Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer showtimemulti showtimemulti showtimemulti  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 29, 2012
I am trying to teach medical biochemistry with this as the text and it is painful. Each chapter is written by a different person: some are too general, some are too specific, some are incomprehensible to a non-biochemist. Occasionally I will ask the students to read a chapter, but for use as a textbook to base the class on it is useless.

As others have said: don't waste your money. Can't believe it got those awards!
on May 27, 2013
I am at a career cross-roads and have also been a health coach in nutrition for the past two years. I decided to get this book in order to dig deeper into chemical reactions and their interplay with cells that lie at the base of human health and disease. My goal was also to gain a foundation of how medicine treats illnesses. The last time I studied cells and chemicals academically was over a decade ago in high school biology and chemistry. This book was great! Many drawings to illustrate what is happening in the body, as well as charts to organize groups, and clinical boxes to highlight patients with a particular condition.
on September 25, 2009
I did my B.S. in Biochemistry and bought this book to improve my medical biochem knowledge. On the plus side this text provides an overview (shows you the forest so to speak) of many major biochemical pathways in a cartoon-like diagrammatic format. However, I agree with the previous reviewers that it's emphasis isn't quite right for medical students. I've found some errors (e.g., fig 11.13 and 25.6 have arrows that are flipped the wrong way & some of the reference ranges in Appendix I have incorrect units) so be careful. My favorite med biochem text is Principles of Medical Biochemistry by Meisenberg/Simmons (ISBN: 0323029426) and the runner-up is Lippincott's Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry (ISBN: 0781769604).
on October 14, 2013
This book was like brand new. It looked as if no one had ever opened it. It still had its online access code and everything. I am very grateful thank you so much.

I got my book fast and in AMAZING CONDITION!
on February 3, 2014
All you need to know about human biochemistry in a professional medical environment. Fine illustrations and written in an very understanding way!!
on March 31, 2013
The book was in great new condition when I received it. I needed it for my class, it has been helpful.
on January 24, 2016
Perfect for intro mead students, clinical as well
on July 28, 2014