Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Jayhawks Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more

on April 26, 2013
We're transitioning away from cable (we use Netflix, Amazon Prime, Vudu, etc... for all streaming content) so we wanted to find a solution that would provide us local channels. I stumbled across this little bad boy and decided to give it a shot (for the cost, I went ahead an purchased 4). Shipping was SUPER FAST!!! I ordered on a Saturday and had them on Monday.

One drawback - the built in cable is too short. It really doesn't allow you much leeway to work with placement. I had to couple it to a longer cord. I found the higher up I could get the antenna, the less problems I had. You have to play with the placement of the antenna to get the best reception and channels. Right out of the box the antenna found 73 local HD channels (granted, most of the channels we ones that I'd never watch - EVER). The main local channels (NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, KDAF, CW etc.) came in loud and in super HD. Sometimes the picture will pixilate, but it's not terrible.

I attempted to set up a second TV and had much more difficulty in finding a placement that would allow for good reception. Still working on that.
2525 comments|725 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
After read one review on this product, I ordered. I wasn't sure if this 10$ panel works.
I installed yesterday, after scan, I got 54 HD channels. I just simply put on my dresser (tv in the bedrooom) facing the window, that is all.
Have to admit that, I see more channels (different) than cable TV services'. I cut my cable service to basic before.
I'm so happy about this product. I may order another one for our living room.
Btw, I live in South Bay area in California, I'm on 2nd floor.

New update: I put the antenna on the TV in the living room, I got 67 channels scanned. So I ordered 2nd one last night.
1818 comments|790 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 19, 2015
I did not buy this from Amazon , but from a different site for $5 shipped. I'm impressed. I just pasted it behind the TV with a bit of clear tape. Not even near the window.
I am getting major channels including ABC , WCCO , KARE11 FOX 9 and many more. All crystal clear in HD. It was able to tune upto 30 channels. I live in Minneapolis, MN about 10 miles from downtown where major transmissions happen.

Can't believe I was paying $10 each month to comcast for basic TV with lesser channels.

Attaching Pictures
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
11 comment|146 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 16, 2014
Works great, I wasn't sure how well it would work because of the price but I took a chance. I needed a small antenna to connect to my laptop so I can watch local channels that are not shown on the hotel TV. I was out of town when I ordered it so I had it shipped to my parents home. I asked my Dad to try it out but he couldn't get it to work. When I got home I changed the the TV from cable to antenna and had the TV scan for channels. Most of all the channels in the area were picked up the ones it couldn't be picked up have always had bad reception. My parents use a cable box connected with a HDMI CABLE so couldn't receive many local channels. Now my Mom is happy she can now watch telenovelas on the big screen TV then on an old small analog TV. This antenna picks up the Mexican digital channels from across the border. My parents liked it so much I left them the antenna and just placed an ordered for another one from Amazon.
review image
44 comments|201 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 28, 2013
Research before you buy. Look up dtv.gov/maps to see what channels you will receive for free in your area before buying this. You are most probably going to receive what you see there. If you are expecting 54 HD channels as some reviewers wrote, you might be dissapointed.
1919 comments|750 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2012
This antenna worked perfect even with my apartment being very hidden between buildings. This is antenna has a great reception and is super cheap compared to the other alternatives in Amazon (priced $60+).
review image review image review image review image
0Comment|228 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 27, 2012
Great deal, excellent reception, small, and light. This antenna picks up more channels than the $40 antenna on my other tv. I highly recommend this one.
11 comment|229 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 9, 2013
Short review: if you live in or near a city with local stations, you will love this.

At the risk of stating the obvious, I am sure the huge discrepancies in reviews stems from the fact that some reviewers live in or near a major city (like me) and some do not. I live in a high rise in Chicago, and this works great for me.

I don't watch a lot of TV, and my cable bill kept increasing at the end of each year without reasonable explanation. This, of course, occurred after the season for my football team had long since been over. I finally decided to just cut the cord because I was essentially paying $40 a month to watch football. I went 7 months without cable, but with football season rolling around again, I thought I would give this a try.

I can't believe how well it works. I get CBS, ABC, NBC, Fox, MeTV, MeToo, ThisChicago, Ion Television, WGN, and probably another 25 other channels I don't really watch. Do I have to occasionally move the antenna around? Yes, but I literally spend about 30 seconds moving the antenna an inch here and an inch there and then I'm done. Some days I don't have to move it at all. Considering this $10 item saves me about $500 a year, I have no complaints.

My antenna is laying on the TV stand, next to the TV. It's about 8 feet from the window, so I don't think it's necessary to relocate your TV to make this work.

I read some reviews where the person said he or she couldn't pick up any channels. This is likely related to the fact that he or she doesn't live in a big city, or he or she didn't program it correctly. You need to plug it in and then run a search on your TV for channels using the antenna option. It won't find anything under "cable." It sounds obvious, but I don't think everyone has searched far enough through their TV menu to find these options.

I've had this for about two weeks, and I'm only upset that I didn't get it sooner. But, I had it in plenty of time to watch the Hall of Fame game last weekend, so I really can't complain about anything.

At the end of the day, I say try it. What are you really out for $10? I believed it was worth the gambling, and it definitely paid off for me!
44 comments|224 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 19, 2012
I use this antenna in San Francisco Bay Area. Taped the antenna onto the wall, voila, I can see over 50 channels, many HD. I stopped counting after reaching 55 or so channels.

Many reviews say this antenna cannot pick up any channels or can pick up only a few channels. Maybe this is caused by scanning in "cable" mode rather than "antenna" mode. I made this mistake in the beginning: scanned for five minutes, got only 5 or 6 channels. Then I turned the TV tuner into "antenna" mode, and all channels popped out. Please make sure you check the scan mode before returning this product. Enjoy!
1414 comments|511 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 14, 2015
Check the signal strength at dtv.gov/maps before you buy. I live in 3rd floor of an apartment and I get about 10 HD channels. No more spending money on cable.
review image