Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now Sale

on May 6, 2014
For a router that looks like it belongs to Captain Kirk, it's pretty awful. I live in a two bedroom apartment and the signal can barely extend to the living room (yes, I have fiddled with ALL settings). Additionally, it completely fails to interface with apple products. My Macbook, my roommates Apple Tv and ipad all experience connectivity issues whereas all of our windows-based products work moderately well, aside from the constantly vanishing wifi signal

EDIT: Wow! apparently it has come to light that this company also sues people for bad reviews and may even post some fake ones of their own....
[...]
1414 comments3,116 of 3,178 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
I bought this router for my small 2 bedroom home and the connection was crawling more than 25 feet away. The interface left much to be desired as well. Go with a name brand.
2020 comments3,241 of 3,307 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
This router from Medialink doesn't even deserve the single star I was forced to give it. Worst router I've ever owned, without question. Even at the cost, it's a waste of money.

And on top of it, I see today that Medialink is threatening legal action for users who post negative reviews. I wonder when I'll get my threat letter?
44 comments2,244 of 2,305 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
I dislike companies that bully the little guy. I won't even say if own the product but any company that threatens a customer for posting a negative review deserves to fail.

I agree with the poster, go with a trusted brand when getting routers. Don't waste your money in this crap.
44 comments3,161 of 3,253 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
I wouldn't buy this, it is not a good product in my opinion as it does not work well for me.
11 comment2,470 of 2,544 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
It's unfortunate that so many people have been taken in with this product, but I'm here to warn you: A lot of these reviews are fake. Just search Google for this company, Medialink, and you'll find almost no history and no reviews from legitimate websites. In fact, if you are wondering why this product looks IDENTICAL to another $20 router sold at Amazon by a company called Tenda, that's because it is the SAME router, just rebranded and with a different color. In fact, the FCC filings for MediaLink confirms that it is the same product. Save yourself the money and go with an established router brand, like Asus, TP-Link, Linksys or Cisco.

Furthermore, how likely is it that a router from a company that doesn't actually make their own products suddenly jump to the top of Amazon with 73% 5-star perfect rating? It's very likely that they are paying for reviews. It's unethical, but think about it: They only sell these routers on Amazon, so the whole success of their company depends on Amazon reviews.
11 comment227 of 231 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
They claimed that setup was simple, but I STILL haven't been able to get several devices to connect to my Medialink.
0Comment368 of 378 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
Purchased this router and was not satisfied with the performance I was getting out of it. The reviews were amazing but the product failed to live up to them. Returned the item and went with a Linksys and never looked back. I now get MUCH better range and speeds.
44 comments764 of 792 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
This router is very unreliable. It is constantly out of service even when my PC is right next to it
0Comment345 of 354 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 6, 2014
It has a terrible range, almost line of sight. IR and Bluetooth have been range than this thing. Do not waste your time.
0Comment344 of 353 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse