft cable. I did not include a pic of it's packaging, but I love how it was not only in a sealed bag, but was also in it's own small cardboard box my Mediabridge. Very professional packaging and cable.

Pros:
-Flexible cable, yet very thick, tight bend radius. (Not 90 degrees of course)
-Perfect high quality molded ends that are perfectly snugg without being tight.
-Professional look with high contrast printed jacket
-Price is great for this high quality cable.
-My subs sound just as perfect as they did with short high quality cables.

Cons:
-No cons

I love this construction and the price is great. I was also pleased that this was on Amazon Prime and I got the shipment ultra fast.

4.0 out of 5 stars It works, October 8, 2010
Before I was using one lead from a really cheap stereo RCA cable to go to my sub. I decided to go with a better cable to see if it made a difference. If it made a difference I can't hear it. The cable seems to be well made (much better quality than the cable I was using) but I guess you don't need a high quality cable to carry those low frequencies well.
I used Monster cable to connect my 3 front speakers and cheaper cable going to my surround speakers and I could not hear any difference going to the thicker Monster cable either. Don't get me wrong, my system sounds fantastic: I just did not hear any improvement by going with better cables.

Yamaha RX-V765 Receiver
2 x Polk Audio Monitor 70
2 x Polk Audio Monitor 50
1 x Polk Audio CS-20
1 x Sony Sub

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, but stiff and was not expecting RG6 Coax, April 9, 2011
I give it 5 stars because it does work great and the ends feel and appear high quality.

Pros:
-RG6 is well shielded for this application.
-Ends are snugg so they will not fall off or easily pull off, but they are also not tight where it takes a lot of effort either.
-Price is good for 50ft but that is because you are getting RG6 coax with ends installed

Cons:
-RG6 because Coax is not very flexible so bending radius is large.
-Because of large bending radius, you may need a 90 degree adapter for the ends to your sub and amp.
-Has ends that are not molded to the cable. Which is fine if they do not get a lot of movement or stress. Which is the case for Subs and Amps.
-Price, I mention this in the Cons section as well because RG6 can be very cheap, so I wonder if I should have just bought ends and the tool and made my own custom length cable since I have high quality RG6 cable spools at home.

I still stand by the 5 stars though because the ends are high quality, packaged cleanly, good Amazon pics and description, and fast shipping via Prime which I needed.

I have included pics to compare the 25ft cable Mediabridge sells here and the 50ft cable of this review. Notice the much tighter radius you can get with non-Coax of the 25ft.

Though I wonder if this TSC-T10 RG6 is really shielded with copper like they show in the photo. All RG6 I have even seen is shielded with Aluminum and the copper core is often steel with a copper coating. And all descriptions of TSC-T10 RG6 also said Aluminum shielding. Though it is double shielded and the quality is plenty for low level voltage and audio frequencies. So it's not a big deal. But I think some people would want to know these details before purchasing.

I am using this cable to add a 2nd Sub, so I am using a Y adapter (Also by Mediabridge, very nice as well) which is flexible enough to not need a 90 degree adapter behind my receiver. I am using a 90 degree adapter behind both subs regardless of space for a clean install.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cable Great Price, March 28, 2011
Amazon Customer "drvita" (White Bear Lake, MN USA) - See all my reviews
Mediabridge makes a quality cable. I haven't regretted this purchase one bit. It works great and the price was right. Don't let the Big Box stores rip you off. Order Mediabridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 8, 2011
agree with other reviewers... just the matter of inserting it first time, all set. But its not too big (only 8 ft) and not so flexible (its thick), so mobility is not great. But if you are 1 like me who will keep subwoofer in close proximity (as my home allows), it is for you... can't beat the price. Sound quality is as good as 1 from best buy (dynex) which I returned as it costs double...

5.0 out of 5 stars RCA subwoofer cable, August 22, 2010
R. Cary (Andover, MA USA) - See all my reviews
...just purchased a home theater receiver and 5.1 speakers....needed a sub cable. After looking at Belken and others, I found this to be the best quality and best price. You don't really need gold connectors but this cable was less expensive than many which were much lower quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars MediaBridge is a high quality cable with a unreal price!, March 1, 2013
There's not a whole lot to say about this subwoofer cable other than it's built very well and to perfect specs. It has great shielding and will actually boost your subwoofers signal by about 3 D.B. The cables are gold plated and a perfect thickness(shielding).

I also purchased a MediaBridge Y- cable adapter that although I really didn't need it, since you can hook up your sub by just plugging the single cable into the left input RCA jack. However I tend to be a huge perfectionist and really wanted that perfect look with the Y splitter. In reality all the Y adapter does is split a mono signal to both the left and the right RCA inputs.

I actually really needed the extra foot that this Y adapter gave me since I bought a 9 foot subwoofer cable and it was just a little to short( My mistake )I should have purchased the 15 foot cable which I recommend for most users. Unless you have a huge room then you may need a 25 foot cable. However going with the shortest run possible will give you the best sound supposedly. I say that because all these so called Audiophiles insist on speaker wire thickness and that they can here the difference.

I say hogwash to that. They have done blind tests with so called Golden ears, and they can't tell the difference between 18 gauge wire on a short run over 12 gauge. Of course to mount banana plugs to your speaker wire ends you are better off going with some 12 gauge wire simply because it's easier to mount the wire and get the plugs on nice and tight. Plus they really do look nice and add a nice touch when it comes time to clean behind your system and you can just pop off the plugs really fast.

MediaBridge rocks no matter what type of cable you buy from them, Coax for a sub, H.D.M.I. for your Blue Ray unit, or Optical for a additional BlueRay unit or in my case my Comcast Box!