Medialink Wi-Fi versus new Linksys EA6500 Wireless AC router I just pre-ordered new Linksys EA6500 Wireless AC router with new chipset that is ultra fast. Wondering if anyone compared this #1 router on Amazon to new EA6500 router from Linksys or Netgear R6300. Would think the speed is worth the extra price. Also, how come MediaLink does not have latest router with Wireless AC Wi-Fi speed?
asked by John McGovern on August 29, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
MediaLink tech support. How come you don't have a Wireless AC router. You are the #1 router on Amazon.com, but you don't keep up with the latest technology. You monitor your products every hour, so please tell Amazon shoppers why you don't have a Wireless AC router. Why should customers stick with your brand if your technology is out of date? Both Linksys and Netgear have this technology and they invest in the future. But MediaLink only sells older technology. Why?
Here are the two routers on Amazon that use the latest Wireless AC wi-fi chipset and technology.
Linksys EA6500 Smart Wi-Fi Dual-Band AC Router with Gigabit and 2x USB
Linksys also has a Wireless AC Bridge Linksys Wireless-AC Universal Media Connector (WUMC710)
NETGEAR Wireless Router - AC 1750 Dual Band Gigabit (R6300)
John McGovern answered on August 30, 2012
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It has been my experience with Linksys, Netgear, etc. that they become unreliable over time -- I have owned many....I am more interested in reliable operation that flashy bolder than life print on the box that advertises the latest standards but has no assurance that it is implemented in a reliable fashion. I just purchased this Mediallink router about a week ago and thus far it operates great - time will tell. I am tired of dealing with routers that have built in planned obsolescence with inadequate support from folks that have an attitude and have serious problems speaking English.
BobInKyle answered on August 31, 2012
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Gordo33 - do you have any 802.11ac equipment?
Oleg M answered on September 15, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My new Linksys EA6500 wireless-AC router and LInksys WUMC710 wireless-AC bridge/adapter arrive this week. Monday or Tuesday. I will post review once I setup. The new EA6500 router has really cool new firmware. You can go local with all of the nice enhancements and apps or turn on remote cloud account. Really looking forward to it. They call these routers "smart wi-fi". I guess because the firmware has more features and makes it easy to setup and manage. But have lots of computer consulting customers looking for better faster wi-fi at their home. Many are looking to dump cable or satellite TV and go HD video streaming online instead. Hoping this new LInksys combination of wireless-AC router and bridge/adapter will do the trick.
John McGovern answered on September 16, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›