5,063 Reviews
 (3,741)

5.0 out of 5 stars The right item for my kindle fire
Published on December 2, 2011 by JB

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, but keeps slipping out
The overall quality of the cable seems great. It's heavy duty while not being too rigid, but for some reason the Micro USB side keeps slipping out of my phone (partially). A co worker of mine has the same exact cable and doesn't have this problem with his phone, so maybe it's my phone's fault.

(Update)
Now that I've been contacted by Mediabridge's...
Published on January 17, 2012 by John Mccarron

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, but keeps slipping out, January 17, 2012
John Mccarron (Houston, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mediabridge USB 2.0 - Micro-USB to USB Cable (6 Feet) - High-Speed A Male to Micro B with Gold-Plated Connectors (Personal Computers)

(Update)
Now that I've been contacted by Mediabridge's customer support, I have to say that this is the best experience that I've had buying something so small and simple. They found my review on here on Amazon, contacted me and sent me out a new replacement cable. I was willing to just let it go and cut my losses, but they actually contacted me. You can't get better than that!

5.0 out of 5 stars The right item for my kindle fire, December 2, 2011
JB (California) - See all my reviews
I never give much importance to usb cables. However, after receiving my kindle fire and seeing that I would need such a cable to connect my kindle to my computer I set out for a search. I found so many cables listed some with outrageous prices so I said to myself I will order the least expensive one. I paid 2 dollars for the first one. It arrived and did not work I felt sheepish to say the least.
Back to amazon I go to order another. I saw this one for 6 dollars and prime eligible and wanting to make the most of my free month of prime membership ordered it. It arrived today and I plugged in my kindle fire to both my pc and mac and it works. What a great feeling. This cable feels very solid and it works with my kindle fire and I am now able to transfer my books/music/videos.
If you are looking for a well made cable that works for the kindle fire this is it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great customer service, unfortunately the cord has inherent design defects, July 17, 2012
I remember receiving the cord several months ago and being very pleased with the build quality and design. The cord seemed to be well made and well shielded. However, it was about a month later when the cord started having connectivity problems. I would have to attach it to the phone at just a certain angle before it would connect and charge. It was definitely the cord as the phone had no issues with other cords.

I was on my way to write a bad review, when I noticed that the company had commented with support information on each negative review. I called the support number and was pleased to see that a live person answered my call immediately and shipped me a replacement cord, no questions asked. Their customer service is excellent. Also, remember that the cord has a one year warranty.

I received a new cord within a few days and I was happy to give this company another go. The second cord worked perfectly for a few months then it, once again, started having the same issue again. It would not connect unless I held it slightly to the right and wrapped my cord around the phone to maintain the cord in that position. This was really annoying after a while and I called customer service again. I was happy to see that their service was just as good as my first time and they have agreed to ship me a replacement without much issue.

I am a little frustrated with having two cords fail on me, especially since I don't place a lot of strain on the cords, nor do I bend them or twist them in a way that should damage two cords. Any pressure exerted on the cord is just normal use. So I cut open the head to investigate.

I found that the inside was a rigid plastic that encapsulated the wires. This hard capsule does not apply the cord any flexibility and therefore creates a break when the line bends too much. I twisted the wire half-way down the line and I could see the red wire in the head move slightly away from the solder - enough to break the connection. I recommend a change in design that allows a little more flexibility inside the head and a more rigid head. I noticed that the head was too flexible and a turn left or right of the connection head would change the cord's position enough to sever the solder connection.

In short: great customer service, great exterior quality, poor inside connection design.

5.0 out of 5 stars tough well made inexpensive nicely packaged quality cable, June 8, 2011
I ordered two of these micro B cables to use with my Samsung Galaxy S Epic 4g. Previously I had looked around on the web and found that some reviewers claimed that some cables attached only loosely to their Galaxy phones. I looked at Amazon's offerings and decided to take a chance on these low-priced cables based on the 9 reviews of them, all of which were 5 star.

As with everyone else, the cables arrived quickly (amazon prime) and each one was individually shrink-wrapped and boxed. De-packaging one, my first impression was that the cables were well made and sturdy -- thick, but not so think as to be a PIA. As another reviewer noted, the connectors on both sides are gold-plated, and not solely the USB-A side as the item's photo seems to show (as of now, anyway!). The connectors appear to be solidly embedded into the surrounding plastic and there is no wiggling. The plastic around the connectors feels solid but is not very bulky. I expect these cables to last some time based on their apparent quality.

I tested the cables on my mac with my epic 4g. After I plugged the phone into the micro-B connector, I noted that the phone charges as it should. When I first disconnected the cable from the phone I was very pleasantly surprised to feel a good amount of resistance from the connector before it unplugged (a stock one I have falls easily out of the phone, like, uh, tree-hanging fruit, ripe, in a gust of wind!). The cable does not unplug from the phone when I move it way from the computer, even when I lightly tug on it. This is the best cord for my phone that I've used, and a quabillion times better than stock.

The cable properly creates a data connection between my phone and my mac. The same with my PC (charging and data working properly).

1.0 out of 5 stars Garbage, April 12, 2012
Ordered two of these to charge two cell phones. First cable worked exactly once, then would not charge the phone after that. Second cable worked for almost a month, then it too failed to charge the phone. I know it's cheap, but it's still a waste of time and money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cable for Kindle Fire, November 30, 2011
I got this to transfer files from my computer to my Kindle Fire. It's a sturdy cable (which may be a slight disadvantage to some people, as it doesn't coil as easily as a thinner cable would, but it's fine for me), and fits well into the Kindle micro slot.

1.0 out of 5 stars Micro end MELTED after 2 hours, August 5, 2013
Hester (Boston, MA, US) - See all my reviews
This cord got HOT AS HELL when pugged into the 2.0 slot of a USB A/C charging plug. I plugged it in as soon as it arrived to see how fast it charged my Galaxy S3. I left it plugged in for about 15 minutes and unplugged my phone after it jumped up 5%. I left the cable plugged in for about 2 hours total and happened to walk by it and saw that it was completely disfigured. Melted, bubbly plastic was coming out of the end of the Micro side and the housing around the metal Micro was bubbled as well. The cable was hot to the touch. THANK GOD my phone wasn't plugged in and the cable was on a heat resistant soapstone surface! Normally I charge my phone at night next to my bed. The melted plastic could have ignited my polyester comforter or carpet. I have contacted the seller. I don't know if my cable is a defect or not but PLEASE test your high speed cable BEFORE plugging it into your device.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly for Kindle Fire, December 19, 2011
Bought this product to connect my new Kindle Fire to the computer to transfer pictures. Works perfectly! Bought a second one for my sister.

1.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for a bit..., April 4, 2013
The cable looks very well made compared to any other Micro USB cable I have ever seen. The cable and the connectors are stout. That is why I was totally shocked when it quit working. I got it mostly to charge a phone but have used it occassionally to transfer data to a laptop. I did notice that I had to pay particular attention when connecting the micro USB connector to my phone or I it would not start charging. I though it was simply the stout plastic cover on the connector interfering with the phone's Seidio case. It seemed to work fine for a while but after 3 weeks or so there were morning when the phone had not charged over night. This week it simply stopped charging. I have tried it on several phones and the cable is dead. The cable and connectors look fine, no kinks in the cable or bent connectors. Guess maybe I got a bad one as the other reviews on this product are good. As for me, I'm going elsewhere for a replacement.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great with my Nexus 7, March 17, 2013
I broke the cable that shipped with my Nexus 7 and decided they were better things out there than buying an all new charger/USB cable combo. My brick still worked so I bought this cable and it worked perfectly. Works on all my other micro USB devices as well and the length it offers over most stock cables is so amazingly comfortable. The quality of the sheathing on the cable and the thickness makes me think this cable will last a very long time.