From the Back Cover
The CURE for your REIMBURSEMENT BLUES
Ever wonder how physicians and hospitals get paid? Thinking about a career as a medical insurance specialist? Find out what it takes to succeed in this challenging field -- even if you don't have formal training, unlimited time, and a genius IQ. Medical Billing and Coding Demystified offers an effective and enlightening way to learn how this complex system works.
This handy resource clearly explains the practices used by medical offices, hospitals, and healthcare facilities to encode medical services in order to receive payment from government agencies and insurance companies. You'll learn about the ethical and legal aspects of medical billing, and how to navigate insurance plans and the insurance claim cycle, including disputes. Featuring end-of-chapter quizzes and a final exam, this illuminating guide explains the complexities of medical billing and coding in no time at all.
This self-paced guide gives you:
- An easy way to understand how to code medical bills for payment
- An overview of medical billing software
- Proven strategies for finding a job in the healthcare industry
- A quiz at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and pinpoint weaknesses
- A final exam at the end of the book
- No unnecessary technical jargon
- A time-saving approach to performing better on an exam at at work
Simple enough for a beginner, but challenging enough for an advanced student, Medical Billing and Coding Demystified is your shortcut to becoming an integral part of any healthcare team.
About the Author
Marilyn Burgos teaches medical billing and coding at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Donya Johnson is a Fairleigh Dickinson University faculty member, where she teaches classes in medical billing and coding.
Jim Keogh is on the faculty of Columbia University and is the coauthor of Microbiology Demystified and Pharmacology Demystified.