5.0 out of 5 stars PIECE. OF. CAKE.
Published 17 months ago by Daneen Petty

3.0 out of 5 stars functional, not what I needed
seems this product wouldn't reach far enough for me. I was only 2 rooms away from my ATT wireless. but this wasn't cutting it. I realized my att TV box had a wired connection for internet in the back as well (derp) plugged it in there and boom, I was set. but this will work for people seeking a light connection for videos.
Published 1 month ago by Devin W

5.0 out of 5 stars PIECE. OF. CAKE., February 13, 2013
This review is from: Medialink Wireless-N USB Adapter (300 Mbps) - 802.11n, 2.4 ghz - Compatible with Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP (Personal Computers)
I finally broke down and opted for a wireless connection for the computer I moved to my bedroom. The entire question just seemed DIFFICULT and I had resisted forever....my providing company gave me a wireless modem as an upgrade, no extra cost to me, so it was hard to keep resisting...now to figure out how to do this...I bought the Medialink Wireless N USB Adapter. Installed software from the cd. Plugged in the adapter, found my wireless connection in the list, entered my password and BANG! DONE. On the internet in the other room now. Why on earth pass it up when it's THAT EASY?? I have a solid double wall between my adapter and my wireless modem, and the signal strength is off the charts. Very, very, VERY pleased with this product, the follow up friendly email in case I need help from Medialink, and the incredibly easy process. This is an excellent product at an excellent price, I recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars UPDATED: Fixed - Very slow, my old cheap TP-Link USB 150Mbps is faster, even with a Medialink router. :(, July 6, 2013
I recently replaced my Linksys WRT54GL with DDWRT, which I liked a lot, for a Medialink 300Mbps Wireless N Router. I've been very happy with the router. It is very basic and has very few settings which is a change for a tech like myself but I really like the fact that I almost never have to mess with it and can appreciate its simplicity. So I decided to upgrade from my old TP-Link USB adaptor to a 300Mpbs from Medialink. With no walls, 8 feet away I get about 3MBps over the network. Ya, its wireless so you shouldn't expect more that half the advertised speed but my 150Mbps TP-Link adapter will transfer more than double that. Granted I'm using it on Windows 8 which is not support but I don't think that's the problem.

Oh, and from 8 feet with no walls, if I plug it into the back without an extension cable down to 4 bars signal strength.

I guess it's going to have to go back.

UPDATE: I emailed support and they emailed my back within an hour with the solution. I had to download a driver from the chipset manufacture for Windows 8. Now its slightly faster than my old adaptor which based on specs is expected. Support was very good but the initial instructions were a bit technical for the average person, maybe from my original email he gathered I was in the tech industry. Very knowledgeable on their products from lab tests to real world expected results! Now I get about 8-9MBps with direct line of site 10 feet away which is 1MB faster than the old TP-Link. Your just not going to do much better in this price range, at least not from what I've found. Thanks for your help Jarrod from support!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, March 3, 2013
Bought this based on all the great reviews the older, 150Mbps version received. I plugged it in to my Win 7 x64 PC, the drivers were automatically installed (I was connected to wired internet still) and I was instantly connecting to my home wireless network (Netgear WNR3500L). The signal strength is on par with the antenna in my 5 year old HP laptop and I get near full bars from 30 feet away through 3 walls.

The only con compared to the 150Mbps version for sale is that this one does not include the USB extension cable and cradle, however this one was a few bucks cheaper at the time of purchase.

All in all, great product for a great price!

4.0 out of 5 stars EASY!!!, October 6, 2013
The MediaLink Adapter works really well. It was easy to install and worked almost as soon as I plugged it in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be better so far, July 8, 2014
A few years ago, I bought a Medialink router to replace an old linksys that kept requiring resets. I remember being completely blown away by how quick and easy the setup was for that router, especially since it was from a company that I hadn't heard of at that time. And to this day, years later, it hasn't needed a single reset or caused me a single problem. So when I had to move my modem to a different location in my house that prevented me from using a hardwired ethernet connection, I needed to get a wireless adapter. Because of my experience with the router, going Medialink was a no brainer. I plugged it into my Windows 8 PC and within minutes I was flying on the net again with full signal strength (the signal had to travel across a room, through a door, around a corner, down a flight of stairs, and across a living room). Maybe this is just observer error, but it FEELS much faster than when I was hardwired. The only con is that the stick does get a bit hot, but that hasn't caused any problems yet. All I need now is for Medialink to make a wider array of products so I can simplify my life. How about a Medialink toaster? TV? (No, I'm not a fake reviewer - I'm just really impressed by this company)

5.0 out of 5 stars Says it requires 3Ghz processor but works fine on my 2.67GHz., July 15, 2014
This went in quickly and easily on a 5 year old Dell. No installation problems, and it works excellently even though the system doesn't meet the minimum requirement of 3GHz for the CPU. It is our "Netflix server" - it sits in the living room while the router (Netgear N600) is at the other end of the house through several walls. No dropouts and runs at or near the maximum speed offered by the cable modem via the router - I tested it just now and it is running at 65 Mbps where the ASUS laptop I am currently typing at just across the room from it can only manage about 48 Mbps. There is some weird card in the laptop that is difficult to configure and I have never been able to get much more out of it than that - but the Medialink USB adapter tops it with no problem and no additional effort on my part other than merely plopping the install CD in the drive, sticking the USB adaptor in a USB slot (the Dell only has USB 2 slots btw), and letting the normal installation process rip.

The only thing that would make me happier would be if the Medialink could somehow be persuaded to cook dinner for me and do the dishes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy installation, GREAT RANGE!!, December 19, 2012
T.O. mom "isment2b" (Southern California) - See all my reviews
This adapter was a snap to install. It took less than one minute!!! I am using the adapter upstairs and a fairly far distance from the router. My last adapter only gave me a fair/good connection; this adapter always shows an excellent connection. I would recommend this Medialink Wireless N adapter to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Internet!, December 10, 2013
It works great. My desktop now has the Interweb and I can safely judge people and look up cat videos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Check Out JK3SZ or OffTarget on YouTube to see what I mean..., July 7, 2014
I like it, it gives internet to my tower even though my tower is in like 2 or 3 rooms away from modem. It only costed me $20 and it was shipped to my house with care. On my screen it only shows 2/5 bars of internet but it runs fast. I do a lot of gaming, voice acting, and other videos on my YouTube, which it all wouldn't happen if it wasn't for this stick.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like media link products, June 25, 2014
Donal Slentz (Springfield, MO USA) - See all my reviews
I have bought 3 of these now all have worked good right out of the box - The other thing I like is the drivers cd provided only loads DRIVERS - not a bunch of third rate networking crap!

Rate and Discover Movies